Lame Seattle crowd yet again

SZ303389SZ303389 Posts: 453
edited December 2013 in The Porch
That is all, need I say more? I was at Portland and BC and those crowds blew the roof off the arenas! Seattle, once again, was pitiful. And the band's 2nd encore proved it. Eddie even had to say "I hate to be the singer that says 'come on guys,' but..." Lame! Worst crowd ever, congrats.
ShawnZ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I agree. I was at the show and the crowd was dead....just like the city.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,781
    Then they should just stick to playing the Gorge when in that area
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• SVRDhand13 wrote:

:thumbup:
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:

Or come back to Portland more!
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    Well that sucks. Why are PJ shows like that in Seattle?? I don't get it!
    Now I'm even more grateful for the Vancouver crowd, who kicked all kinds of ass in my city where i generally think the crowds are somewhat lackluster ... maybe that phase in Vancouver is finally ending! In fact, i knkw it is, because i have seen good crowds at the last number of shows i've been to. So thank god! The lame crowd era in Vancouver may be over!! :D Maybe Seattle isn't far behind, and will soon exit that cloud as well! I hope so.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    I was at Portland and Seattle this tour... as well as the seattle 09 shows. This crowd was better than all 4 of those shows.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I have a feeling we will see them there in 2014. Hoping!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I know that I was rocking on in the pit last night but the couple from Italy were just leaning on the rail, the lady from Floridia was leaning on the rail, the 2 Brazilians were leaning on the rail, the 4 East coasters were just standing around. It seemed to me that the non locals were the lame ones. JMHO
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
    I know that I was rocking on in the pit last night but the couple from Italy were just leaning on the rail, the lady from Floridia was leaning on the rail, the 2 Brazilians were leaning on the rail, the 4 East coasters were just standing around. It seemed to me that the non locals were the lame ones. JMHO
    I think it's likely that the travellers who have been going to all the shows on the west coast or in the northwest were probably pretty much burned out by last night, so i can see why that might be the case. Traveling from show to show for days on end and spending half the time in GA line ups sounds exhausting and draining to me.
  • This must have to do with where you sit because from my 200 level in Vancouver! I thought the crowd sucked and it seemed like everyone was super drunk. Worst of the bunch in my opinion. I chalked it up to being a Wednesday night and $20 tickets available. Last night seemed way better than the last stop in Seattle for sure and way better than Vancouver THIS time IMO. That said, I also thought Spokane was the overall best show. Interesting the way we all see things...
  • No lame crowd issue in my section. I think it's a self fulfilling prophecy issue. And let's not forget that a "Seattle" crowd is usually 50% out-of-towners.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • If it was hafl out of towners, then that would mean it was half die hard fans.
    I was at the show..it had no crowd energy. Ed had to ask the crowd to wake up...
  • Maybe that's why they only did one show.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    copy paste
    i understand that maybe the crowd wasnt that good as other shows,or not much energy..
    but why this type of thread are so aggresive and with name calling about the local town fans,,?
    i dont get it..do u really think that make your point stronger or somnething?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
    Surprising to me that people always say the Settles crowds are kinda lame. Especially when their sports fans are so rowdy. Seahawks and Sounders fans are crazy at their games.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Tsk Tsk
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • SZ303389SZ303389 Posts: 453
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

YES!! Eddie was in love with that crowd, and it showed. Between the 3 shows...Portland wins HANDS DOWN!!
    ShawnZ
  • Crowd was pretty good in my section. I could see a lot of people who didn't really look that into it though. I was at Portland and Seattle and Portland definitely had the better crowd. Maybe the legal weed smoking party that was going on outside the arena had everyone mellowed out last night...
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    my show was better than your show... nah, nah, nah, nah nah
    did you see me? i saw you.
    If it was hafl out of towners, then that would mean it was half die hard fans.
    I was at the show..it had no crowd energy. Ed had to ask the crowd to wake up...

Exactly...Ed had to get extra wasted just to have fun. I felt bad for the guys, so happy to be "home" andthe crowd was rather unwelcoming. The spontaneous ovations in P-town (lol) and BC were amazing...in Seattle the boys got the quick cheers right after each song then pbbbbttt. Oh well, great set list and I enjoyed it, but I'm so glad I witnessed Portland and BC this tour as well.
    ShawnZ
  • Surprising to me that people always say the Settles crowds are kinda lame. Especially when their sports fans are so rowdy. Seahawks and Sounders fans are crazy at their games.

That is true of the sports fans. I am of the opinion that some people of Seattle think they are above the band, and think about embracing lame fucking bands like fleet foxes more. They try to act like they know it all before you, when they are really 1 year behind everything in the north east aka New York. Just a pretentious wanna be liberal city of the arts. Such a wanna be place. Way over hyped.
    copy paste
    i understand that maybe the crowd wasnt that good as other shows,or not much energy..
    but why this type of thread are so aggresive and with name calling about the local town fans,,?
    i dont get it..do u really think that make your point stronger or somnething?

pitiful is hardly an aggressive adjective, maybe not knowing the nuances of the language preclude you from understanding this, so i forgive you. just making conversation, don't take it so personnally. the hype behind "this will be the best seattle crowd ever" is just funny to me, so relax big guy...go flip a poster or something.
    ShawnZ
  • Not all crowds can be Boston-area crowds
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Ahr MannAhr Mann Posts: 141
    Surprising to me that people always say the Settles crowds are kinda lame. Especially when their sports fans are so rowdy. Seahawks and Sounders fans are crazy at their games.

That is true of the sports fans. I am of the opinion that some people of Seattle think they are above the band, and think about embracing lame fucking bands like fleet foxes more. They try to act like they know it all before you, when they are really 1 year behind everything in the north east aka New York. Just a pretentious wanna be liberal city of the arts. Such a wanna be place. Way over hyped.

Hah, OK Chachi. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

sounders fans are awesome, as are timbers fans, i think its a soccer thing. if you ever watched the BPL you'd laugh at american football fans.
    ShawnZ
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

"This negative energy just makes me stronger. We will not retreat! This band is unstoppable!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-j31YoEeRU
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    This must have to do with where you sit because from my 200 level in Vancouver! I thought the crowd sucked and it seemed like everyone was super drunk. Worst of the bunch in my opinion. I chalked it up to being a Wednesday night and $20 tickets available. Last night seemed way better than the last stop in Seattle for sure and way better than Vancouver THIS time IMO. That said, I also thought Spokane was the overall best show. Interesting the way we all see things...
    Have only heard rave reviews of the energy in Vancouver until your post, and from my perspective the crowd was on fire, and the band very clearly thought so too. I was up front and you could see it and feel it coming from them, and the pit was all energy and happiness, and the seats looked rocking from where i was standing (really couldn't see the upper levels though). Conversly, there are already threads about the crowd in Seattle being lame. Sorry you didn't enjoy it in Vancouver. But it's all about personal perspective! And about what mood you happen to be in. And maybe the section. Perhaps all the energy was in the lower bowl and the floor, and the lower crowd and the band were simply oblivious to the upper deck. That's entirely possible. But I think you're in a small minority with your feelings on it, judging from all the reviews. Of course, if you loved Seattle, that's great for you, and those who thought Vancouver was amazing, that's great for them! Everyone wins! :D Not that it's a contest. I do hope that Seattle stops having lame crowds (in many people's opinions). i love Seattle, and would still like to see PJ there sometime.
    No lame crowd issue in my section. I think it's a self fulfilling prophecy issue. And let's not forget that a "Seattle" crowd is usually 50% out-of-towners.
    I don't see what that has to do with anything. The crowd is the crowd, be they from Seattle or elsewhere.... from soany reports, there is just something about Seattle... ummm... could it be something about the band? Perhaps their vibe and energy force changes in their hometown and it affects the crowd. That would make more sense to me.

Wtf? Why are you trashing the city? Trying to make enemies or what?
    Seattle's a great city!
  • If they played better songs rather than the vanilla bullshit people would have been more rowdy ! #fact