Options

Upcoming Dallas show

CP81569CP81569 Posts: 2
edited November 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
I have an open request of the band for the Dallas show on behalf of myself and those who are going with me who have the same opinion. We know all the guys in the band have an opinion on politics and honestly none of us really care what you have to say about politics. You are coming to the new hometown of George W and we ask that you not bring him up or anything political speeches at all. He is an old grandfather now that just wants to be left the fuck alone. We are there to hear the songs and not anything from a soapbox. Also please do not play bushleaguer, the only song you guys have ever made that most everyone thinks sucks.
Thank you,
A loyal ten club member and fan since the beginning.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Masters of war.
  • Options
    Thanks, Jeb. :corn:
    "I'd like to thank all you mother fuckers. All you mother fuckers..." EV-10/03/05
  • Options
    They can and will say whatever they want. If you're really there for the music then you'll let it go.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    just old cuddly grandpa responsible for over a million deaths.
  • Options
    And I think you're mistaking Bushleaguer for Evacuation
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    As a Dallasite, I would like the band to play whatever they want and say what they like. Plenty of fans, self included, agree with their political views. Yes, even Texans. That said, Bushleaguer isn't much of a song or timely, and I'd just as soon hear another song as opposed to that one ;)
  • Options
    So you are using your freedom of speech to encourage others not to do the same thing? That's interesting and quite ironic. I certainly do not agree with all the views of the band nor should I. However, I do respect the fervor with which they express themselves. Standing for things one believes should be admired whether you agree with their ideals or not. If the members of the band were milquetoast in their spirit, they wouldn't still be around as a band. I strongly feel that one of their driving forces is keeping the forum to share their views.

About five years ago, I had a buddy who once admonished the band, and especially Eddie, because of the "soapbox" of which you also speak. "They just need to shut up and play the songs," he said. I asked him why he didn't coach the youth football, basketball, and baseball teams any longer. He replied that his kids were no longer of the age to play on such teams. I said that shouldn't make any difference -- wasn't he good at it? Didn't he enjoy it? He replied that he was really good at it and did enjoy it but it just took far too much time. I asked him, "So you weren't motivated enough to continue doing it after your boys couldn't play on the teams any longer?" He said that was exactly the reason. I let that sink it for a moment and then I said, "Don't you think that the ability to share their views could be at least a small part of the driving force that has helped them stay together all these years? If you took that away from them, maybe they don't have quite the same motivation to continue the rigors of the music scene, touring, fame, etc. I'm sure that they aren't doing it to put food on their tables any longer. There's a reason that other bands don't have this long of a life span." I took his slack-jawed look as a clue that I might have stumped him with that analogy.

CP81569, do you even listen to the songs they produce? Or do you just hate Bu$hleaguer because it has "Bush" in the name? Many, many of their songs are politically based. I suggest you give the songs a real listen.

Sometimes folks just don't apply logic, reasoning, and good ol' common sense to a situation before they convey their thoughts. CP81569, I suggest you give your brain about a "ten Mississippi" before you open your mouth or move your fingers on the keyboard with such a thought like the one above. If you still want to respond in such a manner after that thoughtful pause, feel free to do so. That's what freedom of speech is all about.
  • Options
    Pretty demanding of artists you've been a fan of "since the beginning." How about you let them feel however they feel and express whatever artistic statement they like. I think they've earned the right.
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    anez_98anez_98 Posts: 158
    I agree. I hope the band comes out and acts like robots on the stage and just plays the hits and do nothing to connect with fans.

Ps - hey pearl jam,please play bushleaguer in dallas!