Options

Desperately ISO Tragically Hip Day for Night LP

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
edited October 2013 in Lost Dogs
Anyone? :) I badly want The Tragically Hip's Day for Night on vinyl, and am hoping someone has a copy that's in good shape (at worst plays perfectly, no scratches, jacket in good shape) but never listens to it, so is willing to sell so that it goes to a home where it will be played regularly and with joy. :) This album has a lot of personal meaning for me, and I'm really hoping it pops up somewhere. Thank you! :wave:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXCQrp8TK71HacwnQJRhiV-Kcmc6EJk-Xn1g1H09IA7rcjQQegCg
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    Its on the bay
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    lando wrote:
    Its on the bay
    I know. There is a big ass scratch on one side that clicks when the needle crosses it. That's why the bidding price is still so low. But thank you for checking! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bump for a great album!!!
  • Options
    J-Dawg76 wrote:
    bump for a great album!!!
    It really is! Thanks bump. :)
  • Options
    bUMP!
  • Options
    Aren't they in the midst of re-releasing the Hip discography??
    "Believe in lies... to get by..."
  • Options
    Ayeeee wrote:
    Aren't they in the midst of re-releasing the Hip discography??
    Well, I think in same way PJ is... I am not that patient. :lol: And also, for this particular record I wouldn't want a reissue if they split it between 2 LPs (which is how almost all reissues are done unfortunately). But thanks! I will definitely do some digging and see if there is any actual info about this album's future reissue. :)
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    I emailed music on vinyl and specifically asked if Fully Completly and Day for Night would be reissued and they replied not any time soon but keep watching their site. Who know but it sure would be nice. I have road apples and up to here reissued and they're both single Lps.
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    lando wrote:
    I have road apples and up to here reissued and they're both single Lps.
    That is great to hear! I just ordered both last week and they should arrive soon. :)
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lando wrote:
    I have road apples and up to here reissued and they're both single Lps.
    That is great to hear! I just ordered both last week and they should arrive soon. :)
    And they both sound amazing. Love the Music on Vinyl releases, great quality vinyl.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lando wrote:
    Its on the bay
    I know. There is a big ass scratch on one side that clicks when the needle crosses it. That's why the bidding price is still so low. But thank you for checking! :)

How much does a mint copy go for?!? Jesus
    "Believe in lies... to get by..."
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Grace Too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGiFqAyg188

Nautical Disaster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Fi46BFAF0

Scared: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDAEMJ4KhRk

I can hear it all in my head, spinning on a turntable, through a brilliant set of speakers, whisking me away to a dreamland of beautiful images, leaving me with euphoric feelings of happiness and truth.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    Ayeeee wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lando wrote:
    Its on the bay

How much does a mint copy go for?!? Jesus
    Well since there isn't a copy for sale on the internet right now, and the only one I've seen sold lately was a scratched copy (that went for $109), I'm not completely sure, but going off of the scratched selling price on ebay, I'm thinking that $225 is probably a fair price for a good copy right now??
  • Options
    evsgjamm wrote:
    Grace Too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGiFqAyg188

Nautical Disaster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Fi46BFAF0

Scared: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDAEMJ4KhRk

I can hear it all in my head, spinning on a turntable, through a brilliant set of speakers, whisking me away to a dreamland of beautiful images, leaving me with euphoric feelings of happiness and truth.
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    :wave:

Someone somewhere in the world must be willing to part with this record. :)
  • Options
    Saturday bump. :wave:
  • Options
    Breaking Bad finale bump! :)
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    Friday hurray bump!
  • Options
    Bump for Lightning Bolt being awesome! :D
  • Options
    New turntable up and and running bump! Now I just need to get and spin Day For Night on it. :)
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 269
    This will definitely be reissued soon enough. You're better off just saving your money and listen to the Cd until it's re-released.

FWIW, I have both original and reissue of Up to Here and the reissue is superior. And I typically favour original pressings. MOV does a great job!
  • Options
    southp wrote:
    This will definitely be reissued soon enough. You're better off just saving your money and listen to the Cd until it's re-released.

FWIW, I have both original and reissue of Up to Here and the reissue is superior. And I typically favour original pressings. MOV does a great job!
    I was just listening to the MOV reissue of Road Apples last night... they do sound great.
    :think: You are absolutely right - I should have more patience and just wait for the reissue... but what if it doesn't come for a couple of years or something?? I don't think I can wait that long! ... Yes, I have issues. :lol: :fp:
  • Options
    :corn:
  • Options
    :wave:
  • Options
    Funny place for this post.

I may be able to help. I'm looking for a Vault 3 on vinyl, so maybe we could work something out.

Oh, and not so sure on the judgement of early pressings sound wise. I think the sound on Up to here was pretty awesome on the original. Perhaps better on the German press. But I digress...
  • Options
    Funny place for this post.

I may be able to help. I'm looking for a Vault 3 on vinyl, so maybe we could work something out.

Oh, and not so sure on the judgement of early pressings sound wise. I think the sound on Up to here was pretty awesome on the original. Perhaps better on the German press. But I digress...