Options

Come Back/Inside Job live

igotporchigotporch Posts: 9
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
How are these songs sounding live so far? Seem like it would be difficult to duplicate the studio sound to both of them....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    whatevermanwhateverman Posts: 71
    igotporch wrote:
    How are these songs sounding live so far? Seem like it would be difficult to duplicate the studio sound to both of them....
    "Come Back" on the Albany boot didn't come off that well, havn't bought any others yet
    Rapid City 98
  • Options
    come back in albany was great, i dont know what people are complaining about. it was far better than the cd version and made me love the song even more. have no heard inside job yet.
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    They both sound great live. Inside Job is played with an electric guitar instead of acoustic like on the album.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    come back in albany was great, i dont know what people are complaining about. it was far better than the cd version and made me love the song even more. have no heard inside job yet.

totally agree. the "i'll be hear... come back" part in albaly was just... fantastic
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall
  • Options
    saw both during the chicago shows...and both were fantastic. sounded great live.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • Options
    YoyomaYoyoma Posts: 20
    Inside Job at Cleveland sounded fantastic. Sounded very clean. I was really hoping for Comeback, but we got Black instead.

On a separate note, I was very impressed with Unemployable live. That is one of those songs that sounds much better than the studio version. It was the best sounding of the songs from Avocado.
    'If you follow every dream, you might get lost' - N.Y.
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    igotporch wrote:

absolutley stunningly beautiful! (Toronto)

I was really hoping to hear inside job - to me this tour was all about hearing the new songs

it's epic, it just rises and brings you up with it

"let me run into the rain, to be a human light again"

just the rush or emotion that line evokes - you want to do it, and stomp a puddle while you're at it

comeback was full of passion and focused energy - you know that look ed gets when he's singing like his eyeballs are shaking and there's something inside him that is just going to burst? - well you feel that during comeback

it's like the song is almost to big to be inside of him

I think we all sang it back to him too - it's just one of those songs that has an instant place in your life

I hope you all get to here them live

as for vs the studio version? - I love live, an album's great but music should have presence - to me it's not just aural, it's tactile
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    mozman88mozman88 Posts: 38
    I'd say both are better live than on the album. But then again, I think that of 90% of PJ's songs.

2000 - Indianapolis(8/18)
    2003 - Champaign(4/23), Indianapolis(6/22),
    Columbus(6/24), Hershey(7/12)
    2006 - Chicago (5/16), Chicago (5/17), Cincinnati (6/24)
    2007 - Vic -Chicago (8/2), Lollapalooza - Chicago (8/5)
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    Of course they are better live because they are right in front of you singing it - Come Back was awesome in Albany but Inside Job just blew me AWAY in hartford - just beautiful, words cant describe, i think i cried during the whole song, couldnt help it!!!!
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    RomanzaRomanza Posts: 115
    Inside Job is an instant concert masterpiece, in my opinion.

Come Back isn't there yet.

My opinion on concert masterpiece's (you know, the one that takes you some place else).

Anything from Ten
    Vs: Indifference, RVM
    Vitalogy: ??, Corduroy if it wasn't played so often, maybe Immortality
    No Code: Present Tense
    Yield: Do The Evolution
    Binaural: ??
    Riot Act: ??
    PJ: Inside Job ALREADY!!!!!

Others on my list: HTI, Breath, Crown, and any song with the houselights on....even YL

"This feeling is wonderful...don't you ever turn it off."
    -JJ
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    saw both during the chicago shows...and both were fantastic. sounded great live.

took the words right out of my mouth. great live songs. if you havnt heard yet, this band is really good.
  • Options
    youareyoursyouareyours Posts: 52
    I thought Inside Job was one of the best songs at Hartford last weekend. Not sure what exactly it was about it, but it just instantly made an impression on me and it's been a steady play on my Ipod ever since...
    9/28/96 NY - TFC 6/14/98 DC - 8/28-29/98 NJ - 9/11/98 NYC - 9/13/98 CT - 9/15/98 MA - 8/23-24-25/00 NY - 8/29-30/00 MA - 9/1-2/00 NJ - 7/8-9/03 NYC - 7/11/03 MA - 9/28-29/04 MA - VFC 10/1/04 PA - 9/16/05 CAD - 9/30/05 NJ - 5/13/06 CT - 5/24-25/06 MA - 6/3/06 NJ - 6/27/08 CT - 6/28-30/08 MA - EV 8/4/08 NY - 5/17/10 MA - EV 6/15/11 RI - PJ20 9/2-3/11 WI - MIA 9/3/12 PA - 10/11/13 PA - 10/21-22/13 PA - GCF 9/26/15 NY
  • Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    actually i think both are better on the cd. they will get better with time though. Band doesnt hit them out of th park though.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    DreamsellerDreamseller Posts: 35
    both were amazing in Toronto!! And that was the first time Inside Job was played