Options

Charlotte Request from Wyatt (now age 12)

huck_5huck_5 Posts: 80
edited October 2013 in The Porch
Five short years ago, my wife and I took our son, then age 7 to his first Pearl Jam concert in Columbia, South Carolina. Tonight is PJ concert number two for my rapidly growing up little man.

Wyatt had worked for hours to make the following sign, only to have a very grumpy security guard yell at us for the thought of bringing a sign to a concert. Luckily, I did not get arrested, and we enjoyed the concert, until the little guy got sick half way through it. Not a good time to come down with a virus. He was in the bathroom stall when PJ played "Off He Goes" - and I hear the sweetest voice say "daddy, this is your favorite song, so sorry I ruined your night." You didn't ruin my night little buddy. After spending 30 minutes in the bathroom, it was back to the hotel.

0615082335-794730.jpg

We had documented our trip, as a virtual scrapbook, and even got our 10Clubs own "Kstrummer" a few bags, and shipped them to England, if I recall his location.
http://touringfamily2008.blogspot.com/2008/06/getting-ready.html

Below is an email that I got from Wyatt this morning. We've been talking about what songs they will play tonight, guessing what the first song will be (his is "Porch" and mine is "Pendulum"), what the poster may look like, etc. He is excited. I told him I would post his song request, and at least we will not be yelled at on the forum! We'll be sitting in the 10Club reserved seating, thought that would be safer than GA. Best of luck to those traveling to the show tonight in Charlotte, stay safe, and see you soon.

________________Start email______________________________

I am twelve years old and I grew up listening to Pearl Jam. I have so many favorite songs but two of my most favorite are "Porch" and "Sirens". I've been doing great in school and as a reward my dad is checking me out early to head to the concert. I have been looking forward to this concert for months! This is my 2nd Pearl Jam concert, and I saw Eddie Vedder on tour when I lived in Phoenix. I have only ever been to Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder concerts! I'm wearing my "Eddie Vedder US Tour 2012" shirt today. Can't wait for the show!

Your biggest fan,
Wyatt Huckaby

4ee6a2a1-d404-4472-8ef3-256759ab2059_zps660b5435.jpg
Knoxville, TN '98 | Nashville, TN '03 | Columbia, SC '08 | EV - Nashville, TN '09 | EV - Phoenix, AZ '12 | Charlotte, NC '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    Right on Wyatt !
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Awesome work Dad!

Lets make it happen for Wyatt! Porch and Sirens!!!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    We were at the Columbia show and will be at the show tonight... Wyatt I hope they play your favorite songs! You have an amazing time... Pearl Jam is lucky to have such an awesome fan! :D
  • Options
    Thanks Nami, The Look, and CanuckPJGirl. I will show him your good wishes when I check him out of school.
    Knoxville, TN '98 | Nashville, TN '03 | Columbia, SC '08 | EV - Nashville, TN '09 | EV - Phoenix, AZ '12 | Charlotte, NC '13
  • Options
    Heading to check out of school bump... :D
  • Options
    Hey this Wyatt just got checked out of school! I'm juiced!!!!! :corn:
  • Options
    huck_5 wrote:
    Hey this Wyatt just got checked out of school! I'm juiced!!!!! :corn:

Have fun tonight Wyatt! PJ is the best show on earth!

I hope you get the songs you wanna hear but either way you will have a blast!

Cant wait to take my son when he gets old enough, only 4 there now, but im sure we'll be sharing awesome memories like you guys in the years to come.

Be safe!
    Cory
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    thats a nice story and a cute kid however I must confess how I am anti-kids at shows.

its an adult environment with adult behavior taking place.

please don't force yours kids to come to something you like.

no I will not watch my language or behavior for the sake of your child.

cheers
  • Options
    he's too old to get preferential treatment from the band

bring a younger kid and you have a chance
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    MyFathersSonMyFathersSon Chicago, IL Posts: 114
    I hope you get your songs Wyatt!!!!

Good Job Dad!!

Have fun tonight kid!
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Hey Wyatt,

I'm Tom and I'm a PJ fan from England.

Porch is one of my absolute favourite songs and I really hope they play it tonight and you also get Sirens.

Have a great time at the show,

Tom
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    After hearing "Porch," Wyatt turned to me and said "that was freakin' awesome." :lol:
  • Options
    huck_5 wrote:
    After hearing "Porch," Wyatt turned to me and said "that was freakin' awesome." :lol:

Awesome!

:D
  • Options
    I thought of Wyatt when they played Porch :) glad he enjoyed it! It's pretty special to see Pearl Jam live...they are a special group of guys!
  • Options
    Rock on Wyatt ! Hope you have a great time at the concert ! ! ! :clap:

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011