Charlotte Poster - Giveaway Contest!

RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 592
edited November 2013 in The Porch
So,

To help pass on some good fortune and the generosity of members on this board I would like to help another 10 Clubber out with the Charlotte Poster!

I am going to do a drawing and will post the winner on November 8th. - - I woul like to limit the contest entrants to fans that were at the Charlotte show and DID NOT get a poster, or fans who really wanted to be at the Charlotte show but for whatever reason couldnt make it.

Tell us why you should get the Charlotte Poster (story, anecdote, plea, etc.), and choose a number b/w 1 and 1000

I will use a random number generator to select the winner.

Thank you for all that you give us Pearl Jam!

Faithfull Numbers Picked
supernaut1125 525
JB23237 143
he.who.forgets 666
Mac Dog 117
ritg19 723
JM44978 10
gobr0309 333
lolobugg 618
TookiBoot47 547
zj229377 412
bootlegger10 799
PJ51390 136
NoWay 194
JO45140 232
bhandran 116
jm257212 313
BMF2004 830
HesCalledDyer 23
sharrelson 777
JB181729 365
dfishberg 143
JTH 37
50 Foot Roman 610
Silver39 369
Washed 777
PJ1973 129
CD60467 906
jamminpearls 420
milan 212
lostalias 204
cincybearcat 11
AS263530 665
AliveinFL 130
smanchac1 31
JN53699 498
Jill-o 810
jrkemfort 899
rvmirror67 333
sheenTN 711
tragibigzanda 811

www.RANDOM.ORG Winning Number
WINNER (Closest Number) JO45140
Picked 232
Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• What a guy.

Rhinojam, nice to meet you in line waiting to get in the show. A true gentleman and a scholar.
    Memphis '00 Little Rock '03 Pensacola '12 Charlotte '13 Greenville '16 Columbia '16
  • Awesome contest. Thanks!
    Flight was delayed so we arrived too late to get a poster outside and they were sold out by the time we got in!
    Number 610

Thanks for the chance
  • PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    I did not get to got to the Charlotte (my wife's hometown!!!) show because I spent too much money on merch and accommodations for my wife and I to go to Wrigley field to celebrate our 10th anniversary! Now she saw the Charlotte poster and wants it to go in our house! That is saying a lot, she doesn't care for too many of the posters I have, so when she wants to frame one and put it up, I need to jump at this chance.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    wasn't there, so don't count me. just wanted to say good job, man! :thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the opportunity and my reason is because I couldn't make the show. Funds just weren't there, since we just bought our first house :-) (*side note-this would be very nice art for our new house)

Plus, I just love the look of the poster!

My guess # 369
    Post edited by silver39 on
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • It will look awesome in my almost 1st sons room. Thanks for the chance.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Amazing opportunity! Thank you!

I was at the show but missed out on the poster both outside (5 pm) and inside despite getting in line as soon as the doors opened at 6:30). Doh!

This was a magical show for me, though. My first in GA! I was right behind the people on the rail right in front of Mike and unfortunately had my face melted during the show. However, Eddie made it up to me by giving me a swig from his wine bottle. Funny thing is...when I was drinking the wine someone else grabbed the bottle and wine slashed all over me. Only made the dream experience better, though. I turned to the fine folks around me, raised my arms triumphantly and celebrated like hell.

The night was perfect...and if love to have the poster from that perfect night hanging on my wall!

Also, my first show was at Charlotte Memorial Stadium in '96 and I didn't get the poster...rookie mistake that I've regretted since!

My number...lucky number 777

Thanks for the opportunity!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 398
    Perhaps the only poster from the shows I went to which I liked. And having suffered through many Charlotte Hornets/Bobcats/Hornets seasons, I thought it was nice to see the mascot put to good use!

Thanks!
  • No sexy story, the wife and I on date night had to wait until we got out of work and then the baby-sitter only to get stuck in good old Charlotte traffic on 77. We went straight to the merch tables but the posters were gone. We have the poster from all but one of the shows that we've attended together and she actually lets me frame them and hang them in the house. We would love to add this one since it has a local flavor in it and all. I'll pick our anniversary for the number #906.
    Sandstone Amphitheatre - Jul 03, 1998,Saratoga Performing Arts Center - Aug 27, 2000, HSBC Arena - May 02, 2003, Mellon Arena - Apr 26, 2003, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Verizon Amphitheatre - Jun 17, 2008, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009, Quicken Loans Arena - May 09, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011

Eddie Solo 8-16-08 DC, 6-15-09 Baltimore
  • It will look awesome in my almost 1st sons room. Thanks for the chance. 420
    Go Birds!!!!
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    Thanks the chance - traveled 4000 miles from UK for 3 shows - Baltimore, CVille, Charlotte.

Was only able to get a poster for CVille.

My lucky number - 212
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • We stood in 3 different merch lines to get the poster, only to have it be sold out with just a few people in front of us. This was the first time I have ever not been able to get the poster.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Cool.

Well nothing dramatic here. Had my brother drive down into town (8 hours) to go to Charlottesville with me. Then he watched my daughter so my wife could go to Charlotte with me. Wife had to work later than we thought so we got there too late for a poster. I wanted one, but it was nicer to see the show with my wife (hasn't made it to a show with me in a while).

hippiemom = goodness
  • Thanks for the chance to win this. Grew up in Charlotte, was at the very first Hornets game years ago which is why this poster has the appeal it does. First show to attend where I was shut out of getting one. Lets go with 665. Thanks again!
  • Thanks for the opportunity.
    Being in Florida and in the military, I don't get too much convenient time off so I have to travel to shows I can get time off far. I got off at 11 am on Wednesday, grabbed a PJ virgin to make the trip with me so I didn't have to drive alone. Got to Charlotte (did not get a poster). Saw the show and immediately drove back to base. I live 45 minutes south of base so didn't have the time to make it home then back to work. Took a 2 hour nap in my car on base and was in to work on time at 730. Tired but well worth the trip. 680 miles and little to no sleep but we do what we can to see PJ. My number is 130.
    Also thanks to Porch4294(Patrick) for the great 10C seats. Sec 113 row C.
    11/17/93, 9/17/95, 10/2/96, 6/27/1998, 10/21/2000, 4/13/2003, 10/8/2004, 7/6/2006, 7/7/2006, 7/9/2006, 7/10/2006, 6/12/2008, 6/16/2008,5/20-21/2010, 9/3-9/4/2011, 9/21/12, 9/22/12, EV solo Jax 11/25-11/26, 7/19/2013, 10/30/2013
  • smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    So ironic. I received a letter from a friend this morning, and she was explaining why the poster meant so much to her, and, if I can help her get it I know she will be very excited!

Here's her story... She really deserves it, is a big fan!

Number - 31

So Charlotte 's poster was fucking incredible, and we got there early JUST for that. And I watched all 6 merch stands take the last one off the display :( :( :( it meant a lot to me personally- my boyfriend is nicknamed B, my quote on yahoo emails- from my laptop anyway, just not in sync with my tablet- is a quote from Aunt Bea (from Andy Griffith), my youngest dog Skye was Aunt Bea (Andy Griffith inspired litter names) as a tiny pup, which meant that she out of 10 littermates was meant to be mine, I got a tattoo of a bee on my wrist a couple of weeks ago, and the three bees on the poster signified my third show in a row, and my favorite number.... That's a lot of hidden meanings hahaha. So suffice it to say, I really want that poster, and didn't know if you knew any way for me to find one, besides the $175.00 one on eBay, or the guy who has one on the forums for the same price.... Are the ones bought that night the only ones in existence??? I've seen some old ones on PJ's website, but imagine those are leftovers? Any advice on getting my hands on that poster would be greatly appreciated :)

---

Thanks for the chance! The world works in weird ways sometimes!
  • So my husband bought tickets for the charlotte show way back in August for an extremely large amount. We couldn't get through the ten club pre-sale and I have family that lives in Snow Hill so it was going to be perfect. We were not only going to the show but were from Connecticut so this was also a good chance to get away. We were married just 6 months ago and had a short honeymoon so this was really something we were waiting for. When Oct. 28th came, the night we were leaving, we packed up the car, grabbed the bags, we even did a triple check of the house to make sure we had everything. It was going to be 10 to 11 hour ride. I sleep most of the way and my husband drives, we leave late to try and avoid the traffic. I fell asleep happy, I have been a huge pj fan since I was in highschool back in 1995. I have seen them probably 200 times in concert, I have met the band, got signatures from everyone and pictures with mike. I also saw them at the gourge when it was 117 degrees out. Lets just say I was, and still am, a die hard. I got woken up at 3:am to my husband saying, " Baby, please dont freak out, the car had a problem and don't get out of the car, Were on the New Jersey Pike. We never made it to the show, we spent the whole day trying to figure out how to get the car and ourselves back home. Come to find out, the timing chain went which is why the car just stopped running as my husband said happened. We were out over 700 dollars for the timing belt, close to 300 for my husband and I to get home, plus the ticket price for 2. My house is filled with posters, When I saw the poster for charlotte when i got home, I almost cried, no, honestly, I did cry. This is my life, and this is why I feel I really really need this poster.
  • My post was the previous, I forgot to add a number. its 498. im <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jnpearljam@yahoo.com">jnpearljam@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->, thx
  • Jill-oJill-o Posts: 33
    It's very awesome you are doing this!

I saw the poster on the forums before I got there and was very excited, such a cool poster!! We couldn't head to Charlotte until my husband got off work so we arrived about 5:30 and the outside merch tent was already sold out. I was bummed but figured I'd get one when we got inside. No such luck, already sold out before I even got in the door!! Super let down since I also missed out on the awesome poster from the Charlotte '96 show. Checked eBay and of course the posters are going for $100+ on there. Disgusting. I've only been to 5 PJ shows, and this poster would have been an awesome piece of memorabilia to hang on my wall.

Number 810

~Jill
  • RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 592
    Bump!
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
  • Hey! I think it's awesome that you're doing this for your fellow PJ fans. This is by FAR my favorite poster of the tour, and possibly my favorite PJ poster ever. I am a grad student studying biology and conducting research with honeybees. Any PJ poster that involves bugs, insects, or any other form of wildlife immediately grabs my attention. Because of my research interests, I immediately fell in love with this poster (even though the poster involves hornets, not technically honeybees :lol: ). Anyway, I'd love to have a chance at this poster. I attended a 3 shows on the tour (Philly 1 and 2, and Baltimore), but I live quite a ways from Charlotte so I couldn't attend. Based on the poster and setlist, I really wish I could have! This poster would look so cool hanging up in my office one day haha!

Again, thank you for being an awesome fan! I hope the poster goes to another great fan.

• rvmirror67rvmirror67 Posts: 37
    edited December 2013
    Let me preface everything with a huge THANK YOU. You, to me, are the definition of a great Pearl Jam fan. You could just as easily be flipping it on eBay for an outrageous profit. But you aren't, and that is a perfect reminder of the energy I felt all around, in Baltimore, Charlottesville, and Charlotte. LOVE.
    I was lucky enough to see Eddie solo last fall and I absolutely walked away a better person. :mrgreen: I had not seen Pearl Jam since Lollapalooza in Raleigh, in 1993. It was THE highlight of the year I was taking care of my Mom, who was dying from cancer. I was home for a bit, and the day of the show, a great friend gave me his ticket, and it BLEW MY 22 year old MIND!!! I'm from Raleigh but moved away not long after, and missed many shows - until this tour. And I knew I had to go. Odd timing, as I have been taking care of my father, who now has cancer. It's been rough, and PJ was the medicine I needed.
    So I got my tickets, took off work, and made a mini tour of it, me and my dog. We drove up from NC to Baltimore, for my first show in 20 years and it was life changing. The music, the crowd, the LOVE. I have a few great dvds, constantly watch the live ones on YouTube - and it was everything I hoped it would be. And more. It was overwhelming, and yes, I cried during Small Town, and during Man of the Hour for Lou Reed. What a crazy-emotional show....
    We then headed west to the top of Skyline Dr and took it all the way south to the Blue Ridge Pkwy, stopping midway to camp Monday night. Then finished the Drive, meeting bears, deer and cool people along the way.
    Then on to Charlottesville, and another incredible show. Once again, I had seats next to some awesome folks. The only thing that perplexed my Charlottesville show, we're the rows of people sitting down. I still don't get it.... How can anyone sit down with ALL THAT going on???
    So our last stop was Charlotte :cry: somehow- not sure if it was a tweet? - but I saw the poster, and fell in LOVE. Got there early, running to each merchandise kiosk, and smited. I almost cried watching the last one come off display, knowing, I would not be taking one home. What a bummer.... But I still had the show, and yet again, was SURROUNDED by incredible fans, the LOVE and lyrics flowed like Eddie's wine hahaha Another great show, and a great way to wrap it up (if I had to, which unfortunately, I did).
    I will never forget what I brought home with me, on my trip, and having those three Hornets around that hive, to remind me of those three astounding nights, would be the icing on the cake. Don't NEED icing, but it sure makes a cake better, eh?
    My number? 333
    in honor of my lucky number being 3- it IS a magic number, cause Schoolhouse Rock taught me that on Saturday mornings in the 70's - and like the 3 magic hornets on the poster!
    There may be WAY too much story to my story, and WAY too much LOVE in my post. I blame it on the post Pearl Jam GLOW :mrgreen:
    Post edited by rvmirror67 on

1992-8-18 Lollapalooza, Raleigh NC
    2012-11-24 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2012-11-25 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2013-10-27 Baltimore MD
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville VA
    2013-10-30 Charlotte NC
    2013=making up for lost time

[/img]
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Bump for a generous giveaway!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • sheenTNsheenTN Posts: 163
    What a generous offer indeed!! October 30th began so well for me as my daughter's day care had a hay ride for her first Halloween so as I embarked from Knoxville my spirits were sky high. Upon arrival, I found a room, grabbed a bite to eat and started touching base with friends from high school I haven't seen in almost twenty years to meet up before the show. As I headed to the outside merch tent at 4:30ish I saw a stack of posters and relaxed, but it was short lived. It seemed all in front were buying 2 at a time, and as I made my way up to the 4th in line BOOM! They gone. Noworries, I'll just bust it to a merch table inside, right? Unknown to me at the time was that my arch nemesis would head me off not once, not twice, but thrice!! Who you ask? The dreaded T Shirt examiner. ARGGHH!!! I understand the need to see if a shirt fits, but I'm pretty sure that the red Medium is the same size as the white Medium. Each time I made it to about 2nd or 3rd in line as both display posters came down, and my night was all of a sudden not so joyous. I have a poster from every PJ show I've attended so this one hurt. But two things cheered me up- one was realizing I was two rows behind former WWE wrestlers Matt and Jeff Hardy, which was entertaining not because of the celebrity factor but the anticipation of one too many drunks stumbling into their girlfriends and having soooooo many steel chairs right at their disposal. One can only hope, right? Second was when the band kicked into to Low Light, and realizing that my best friend from seventh grade whom I had not seen since 2001 and I were about to see our first concert together since 1994, and what better band to bring us back together to act like kids again than PJ. So thanks again for the giveaway and thank you for sharing your extra poster instead of profiting. I'll go with 711.
    Knoxville '98, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh 2003, Nashville 2003, Asheville 2004, Bonnaroo 2008, Columbia 2008, EV The Ryman 1&2 2009, Alpine Valley 1&2 2011, Charlotte 2013, Columbia 2016, Lexington 2016, Bonnaroo 2016
  • Here goes nuthin'...

First off, 11/8 is my birthday -- I'll be 33 tomorrow, and have been a hardcore fan since I was 12!
    My gal and I could not afford to make the show in her home state of NC; with me returning to school, and her splitting her time between MA and NY for work, we could only afford Worcestor 1.
    On top of that, "Bee" is our mutual pet name for each other (sorry to gross any of you out). Together, we are the "Bee's Knees," and we have a few other bee-related items around the house as part of our inside joke.
    I'll pick #811.
    Best of luck to everyone!
  • RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 592
    Winner:

www.RANDOM.ORG Winning Number
    WINNER (Closest Number) JO45140
    Picked 232
  • Thanks so much for doing that, what a nice way to share the love we ALL faithfully share for Pearl Jam :mrgreen:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

1992-8-18 Lollapalooza, Raleigh NC
    2012-11-24 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2012-11-25 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2013-10-27 Baltimore MD
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville VA
    2013-10-30 Charlotte NC
    2013=making up for lost time

[/img]
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 398
    Damn, I lost :(

Actually, that's irrelevant - this was a very, very cool thing to do, so I'm not disappointed. You're a very generous fan.
    :D:D:D