vancouver = WORST ga lineup organization

mr_perfectmr_perfect Posts: 144
edited December 2013 in The Porch
more to follow...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Maybe Ed will get to see some new faces.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    I was in a GA line at one show and most of the people in the # 25-75 range took off for the day. At 5pm they all came back and let's just say ppl got angry when they wanted their place back in line after drinking all day.
  • 1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • mr_perfect wrote:
    more to follow...
    Im waiting patiently...

:P :P :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mr_perfectmr_perfect Posts: 144
    edited December 2013
    ok so we arrive around 3pm. building security moved the ga line to where we would be entering. at this point you could not join the line without having your tickets and wristbands and clearing security first. ok so we line up for almost 30 minutes to get these. we then head up to the line where we were told to sign our own names on a few pieces of paper left on a garbage can and to also mark our own hands. we were somewhere in the 80s.

So around 5pm we are told to organize ourselves. this worked ok and everyone fell into place. then around 530 we are told to move and line up SINGLE FILE around a rail. of course people (at the back of the line) took this opportunity to quickly place themselves in front of the numbered people who were trying to move. one lady kept screaming that security would not let us in unless we were single file on that rail. well that was full of shit and again people would not move, nor were they single file and nor did security even give a shit or say anything.

when it came time to enter at 630, security made 4 lines to enter. everyone mad rushes the lines and as you can tell the numbering system was completely thrown out.

once inside, everyone made a mad dash to the stairs to the floor, pushing and shoving.
    Post edited by mr_perfect on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Good, down with the number system.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2013
    I joined the line at about 5:45pm (nonone arriving that late got numbers, and i was still 3 deep in front of Eddie... and went to the washroom shortly after arriving and everyone happily let me back up to my original spot), and the line was fucking chaos. Actually, there wasn't even anything close to a line. Just a bunch of people milling around. I was completely shocked at how badly organized it was, and at how fucking insane some people up at the front of it (the list people) were being. Some chick was shrieking at the top of her lungs and bossing people around - there were several comments about how people wanted to punch her or gag her... it was very unpleasant for those 45 minutes before doors opened. wtf. ridiculous. People have to chill the fuck out in these lines!
    BTW, i'm sure the psychos up at the front acted like animals when the doors opened, but my part of fhe line and for a long ways ahead of me entered and went down to the pit in a very orderly fashion, no running, no shoving, and the people at the very end of the line still had sweet spots in the pit. All of the bullshit came from (some of) the people who got the rail.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The self-imposed 'number' system is completely ludacris. I showed up shortly after 3pm and stood outside for over three hours because (like most others) I wanted to get close. When someone showed up around 6pm and told me they were 'number XX' on the list and insisted they get in line in front of me, my response was and still is, "frankly, I don't give a shit."

I could have stopped by the venue at 6am, wrote my name on a notepad from a hotel, went to work, made some dinner reservations and stayed warm like 'number XX', but I waited in line in zero degree temperatures for three hours to get as close as possible to see my favourite band.

Sorry if I hurt anyone with numbers on their hands' feelings, but 'the list' is absolutely ridiculous.
    Toronto '96, Barrie '98, Toronto '00, Buffalo '03, Toronto '03, Kitchener '05, Hamilton '05, Toronto '05, Toronto 1 '06, Toronto 2 '06, Seattle 1 '09, Seattle 2 '09, Vancouver '09, Buffalo '10, AV '11, Vancouver '11, London '13, Wrigley '13, Vancouver '13
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The people with the numbers on their hands seem to be acting like f'n children.

Hearing about the "rail" is now the most annoying thing to hear from these fans.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    :shock:
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Implement the Springsteen system. This will:

1) Put the line czars out of business
    2) Give the average, jo schmo a shot at the rail without having to fight the people who follow the band from city to city and live on the sidewalk to get the rail
    3) Eliminate the possibility of another tragedy by stopping a mad rush to the front
  • SomeySomey Posts: 121
    Dude if you wait you should get the spot you deserve, it's honestly rediculous people don't honor the simple fact that you can not leave the line for hours on in go drink and enjoy ur day while people are freezing than just come back and be like oh well I signed my name at 6 am I left went and slept and hung out, bullshit. I don't know what happen down there but people need to work together on this one. That's the whole point of a community , work together.
    Somey

E.V. - United Palace Theater 08/05/2008
    E.V. - Beacon Theater 1 & 2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    jrnyc wrote:

2) Give the average, jo schmo a shot at the rail without having to fight the people who follow the band from city to city and live on the sidewalk to get the rail
    3) Eliminate the possibility of another tragedy by stopping a mad rush to the front

Im down with either this, or toss away GA completely.
    I wonder if the band gets tired of seeing the same faces on the center of rail all the time. I just want one time to be just off of the center on Stone's side. But then that's it. I'm done trying to figure out the best strategy to get a piece of the rail. I had the very end of the rail at one show and that was actually quite awesome.
  • And so the GA line notebook revolution begins.....I love it!
    :corn:
    Somey wrote:
    Dude if you wait you should get the spot you deserve, it's honestly rediculous people don't honor the simple fact that you can not leave the line for hours on in go drink and enjoy ur day while people are freezing than just come back and be like oh well I signed my name at 6 am I left went and slept and hung out, bullshit. I don't know what happen down there but people need to work together on this one. That's the whole point of a community , work together.
    And that's what happened at the GA lines I was in. People got their number and left for the day only to come back stinkin drunk and wanting their spots back. <<---- this is the kind of stuff that makes me not want to get so into concerts. Smelly, arrogant, aggressive drunks are a big turn off to attending shows and trying to get a good spot in GA

I honestly don't understand why so many people have to get so drunk before a show. Its sad. Its effin pearl jam, drink after the show. Some people have absolutely no self discipline.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    jrnyc wrote:

Im down with either this, or toss away GA completely.

Agree with all of this.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

And so the GA line notebook revolution begins.....I love it!
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Some chick was shrieking at the top of her lungs and bossing people around - there were several comments about how people wanted to punch her or gag her... it was very unpleasant for those 45 minutes before doors opened. wtf. ridiculous.

:lol:

why hasnt pj/venue security stepped in to do something about these idiots? If you leave the line, you should have to go to the back once you return
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539

Hearing about the "rail" is now the most annoying thing to hear from these fans.
    Gotta get those picks and tambourines. This place has gone fucking crazy
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I'm already in line for the next Philly show...anyone have a date? Hoping I packed enough undies
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    LloydXmas wrote:

Gotta get those picks and tambourines. This place has gone fucking crazy

Its kind of entertaining !
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Some chick was shrieking at the top of her lungs and bossing people around - there were several comments about how people wanted to punch her or gag her... it was very unpleasant for those 45 minutes before doors opened. wtf. ridiculous.

:lol:

why hasnt pj/venue security stepped in to do something about these idiots? If you leave the line, you should have to go to the back once you return
    Ppl have to take food/bathroom/ticket breaks, but they should not take off for most of the day. And there should be at least your ticket buddy holding your spot when you do leave. Taking off together is just bad manners. If you can't stand in line, then don't. Just don't think you are going to cut off all the ppl that did wait.

Human behavior is fascinating to observe when it comes to these shows. You see some truly bizarre stuff.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I saw a guy swinging his toddler around like a baseball bat knocking people away to get to the front of the mob.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I saw a guy swinging his toddler around like a baseball bat knocking people away to get to the front of the mob.
    :shock:
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    MayDay10 wrote:

Or do baseball players swing their bats like they're toddlers at a PJ show?

Ditch the numbering system and just friggin lineup. Let the line police itself. When you put somebody with no authority in charge, you're asking for trouble. If somebody that I hadnt seen all day showed up and flashed a number on their hand, thinking they were gonna just pop into line, I'd laugh in their face.
    DewieCox wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Or do baseball players swing their bats like they're toddlers at a PJ show?

Ditch the numbering system and just friggin lineup. Let the line police itself. When you put somebody with no authority in charge, you're asking for trouble. If somebody that I hadnt seen all day showed up and flashed a number on their hand, thinking they were gonna just pop into line, I'd laugh in their face.
    Well I waited all day at a show and a bunch of ppl came back at 5pm stating they were told they could leave for the day. They played stupid and got back into line all the people behind them had not seen any one of them once all day for over 7 hours. It was crazy.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I don't think it would be a lot of work for 10C to organize the GA process.

I've said before...I would absolutely freak out if I waited in line all day and then had 30 people show up before the doors open to get in line. To me that is line jumping and should get them kicked out of the place.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • 1) you're a fool if you wait all day in line to get into a GA show
    2) there are no rules or priority for GA. Just b/c you chose to freeze your ass off does not mean someone else has to respect it. Its a GA show
    3) Nobody is above an ass whipping, if somebody is extremely rude or pissed drunk, punch em !
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    kc007 wrote:
    I wonder if the band gets tired of seeing the same faces on the center of rail all the time. I just want one time to be just off of the center on Stone's side. But then that's it. I'm done trying to figure out the best strategy to get a piece of the rail. I had the very end of the rail at one show and that was actually quite awesome.

I am sure they do. Isn't that the reason for non GA shows ( pre this tour) they put in the 1st and 2nd row lottery? Now mostly it seems parts of the 1st and 2nd row are the same people from show to show , they are just getting there a different way ( list people, sidewalk people, people who follow the band all over the place). I believe at one of the Brooklyn shows EV made mention of recognizing people down front.