Options

Yellow Moon/Acoustic #1

StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
edited October 2013 in The Porch
I can't be the only one to see the amazing similarities? The intro bit from YM is exactly the same as the 'chorus'y type bit in Acoustic #1 from PJ20 ST.

It's like this song was conceived/written 22years ago!

Disclaimer: I apologise if this has been already discussed, I'm on an iPhone and I tried to search but I'm struggling just typing this! :lol:
"I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Wow, I guess I am the only one!
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 778
    edited October 2013
    Post edited by UmphreysJam34 on
  • Options
    cojobocojobo Ontario Posts: 299
    Similar strumming and timing for sure :). May be different chords (or just really more polished on the new album) but I will confirm you are no longer the only one who thinks thins :)
    Halifax '05, Toronto '09, Toronto 2 '11, Hamilton '11, London '13, Chicago '13. Buffalo '13 , Leeds '14, Detroit '14, New York (GCF) '15, Ottawa '16, Toronto 1 '16, Toronto 2 '16
  • Options
    MASMAS Posts: 628
    Yellow Moon sucks balls. The song never picks up or goes anywhere. A total drag on the album

When i heard it live last night it put me in a surreal type trance and i was stunned by how great it was....give it another chance!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Two completely diff songs.
    Both are amazing.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    Yellow Moon sucks balls. The song never picks up or goes anywhere. A total drag on the album

Quality trolling.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Yes, cause Yellow Moon is the drag of a song out of all the ones on that album.... :lol:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    maki_jmaki_j Posts: 70

Seriously?!? YM is one of maybe 3 songs on the album that ARE NOT crap. You need to get your ears checked! I am sure it will be even more majestic live. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Both are amazing.

I should clarify that I'm not talking about the vocals or anything, just the guitar.
  • Options
    Oh and I think YM is amazing also! :D
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,407
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    I can't be the only one to see the amazing similarities? The intro bit from YM is exactly the same as the 'chorus'y type bit in Acoustic #1 from PJ20 ST.

It's like this song was conceived/written 22years ago!

Disclaimer: I apologise if this has been already discussed, I'm on an iPhone and I tried to search but I'm struggling just typing this! :lol:

I did. I think I posted it in the review thread
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

You're a total drag!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    Both are amazing.

I should clarify that I'm not talking about the vocals or anything, just the guitar.

Not hearing it. Sorry! Totally different strumming pattern, key, structure.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    foxkids4foxkids4 Cedar Rapids, IA Posts: 49
    Listen to a live version of the track...it translates amazingly live. Last night in Brooklyn it sounded awesome. Don't give up on it, man. :)
    2013: Wrigley and Brooklyn 1 & 2
    2014: St. Louis, Moline and St. Paul
    2016: Philly 1 and 2
  • Options
    Yellow Moon is my favorite song off Lightning Bolt.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    the similarity is vague at best