Options

Future Days as a Wedding Song

UNH1995UNH1995 Worcester Posts: 356
edited October 2013 in The Porch
My sister is using Future Days as her first dance song with her new husband in a couple of weeks.

It's her 3rd marriage, Let's hope this one goes better than the first two. It's a pretty good song for people who've been divorced or had troubles earlier in life.

She's used Sade and Ann Murray for the first two, so I'm banking that PJ will do the trick!

If I ever were to lose you
I'd surely lose myself

Everything I have found dear
I've not found by myself

Try and sometimes you'll succeed
To make this man of me

All my stolen missing parts
I've no need for anymore

I believe
And I believe cause I can see
Our future days
Days of you and me

Back when I was feeling broken
I focused on a prayer

You came deep as any ocean
Did something out there hear?

All the complexities and games
No one wins but somehow they're still played

All the missing crooked hearts
They may die but in us they live on

I believe
Our future days
Days of you and me

When hurricanes and cyclones raged
When winds turned dirt to dust
When floods they came or tides they raised
Ever closer became us

All the promises at sundown
I've meant them like the rest

All the demons used to come round
I'm grateful now they've left

So persistent in my ways
Hey Angel I am here to stay
No resistance, no alarms
Please, this is just too good to be gone

I believe
Our future days
Days of you an me
You and me
Days

You and me
Lalapalooza 1992, Orphium Boston 1994, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1998, Mansfield 2000, Mansfield 2003(1&3), West Palm 2003, State College 2003, Boston 2004, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Chicago 2006, Boston 2006, Mansfield 2008(1&2), Hartford 2008, Hartford 2010, Boston 2010, Worcester 2013 (1&2), All Four Fenway shows 2016 & 2018.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Its funny you should mention this.
    My wife and I got married last year and I've been promising to edit our wedding footage in the time since!

We wanted a Pearl Jam song but never found one which quite fit. Then bang - This comes out and she loves it.
    Its been worth the wait!
  • Options
    Perfect timing.
    Great to get PJ involved!

Longroad is a great funeral song, but Future Days is a great wedding song.
    Lalapalooza 1992, Orphium Boston 1994, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1998, Mansfield 2000, Mansfield 2003(1&3), West Palm 2003, State College 2003, Boston 2004, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Chicago 2006, Boston 2006, Mansfield 2008(1&2), Hartford 2008, Hartford 2010, Boston 2010, Worcester 2013 (1&2), All Four Fenway shows 2016 & 2018.
  • Options
    mr.macmr.mac Posts: 162
    It's funny that for all the people who "hate" this song that this is the 3rd or 4th time I have seen someone say they, or someone they know, will be using this as their wedding song. This is an absolutely beautiful and heartfelt song that I can happilly say is one of my favorite songs in the world at the moment. Add me to the list of people who will be using this as their first dance.
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    A buudy of mine is getting married next May and when we saw this in Bufalo he was immediatly sold. He then played it for his fiance and she was sold as well.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I might know people with sound editing programs if they want the piano removed. :lol: oh wait, its a wedding, perfecto!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    We all can't love every song.
    And some of the songs we LOVE with all OUR HEART are songs that sound like fingers on a chalkboard for others.

It's just the way it is.

For me right now, I just can't take the Father's Son song....

BUT...back in the day, I HATED I've Got Shit, and after years of hearing it and the emotion of it and seeing it played live, I LOVE THIS SONG....

So, maybe the father son song will grow on me
    but if not, who cares? Others may LOVE that song, and I am happy for them!

Future Days is a wonderful song, but I totally see where it would be a song certain people could not relate to.

The magic of this band is the variety that we have. We have so much to choose from, there will be plenty of things we LOVE and we can endure some of the songs we aren't crazy about!
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    I'm planning on using it as our first dance song for our wedding next October. :D
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    jeff2040 wrote:
    I'm planning on using it as our first dance song for our wedding next October. :D

Same here, in February
  • Options
    UNH1995 wrote:
    Perfect timing.
    Great to get PJ involved!

Longroad is a great funeral song, but Future Days is a great wedding song.

She originally wanted Long Road!!! Its her favourite track.
    She was late to the PJ game and has been playing catch up since. She'd not realised it was about death and I think she thought The Long Road could have meant 'the future'.......
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:
    jeff2040 wrote:

Same here, in February

It will be part of our wedding as well!!
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168
    Just used it at my wedding. It was a great song for the occasion and everyone loved it.
  • Options
    CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    Getting married in June and its going to be our first dance song. My friend introduced me to my wife to be.... one day she said " I work with a girl who loves Pearl Jam " I met her and the rest is history....haha
    ctd