WHAT CAN I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A BRILLIANT,BRILLIANT,BRILLIANT
    SHOW!!
    Well worth the long trip from Hokkaido,
    Japan . I left in a blizzzard, arrived in a blizzzard
    and the show was A Blizzzard!!!!!!!!!!
    FANTASTIC!!!!
    Thank you so much Pearl Jam for bringing so much
    Joy and happinesss,Cant wait forVancouver next.!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope we can get a flight okay as our booked one is cancelled at
    The moment!!!!!!!!
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • Options
    WHAT CAN I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A BRILLIANT,BRILLIANT,BRILLIANT
    SHOW!!
    Well worth the long trip from Hokkaido,
    Japan . I left in a blizzzard, arrived in a blizzzard
    and the show was A Blizzzard!!!!!!!!!!
    FANTASTIC!!!!
    Thank you so much Pearl Jam for bringing so much
    Joy and happinesss,Cant wait forVancouver next.!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope we can get a flight okay as our booked one is cancelled at
    The moment!!!!!!!!
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • Options
    johnmc1976johnmc1976 Florida Posts: 315
    what was final attendance last night? great setlist!
    00' Noblesville, IN 03' Lexington, KY, 13' Wrigley
  • Options
    2 of those empty 10C floor seats were mine. Couldn't get there from Edmonton.

Glad to see everyone had a great time. I fully admit, I am upset.
  • Options
    johnmc1976johnmc1976 Florida Posts: 315
    Re: *** Calgary, AB Fanviews Here 12/02/13 ***

Unread postby davethenflder » 03 Dec 2013 12:38

2 of those empty 10C floor seats were mine. Couldn't get there from Edmonton.

Glad to see everyone had a great time. I fully admit, I am upset.

Sorry to here that. There is nothing you could do. Mother Nature has not exactly been too nice to PJ fans this year.
    00' Noblesville, IN 03' Lexington, KY, 13' Wrigley
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    Met two people from Lethbridge who did the drive yesterday and they said other then leaving Lethbridge their drive was smooth. Took them half an hour longer then usual. That being said, it sucks for those who didn't make it. Row three on the floor and four seats beside me were empty so I know alot of 10c members couldn't make it.
    It was an awesome show. THey get better and better.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    edited December 2013
    I came up to Canada, and specifically Calgary in 2011 and swore I wouldn't miss another Calgary show and man, was it worth it.

Had front row on Stone's side ... I was really stoked about his energy in Portland and Oakland so I wanted to be over there, and it paid off.

Building was almost full with some sections noticeably empty (my friend had the 6 seats next to her in the side 10C section empty, had most of the row to herself.) But, I'd say it was 90% full ... and the crowd that was there made up for the missing 10% in energy and volume, for sure.

Not sure if it was mentioned but, where the Phillip Glass Metamorphosis music used to be, there was some piano music of Pendulum playing when they walked on stage ... then they broke into Of The Girl .... a song I've been waiting to hear again since 2006. Followed by Hard to Imagine ... unreal start to the night.

I was with a group of people that started the Stone chant in Spokane that led to Don't Gimme No Lip ... when we started the chant again early in the night, Ed commented something along the lines of "aw shit ... you keep chanting for Stone like that, and Mike's gone get jealous and play extra hard" to which the crowd started chanting for Mike and Mike started finger picking his fret board and joking around .... then Ed went to the center of the crowd and asked for some random dude's name ... "Scott eh?" then the crowd erupted into a "Scott! Scott! Scott!" chant .... and Ed quipped ... "Well, Scott ... do something ... like ... show us your tits!" :lol:

Evenflow is where things started getting really crazy for my crew. Ed came over and gave a few of us some wine, while my friend was getting her cup filled some dude from the third row jumped on top if us and tried to grab the bottle away from Ed, spilling a good amount. Ed backed up for a bit and half flipped the guy off and told him to fuck off ... they energy we had in our section was so great and I'm glad Ed put an end to those shenanigans. When he came back to refill the cups, another friend of mine handed Ed a mod logo/Who target pin ... which Ed wore on his shirt the rest of the night.

Yet again, the first encore was astounding ... Sleight of Hand was near perfect, the whole band was completely locked in for that one. Last Exit --> Go ---> Porch nearly tore the building apart.

Porch came and we got a bunch more wine out of the magnum Ed was drinking out of ... I'm pretty sure I gave 3/4th of the wine to the surrounding folks. So many good people around us coming from so far away.

Then I had the most insane interaction with the band in my 20+ years of seeing them (including bumping into Stone and Jeff randomly in the hotel elevator in Portland) ... after Ed got off the swinging lantern he tried to come over to us to sing the end of Porch ... he got close but was held up as the mic cord was wrapped around the monitor so, he couldn't quite make it all the way. I felt the surge of folks behind me, but it was a good energy push, not a mad rush ... Ed was in our faces belting the end of Porch, what I thought, was a lot of right at me ... it was incredibly intense ... and we were all giving it right back to him, probably the loudest I've ever sang at a PJ show ... just insane energy. Then ended the first encore.

Ed then walks out for the second encore alone ... walks out from Mike's side and walks directly to our section on Stone's side, about mid stage he locks eyes onto me and just came straight for me ... took the step down, waved me closer and gave me his pick. Shit man ... the moment of Porch between him and I/us was the reward, that was phenomenal ... but the pick, too? Tip o' the cap EV ... thanks for that!

I was double stoked when he rewarded my friend for the button during Fuckin' Up by giving him a tambo ... it's not about the material items ... but, about the memories around them and the mutual respect between the band and the crowd ... and we had some amazing times with our crew up there.

We thought Fuckin' Up may end it ... but Ed convinced them to do Indifference ... and after Indifference, Ed still wanted to keep going ... but, they had to wrap it up. 32 songs flew by, and damn, looks like there were 5 more on the setlist they scrapped (WWS, Got Some, Jeremy, Sleeping by Myself and Leavin' Here), I was stunned to see that. But, no difference, certainly one of my favorite shows ever, I fell in love with Canada and Calgary in 2011 and this made me crush harder on this city and the people ... cannot wait to do it again Calgary!!!

See y'all in Vancouver (if I ever get my cancelled flight rebooked)!!!
    Post edited by jimed14 on
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Can't say the same this morning, things are much worse today. Hopefully the band and the trucks have no issues getting to Vancouver.

This is what I'm worried about too. Hope they get over those Rocky Mountains today.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,655
    what a show! had a fantastic time last night. first 3 songs wow!!!! on to vancity tonight!
  • Options
    This is what I'm worried about too. Hope they get over those Rocky Mountains today.

The Crowsnest Pass is closed but Highway 1 west of Calgary is open. Might take a few extra hours but I suspect they'll make it.
    Five favourite shows ever

1. Pearl Jam, Calgary, 2005
    2. NIN/QOTSA/DFA 1979, Calgary, 2005
    3. Pearl Jam, Calgary, 2013
    4. Rock the Bells, San Francisco, 2007
    5. The White Stripes, Calgary, 2007
  • Options
    HussaHussa Posts: 111
    Wow... Just finally getting up... Had to crash at my buddy's place after the show... Still trying to grasp what happened... Drove up from Lethbridge through the blizzard, driven by fear... Not fearing the conditions so much, as the fear of potentially missing the show gripped me... Like my hands to the stearing wheel... Too many highlights... Had 10C reserved seats, floor, row 11, center... Wow... More later, I gotta find my bearings... Huge THANK U to the band and the fans who STILL came out and filled the Saddledome. WE TURNED IT OUT!!!!
    Sept. 4, 2005 - Calgary Saddledome
    Sept. 21, 2011 - Calgary Saddledome
    Dec. 2, 2013 - "THE BLIZZARD SHOW" -Calgary Saddledome
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    YLed2 wrote:
    Sea wrote:
    He then sings a little bit of “Mr. Plow” from “The Simpsons”)

:lol:

How long until we start seeing song requests for Mr. Plow and seeing threads "The Official I've Heard Mr. Plow Thread".

Looked like an incredible set list. Can't wait for Seattle!

No kidding! I wanna see video of this!

Balls In Your Mouth into Mr. Plow would be fucking EPIC someday!!!! :lol:

Play Mr. Plow, You Pussies!!!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 325
    I know the reason they came back to calgary this time was because the 11 show blew THEM away, it was a loud crowd, and it sounds like, under the circumstances, calgary brought it again. Good on ya, COW-TOWN!!!!!!! im stuck working in fort mac for 10 more days and my wife and daughters get to go to van tomor:(. Its okay, we went to dallas, okc, and phoenix, and that made my year. Bring on 14, fuckers!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    The Crowsnest Pass is closed but Highway 1 west of Calgary is open. Might take a few extra hours but I suspect they'll make it.

Well that's great news.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    What a setlist!!!! Sounds like a fantastic show. Hope everyone made it safely home.
  • Options
    Any vids pop up yet on Mr. Plow?
    I love facts. All kinds of facts.
  • Options
    TK-421TK-421 Posts: 14
    There is a lot to be said about the band, the set list and the performance but I am just going to comment on the Calgary crowd. In '05 PJ played here and I remember the band was blown away by the crowd reaction. Ed commented along the lines of "Why haven't we played here before.....we'll be back". Virginfest at Canada Olympic Park in '09 was another great show, Ed commented that the crowd deserved the Olympic Platinum medal, surpassing the gold standard. They had another great show with a great crowd on the PJ20 Tour in 2011, which brings us to last night.

From where I was the crowd was absolutely incredible, even better than the previous shows. The band can feel it and their performance last night reflected it. I think the miserable blizzard conditions actually brought the audience together with a shared experience; stress and difficulty in getting to the show. The weather also effected the band and I think having had the uncertainty of if the show would go on, how many people would be there, etc connected the band with the crowd that much more giving the stadium a truly palpable vibe. "The Blizzard Show" is certainly my favorite PJ show to date. I wont forget that concert last night. I'm sure PJ will be back to Calgary, but like Ed said.....in the summer!
  • Options
    "Not your classic rock and roll start" I'm sure alot of people thought. But those 1st 3 songs blew me away. Knew it was gonna be a special night after that. SOLAT, Lukin, so many gems. And what energy! The boys were really given 'er. Thanks to all in attendace for giving it right back. Safe travel to you all, and a well deserved rest to the band.
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    TK-421 wrote:
    There is a lot to be said about the band, the set list and the performance but I am just going to comment on the Calgary crowd. In '05 PJ played here and I remember the band was blown away by the crowd reaction. Ed commented along the lines of "Why haven't we played here before.....we'll be back". Virginfest at Canada Olympic Park in '09 was another great show, Ed commented that the crowd deserved the Olympic Platinum medal, surpassing the gold standard. They had another great show with a great crowd on the PJ20 Tour in 2011, which brings us to last night.

From where I was the crowd was absolutely incredible, even better than the previous shows. The band can feel it and their performance last night reflected it. I think the miserable blizzard conditions actually brought the audience together with a shared experience; stress and difficulty in getting to the show. The weather also effected the band and I think having had the uncertainty of if the show would go on, how many people would be there, etc connected the band with the crowd that much more giving the stadium a truly palpable vibe. "The Blizzard Show" is certainly my favorite PJ show to date. I wont forget that concert last night. I'm sure PJ will be back to Calgary, but like Ed said.....in the summer!

Calgary crowds are amazing rock crowds. I was at the 2005 and 2011 shows and I agree, the crowds at both were incredible. Felt like a celebration. I was sad to have to miss this one. Vancouver crowds can be hit and miss.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    I came up to Canada, and specifically Calgary in 2011 and swore I wouldn't miss another Calgary show and man, was it worth it.

Had front row on Stone's side ... I was really stoked about his energy in Portland and Oakland so I wanted to be over there, and it paid off.

Building was almost full with some sections noticeably empty (my friend had the 6 seats next to her in the side 10C section empty, had most of the row to herself.) But, I'd say it was 90% full ... and the crowd that was there made up for the missing 10% in energy and volume, for sure.

Not sure if it was mentioned but, where the Phillip Glass Metamorphosis music used to be, there was some piano music of Pendulum playing when they walked on stage ... then they broke into Of The Girl .... a song I've been waiting to hear again since 2006. Followed by Hard to Imagine ... unreal start to the night.

I was with a group of people that started the Stone chant in Spokane that led to Don't Gimme No Lip ... when we started the chant again early in the night, Ed commented something along the lines of "aw shit ... you keep chanting for Stone like that, and Mike's gone get jealous and play extra hard" to which the crowd started chanting for Mike and Mike started finger picking his fret board and joking around .... then Ed went to the center of the crowd and asked for some random dude's name ... "Scott eh?" then the crowd erupted into a "Scott! Scott! Scott!" chant .... and Ed quipped ... "Well, Scott ... do something ... like ... show us your tits!" :lol:

Evenflow is where things started getting really crazy for my crew. Ed came over and gave a few of us some wine, while my friend was getting her cup filled some dude from the third row jumped on top if us and tried to grab the bottle away from Ed, spilling a good amount. Ed backed up for a bit and half flipped the guy off and told him to fuck off ... they energy we had in our section was so great and I'm glad Ed put an end to those shenanigans. When he came back to refill the cups, another friend of mine handed Ed a mod logo/Who target pin ... which Ed wore on his shirt the rest of the night.

Yet again, the first encore was astounding ... Sleight of Hand was near perfect, the whole band was completely locked in for that one. Last Exit --> Go ---> Porch nearly tore the building apart.

Porch came and we got a bunch more wine out of the magnum Ed was drinking out of ... I'm pretty sure I gave 3/4th of the wine to the surrounding folks. So many good people around us coming from so far away.

Then I had the most insane interaction with the band in my 20+ years of seeing them (including bumping into Stone and Jeff randomly in the hotel elevator in Portland) ... after Ed got off the swinging lantern he tried to come over to us to sing the end of Porch ... he got close but was held up as the mic cord was wrapped around the monitor so, he couldn't quite make it all the way. I felt the surge of folks behind me, but it was a good energy push, not a mad rush ... Ed was in our faces belting the end of Porch, what I thought, was a lot of right at me ... it was incredibly intense ... and we were all giving it right back to him, probably the loudest I've ever sang at a PJ show ... just insane energy. Then ended the first encore.

Ed then walks out for the second encore alone ... walks out from Mike's side and walks directly to our section on Stone's side, about mid stage he locks eyes onto me and just came straight for me ... took the step down, waved me closer and gave me his pick. Shit man ... the moment of Porch between him and I/us was the reward, that was phenomenal ... but the pick, too? Tip o' the cap EV ... thanks for that!

I was double stoked when he rewarded my friend for the button during Fuckin' Up by giving him a tambo ... it's not about the material items ... but, about the memories around them and the mutual respect between the band and the crowd ... and we had some amazing times with our crew up there.

We thought Fuckin' Up may end it ... but Ed convinced them to do Indifference ... and after Indifference, Ed still wanted to keep going ... but, they had to wrap it up. 32 songs flew by, and damn, looks like there were 5 more on the setlist they scrapped (WWS, Got Some, Jeremy, Sleeping by Myself and Leavin' Here), I was stunned to see that. But, no difference, certainly one of my favorite shows ever, I fell in love with Canada and Calgary in 2011 and this made me crush harder on this city and the people ... cannot wait to do it again Calgary!!!

See y'all in Vancouver (if I ever get my cancelled flight rebooked)!!!

I was behind you last night and you were nice enough to share Ed's wine with us. Thanks so much for that, you put out good energy. Your review captured last night for me exactly. Safe travels.
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    jimed14 - what a review man. Loved reading that!

I was so blown away by the turn out - Rough estimates are 14,000 for last nights show - Total seating capacity is 19,289 - maximum capacity ever reached was for 1988 olympics at 20,016.

Calgary Herald review:

“I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling pretty damn good,” said Eddie Vedder to 14,000 faithful at the Saddledome Monday night, not long after joking about his heroic booze intake. He certainly was.

Whether it was that rather large magnum of red wine he was consuming, or simply that he is now a 48-year-old father-of-two, the one-time dour anti-rock star of Seattle’s Pearl Jam was good-natured, gracious, funny, warm and even playful when leading his veteran grunge outfit through an energetic and generous three-hour set.

Pearl Jam, arguably the most stadium-friendly of the 1990s grunge purveyors, unleashed a pitch-perfect show as a blizzard raged outside, paying tribute to their impressive back catalogue without forgoing their freshly released and underrated new album, Lightning Bolt. It’s a testament to the act’s prowess on stage — and its large quantity of durable songs — that they rarely seem to repeat a setlist, keeping their fans (and us hapless journalists struggling to identify tunes) on their toes. It all gave the evening a sense of spontaneity, a rarity for stadium acts.

Certainly, the opening moments of Pearl Jam’s set Monday night were unexpected. Eddie and the boys kicked things off with the little-known Of the Girl from 2000’s Binaural, one of those moody, Pearl Jam songs that creeps slowly into focus. It was hardly your typical opening salvo. But, as if to out-obscure themselves, they next pulled out the equally dirge-like Hard to Imagine, one of the more obscure numbers from Lost Dogs, which is basically an album of B-side obscurities.

How many stadium acts, particularly ones armed with 20 years of anthemic rockers and a new album to promote, would do that?

It was a refreshing curveball to say the least. Still, once they sprang into gear with the punk-fuelled fury of Lightning Bolt, Pearl Jam galloped along with a musical intensity that stayed with them until a spirited cover of Neil Young’s F—in' Up helped end the night.

Early highlights included the searing Corduroy, which remains one of Vedder’s best melodies, and a charging Animal from 1994s Vs. New single Mind Your Manners proved to be a sturdy, full-throttle sing-a-long, as did Red Mosquito, another long-forgotten gem plucked from 1996s unfairly maligned No Code. Even the band’s large collection of ballads — torqued versions of I Am Mine and Wishlist were particularly effective — had added urgency.

What kept it all from becoming numbingly earnest was the band’s playful nature. It was on display during the set-ending favourite Better Man, a gloomy song that is anything but playful. It was on display when guitarists Mike McCready and Stone Gossard duelled classic-rock style on extended versions of Even Flow, Porch and a stately cover of Victoria Williams’ Crazy Mary. But, mostly, it was on display in the looseness of the band’s leader.

While Vedder hasn’t abandoned his expressive singing, he has certainly embraced his band’s inherent crowd-pleasing, classic-rock vibe in ways he never did as a brooding young artist. He paid earnest tribute to everyone from Calgary snowplow drivers, to Lou Reed (before a wonderful, solo cover of The Velvet Underground’s After Hours), to flood recovery efforts at the Dome. But he also swung over the crowd on a lighting unit like Errol Flynn and showcased some Pete Townshend windmill moves, suggesting this one-time purveyor of angst and sorrow doesn’t take himself quite as seriously as he once did. He also pointed out that the evening’s opening act — old friend’s Mudhoney — had braved a 13-hour drive to play a 45-minute set for Pearl Jam’s fans.

The Seattle veterans, who have actually been together longer than the headliners, opened things up as the blizzard-weary crowd wandered in. The Saddledome tends to make sludgy bands sound even sludgier, but there was no denying the sparks that flew on tracks such as the metallic In this Rubber Tomb and snarling Here Comes Sickness.

Of course, it is the sad fate of any opening act, no matter how rightfully respected they may be, to warm up half-empty stadiums. But as an act that shares Pearl Jam’s impressive Seattle bloodline — pioneers Green River splintered into Mudhoney and Pearl Jam — this four-piece’s tight, howling set was certainly worth being on time for.

I equate my experience based on my manly cries: I confess these to you all now;

2nd song - Hard To Imagine - had a good cry when singing out loud :lol:
    3rd song - Nothingman - same thing happened
    12th song - Sirens - last verse, had a big man weep :lol: - no real personal tragedies or anything; just relating to the song and let the emotions fly
    18th song - SOLAT - couldn't believe I was hearing and seeing this live - cried again while belting out the song
    23rd song - Future Days - I was a little babbling brook

Other highlights for me: Ed's texas mickey of wine and how he struggled to lift it to his lips with one arm.
    Ed licking up wine (allegedly; he did act like he did it, I can't confirm he actually physically licked it up)
    Asking the fan, Scott, to flash his tits
    The shoutout to Jaxon, the little drummer in the audience - his reactions were awesome
    The guys playing around with the globe lights was aight
    BOOM chants
    Playing Elderly Woman to the crowd behind the stage
    The props Ed gave to the Saddledome's condition post-flood and all the props he gave to the volunteers for getting the Dome in tip-top shape
    Ed leaning on Mike and Jeff pulling them up
    Jeff's badass spinning jumps!
    Ed's quintuple jumps while ending a song
    Ed's microphone skills - how he bends backwards in a crab-like stance and manages to hang on effortlessly
    Ed shouting at Keely to give him some lights during the first verse of Lukin cuz he can't see his lyrics
    Epic crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Epic setlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D 100 smileys :D:D:D
    Goodluck to all in Van and Seattle and in Australia in '14!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    What a show! Personally, I thought it crushed the crowd of 2011. The first three songs to open the show blew me away...thank you Pearl Jam for another unique experience. Also thank you to Stone, whom my wife and I met in our hotel pub before the show, for being so courteous and getting his picture taken with us, shaking my hand and allowing me to buy his lunch. Our 13 year old daughter, who couldn't come to this show, was so jealous, but also so happy for us at the same time. Thank you again PJ...you are the very best.
    14 year wait, what a campfire!

Saskatoon '05, Chicago HOB '05, Toronto 1 & 2 '06, Chicago 1 & 2 '09, Winnipeg '11, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Edmonton '11, Calgary '13
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    8-)
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    What a show! Personally, I thought it crushed the crowd of 2011. The first three songs to open the show blew me away...thank you Pearl Jam for another unique experience. Also thank you to Stone, whom my wife and I met in our hotel pub before the show, for being so courteous and getting his picture taken with us, shaking my hand and allowing me to buy his lunch. Our 13 year old daughter, who couldn't come to this show, was so jealous, but also so happy for us at the same time. Thank you again PJ...you are the very best.

That's wicked.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,862
    ed243421 wrote:
    MR. PLOW !!!!!

call mr. plow
    that's the name
    that name again is mr. plow

i wanted to hear the rap version :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9EbOXYenJY

:lol: only two more shows left in the US leg, it's been real.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    What was crossed off the set list? Can't make them all out.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    ed243421 wrote:
    MR. PLOW !!!!!

call mr. plow
    that's the name
    that name again is mr. plow

i wanted to hear the rap version :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9EbOXYenJY

:lol: only two more shows left in the US leg, it's been real.

Seriously if this doesn't hit youtube, then Ten Club MUST provide the video screen footage of it. PLEASE! Who knew Eddie was a Simpsons fan?! Not me!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    After experiencing the Calgary blizzard and a flight cancellation and then 7 hours at the airport, I am glad to be home.

But what an AMAZING AMAZING ride.

Hard to Imagine was the song I was really hoping for in Calgary / Vancouver. The opener of Of the Girl into Hard to Imagine made the night for me - it could of ended right there and I would have been a happy girl. Then they give me Nothingman!!! There are no words to describe this unexpected perfection of an opener.

And then to get Red Mosquito - holy shit! could not believe it. Other highlights were I Got Shit and Sleight of Hand (love that song, and it gave me goosebumps in Calgary). And Jaxon - kid has talent and personality.

I took a friend to the concert, who had never been to see a Pearl Jam show. It was a treat to see her reaction to the experience ... she mentions to me that she is really glad we have reserved seats because she wouldn't want to stand the whole show ... ha ha ... she was standing and fist pumping and smiling and screaming the whole night. She was blown away by the band's energy and the crowd's energy and that the crowd could carry songs. As we were walking back to the car, she says to me ... one thing I didn't understand, why was everyone booing the keyboard player? Hee hee.

Fantastic show and great crowd (in spite of the missing seats). Very happy and grateful to have been there. And kind of happy to say that this Vancouver girl has finally experienced a true Canadian winter. :D
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."