♣♣♣ 11/26/13 OAKLAND Setlist Thread ♣♣♣

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I want some cheesecake!! NOW!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    8.DISSIDENT
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • justam wrote:
    Just curious to hear what everyone thinks is the earliest age to take a child to a show. My son is 13 and I have taken him to a few shows with earplugs and early curfews at the venue.

I think it depends on the show, but in general I think 12 is a great age because they aren't too small and they are starting to mature a bit so they can last the whole time without getting tired. :)
    I took my 14 year old step son on Saturday. He loves the new album but also likes the classics he loves to hear "go home" I tell him it's called Why go. He had a blast that night. I think he is now a true PJ fan. I'm just worried bc my brother and I split our fan club seats. We now have another fan.
    VA Beach Aug 03, 2000, Jones Beach Aug 23,25 2000,Camden-Sep 01,02 2000, DC Sep 04,2000, Seattle Nov 05,06 2000, Philly Apr 28, 2003, Nassau Apr 30,2003, State College May 03,2003, Bristow VA Jul 03,2003, Camden Jul 05,06 2003, MSG Jul 08,09 2003, Hershey Jul 12, 2003, Holmdel Jul 14, 2003, Reading Oct 01, 2004 PNC Park Sep 28, 2005, Philly Oct 03, 2005, Camden May 27,28 2006, Whales Vagina - Jul 07, 2006, Forum Jul 09,10 2006, Camden Jun 19,20 2008, MSG Jun 24,25 2008, Chicago Aug 23,24, 2009, LA Sep 30,Oct 1 2009, LA Oct 06,07 2009,Whales Vagina Oct 09, 2009, Spectrum - Oct 27,28,30,31st 2009, East Troy Sept 3rd &4th 2011, Philly Sept 2nd 2012, Chicago July 19th 2013, Phoenix Nov 19th 2013, Whales Vagina Nov 21st, LA 23rd&24th 2013, Dana Point Sept 26th, Oct 1st&2nd 2021, Whales Vagina May 3rd 2022, La 6th&7th 2022, Oakland May 12th&13th 2022.
  • GOOOOD MORNING!

We need Some 'off he goes" , 'lukin 2' and Sad tonight.....
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    justam wrote:
    Just curious to hear what everyone thinks is the earliest age to take a child to a show. My son is 13 and I have taken him to a few shows with earplugs and early curfews at the venue.

I think it depends on the show, but in general I think 12 is a great age because they aren't too small and they are starting to mature a bit so they can last the whole time without getting tired. :)

Cannot wait until my oldest will be able to make it to the end of a Pearl Jam show.
    :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292

I would probably say 10, depending on the kid and their interest in seeing the band. You could even go younger than that, but I would go to reserved seats, not to the pit.

For the pit, maybe 12 or so. Dunno... really depends on the band, the crowd, and how much the kid loves the band.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• 8.DISSIDENT

dedicated to Ricky Ramone?
    justam wrote:

I took my 14 year old step son on Saturday. He loves the new album but also likes the classics he loves to hear "go home" I tell him it's called Why go. He had a blast that night. I think he is now a true PJ fan. I'm just worried bc my brother and I split our fan club seats. We now have another fan.

:D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • 8.DISSIDENT

dedicated to Ricky Ramone?

there was meaning, but he sold him to the state (E.I.)
    ED'S TOASTING AT THE REQUEST OF A SIGN IN GA
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    yep.. I cant wait to get back out on the road!

3rd us leg.. Europe.. I am gonna do that shit!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    he is talking about a fan being mugged
    TALKING ABOUT BRAZIL SIGN OF FAN WHO WAS ROBBED
    heard some crazy Cali stories!! what is going on out there?
    ^^^^
    9.FAITHFUL
  • justam wrote:

I think it depends on the show, but in general I think 12 years is a great age because they aren't too small and they are starting to mature a bit so they can last the whole time without getting tired. :)

There was a father-son pair on Stone's side just above the floor at LA2 on Sunday who were dancing the entire night. It was awesome to see how happy they both looked.
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,622
    ^^^^
    9.FAITHFUL

Love this song and look forward to hearing what Ed had to say. She was right next to me in the Phoenix show and saw her after Sunday's LA show as well. That's really too bad.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457

wtf?!?
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• What happened to her?
    Flubby
  • Wonder who will get "Gates of Steel" by Devo. They soundchecked it multiple times in San Diego.
    This . . . Would be killer !!!!!! :mrgreen:
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

10.SETTING FORTH
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    She was mugged while outside the venue in the GA line, I think in the early hours of the morning when there probably was no one around. I don't know the details, but apparently her passport, money and other stuff was stolen.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    From her FB page:

"Guys, I was stolen this early morning in Oracle Arena. My friend and I were the first to arrive and there was a guy there that told us that he was working there. After he took my bag and runned with my passaport, money and cards. Im lost. I dont know if I can get to portland, spokane and Seattle (Vancouver will be impossible because Im without passport). I need help with ride and if anybody knows someone inside ten club that I can talk for me to try to pick up my tickets...thanks to all my friends that are helping me. Im lost."
    aqo2t.jpg
    11.CORDUROY
    justam wrote:

I think it depends on the show, but in general I think 12 years is a great age because they aren't too small and they are starting to mature a bit so they can last the whole time without getting tired. :)

There was a father-son pair on Stone's side just above the floor at LA2 on Sunday who were dancing the entire night. It was awesome to see how happy they both looked.

What a good memory for both of them!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • hee, hee, check it out

I was watching this with my son tonight, and "mind your manners"-the phrase--comes out of the old bunny's mouth when softly scolding the little girl...

http://youtu.be/uNdHxTN2wiM
  • My dad and I have done that--- at home! Some of my favorite memories.
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Goodmorning!
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
    12.EVEN FLOW
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    I hope they play this

When the Kingdom comes
    He puts his records on
    And with his blistered thumb hits play..~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"