Options

Cornell cancelled tonight's show

SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
edited November 2013 in The Porch
I waited outside the venue in the rain, snow and sleet for 6 hours only to find out he cancelled the show due to shoulder issues. Does anyone else find this coincidental given they are playing in AC in 2 days? I'm totally let down. All I wanted was to get a handshake and maybe have my songbooks vinyl signed.

If it was an injury I think we could have been notified sooner than 5 PM.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    That sux.. Cornell was great a few weeks ago. I feel your pain..

but in fairness, maybe he waited so long to pull the plug because he wanted to wait and see if he would start to feel better as the day went on.?? Game time decision?

You should be getting a make-up show? or is it just canceled all together and a refund?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Sure there wasn't an Obama rally on Iowa?
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    So far it's been rescheduled without a date. Let's hope it gets rescheduled for sure!
  • Options
    Ah designer jeans don't sell themselves
  • Options
    One time he got sick and cancelled a show really later than he should have, so most of us showed up. He did come back as promised, however. Shit happens.
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    facebook messge from about six hours ago..

Chris Cornell regrets to announce that he will be unable to perform tonight at the Grand Opera House in Wilmington, Delaware, due to a severe shoulder strain sustained today.

Chris had hoped to be able to make the show tonight, but doctors have advised that he rests. The date will be rescheduled as soon as possible, and all tickets will be honored. Chris would like to apologize to everyone, especially those who have traveled to Wilmington for the show.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder were having coffee together at a local coffee shop this morning. Chris was buying. Chris got Eddie the wrong cup of coffee. Eddie picked up a microphone stand from some guy playing there and threw it at Chris. Fucked up Chris' shoulder. Diva moment. DI VA Moment!
    :lol:
  • Options
    One time he got sick and cancelled a show really later than he should have, so most of us showed up. He did come back as promised, however. Shit happens.

Poughkeepsie NY two years ago, right?

I had great seats for my 15 daughter (17 now) and I and we drove the 2.5 hours to see the show. Went inside the venue after parking and getting pics of the beautiful marquee and found out from the lady at the box office window that he 'just' cancelled the show... this was at about 5:00pm for a 7:30pm show... apparently had the flu. Really sucked and would love to see Chris solo but that experience hurt... it was a long drive home. We sold the tix to the rescheduled show to a friend of my daughter's from Facebook.

I almost grabbed tix to the Kingston show but balked at the last minute -- probably bc of the 4 PJ shows I had just purchased tix/hotels for, lol! :lol:

It happens... as much as it sucks, these guys are only human, too... I understood the flu but a bum shoulder would've been harder to swallow for whatever reason, so my heart is with you.