*** Buffalo Fanviews Here 10/12/13 ***

Comments

• stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    Ten Club seats were great, 7 rows up in 117, I can't complain.

As for the performance, they were definitely off, miscues, stoppages, and that little break in the first set was most likely them giving their heads a shake and saying f**k the mistakes, let's do this b*tch, for the fans! Because after that, they were pretty awesome...Set list, for me, was a little up and down, no real flow. It was a treat to hear Sometimes, Rats and Baba.

The crowd was awesome except for the new songs...Come on people, the band had it streaming for about a week and a half FOR FREE, so there's no excuse for not knowing the new music and jamming along with them. Mind your Manners, Lightning Bolt and Pendulum were awesome, and even better live!

My third time this year, but I have to say it ranks in at number 3 for me. London was probably the best show I've been to hands down (out of the 15) and Wrigley was special and I will always have stories to tell about that night.

If rumours are true and they do a Canadian tour, I will be a very happy fan and hopefully they can pull their sh*t together to make this one of their best tours ever!

BTW, the new album is phenomenal, so glad they played most of it in Buffalo!.

Can't wait til the next one!
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    SF11987 wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    What was the GA line-up/door/early-entrance/designated entrance situation like??

So I showed up late to pick up my GA tickets and wristbands. At that time there was already a lineup of about 50-70 people right beside the Will Call window. I asked the security guy if this was the GA standing area and he said yes. I also asked if that line got in earlier than the other gates and he said, "no, they all get in at the same time". Hmm. That's what happened in Pittsburgh.

So a buddy and I decided to go have a beer rather than line up. We went to one of the pre-show parties and had a drink, and then went for a walk around the arena. On the walk, we ran into someone we knew at the back of the arena who had just spotted Mike McCready! He had been out chatting with fans.

We continued around the arena and found ANOTHER much shorter line to get in on the West side of the arena. As someone else already commented it was hidden away by all the construction outside. It was only about 15-20 people deep when we got into line at 5:30 pm.

Doors opened at 6:05 pm to the NEXT lineup inside the building. They had about 8 rope gates where lines formed. We were about 4th in line in our rope gate.

At 6:30 they opened those gates and there was mass confusion. Security guy number 1 wanted to scan your ticket. About 10 yards further up, Security guy #2 wanted to mark your ticket with a Sharpie. And then 5 yards further up they wanted to see your wristband. If you hadn't completed all the steps properly they gave you a different wristband. It was weird.

After all that I ended up about 4 rows deep on McCready's side where we proceeded to stand for the next 90 minutes. I think that was a pretty good result for getting into line at 5:30 pm. My advice to you - familiarize yourself with your surroundings and don't be a sheep.

Your Buffalo story was my exact story for Pitts.

In Buffalo I luckily got the rail between Ed and Jeff but that was utter craziness that they brought ppl in to form 8 lines that all got released into that hallway at the same time. I was first in line at the scanning line, didn't get my stub X, didn't get a wristband, that whole ordeal was just nuts.
  • Kricket wrote:
    SF11987 wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    What was the GA line-up/door/early-entrance/designated entrance situation like??

So I showed up late to pick up my GA tickets and wristbands. At that time there was already a lineup of about 50-70 people right beside the Will Call window. I asked the security guy if this was the GA standing area and he said yes. I also asked if that line got in earlier than the other gates and he said, "no, they all get in at the same time". Hmm. That's what happened in Pittsburgh.

So a buddy and I decided to go have a beer rather than line up. We went to one of the pre-show parties and had a drink, and then went for a walk around the arena. On the walk, we ran into someone we knew at the back of the arena who had just spotted Mike McCready! He had been out chatting with fans.

We continued around the arena and found ANOTHER much shorter line to get in on the West side of the arena. As someone else already commented it was hidden away by all the construction outside. It was only about 15-20 people deep when we got into line at 5:30 pm.

Doors opened at 6:05 pm to the NEXT lineup inside the building. They had about 8 rope gates where lines formed. We were about 4th in line in our rope gate.

At 6:30 they opened those gates and there was mass confusion. Security guy number 1 wanted to scan your ticket. About 10 yards further up, Security guy #2 wanted to mark your ticket with a Sharpie. And then 5 yards further up they wanted to see your wristband. If you hadn't completed all the steps properly they gave you a different wristband. It was weird.

After all that I ended up about 4 rows deep on McCready's side where we proceeded to stand for the next 90 minutes. I think that was a pretty good result for getting into line at 5:30 pm. My advice to you - familiarize yourself with your surroundings and don't be a sheep.

Your Buffalo story was my exact story for Pitts.

In Buffalo I luckily got the rail between Ed and Jeff but that was utter craziness that they brought ppl in to form 8 lines that all got released into that hallway at the same time. I was first in line at the scanning line, didn't get my stub X, didn't get a wristband, that whole ordeal was just nuts.

First Niagara fucked this one up badly, and even though I got to stand right in front of Eddie, and he gave me a pick, and a tambourine, and thumped his chest when he saw my stickman tattoo, it's all because I got lucky. There were two people from Kentucky that got to the arena at SIX AM and they ended up three lines back on Mike's side. What a fucking shitstorm. They were the nicest people, and I spent all morning talking to them, and people that lined up at 5:30 were against the rail, and they weren't. It was a life-changing night for me, and there were people outside of the venue who were coming up to me and saying, "hey, you're front row guy," but everyone I was standing with for the full twelve hours before the show so we could be against the rail were some of the nicest people I've ever met, and some of them waited all that time for nothing. First Niagara Arena security staff is braindead, and someone really could have gotten injured in the clusterfuck that was getting in the arena. Things worked out for me, but those people from Kentucky deserved to have things work out for them as well, and it didn't because the arena was too incompetent to stick to a simple, pragmatic plan. I'm calling the arena today during my lunch break, and even though I know there will be no repercussions for those who let that madness happen last night, someone needs to complain. When you line people up in eight rows and essentially encourage them to compete with everyone they're looking at, that's how people die. People have been trampled to death at concerts before, and we're honestly lucky that didn't happen in Buffalo. I don't think I could be more euphoric and livid at the same time, but that's where I'm at today. If anyone from the 8 a.m. GA line is reading this, it really was the biggest honor to get to know all of you and spend my day with you.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    ...were you the guy in the red shirt and dark hair singing his lungs out all night?
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    GD274660 wrote:

After Buffalo and Pittsburgh I will say the band was better overall in Pittsburgh, but the crowd was better in Buffalo.
    i think it depends of where you were, and people around you....

four us, the crowd was kinda boring in Buffalo. At least around us.
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • spacekaddettespacekaddette Posts: 41
    edited October 2020

Post edited by Sea on
    2003 - Buffalo
    2008 - Hartford, Mansfield I, Toronto I (EV Solo)
    2010 - Buffalo
    2013 - Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II
    2014 - St. Paul, Milwaukee, Denver
    2015 - Buenos Aires, Mexico City
    2016 - New York I, New York II
  • guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    Amazing night. Great crowd and really enjoyed the setlist. I was surprised by how well Pendulum worked as an opener. Anyone else see the idiot w/ the light up sign in the crowd? Some night club / electronic music website he was promoting. Was distracting at times ....but thankfully he wasnt RIGHT by us. I saw someone grab the sign from him at one point but somehow he got it back.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • GD274660 wrote:
    ...were you the guy in the red shirt and dark hair singing his lungs out all night?

Guilty. Guess everyone saw it then?
  • GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    GD274660 wrote:

You were awesome! They had you more than a few times on the big screen. Could tell you knew the lyrics to the new songs already. Good for you, sir. Very well done. :)
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    edited October 2020
    Show number 23 for me.

Quite frankly, I was disappointed. Average show for pearl jam. I do think playing 9 new songs subdued a crowd that was ready to rock. I thought when sometimes was played 3rd, "this could be an interesting night." Oh well. Onto Worcester.

I felt the same way....there was no flow to the set list, but my biggest complaint was their sound, which would seem to fall on their crew's shoulders. Being my 27th show and 3rd at that arena in Buffalo, I can't remember ever hearing such a muddied sound overall. I still enjoyed the show...the band was certainly into it and the crowd seemed to be as well at times. Just a very strange show overall, and a forgettable one for me. It's going to be hard to get people on board with the new songs if they either play too many of them each night and it disrupts the flow, or we can't hear them clearly enough! The latter being more important, obviously.

At first I thought it was all in my head until I started talking with a lot of other fans who felt that way. And for the record, I dig the new album, so this is by no means a veiled shot at the band or the album. With that being said, fix the f***ing sound. The crew gets an F for this show.

Just to end on a more positive note, how great is present tense live?
    Post edited by Sea on
  • ninjadaveninjadave Jtown PA Posts: 128
    different feel this night, we had PIT in Pgh and this night, shut out of 10C so we got 119 - 11 rows up which is about 3/4 way back on the side (stones). the sound was great during the quiet stuff and more mid tempo but when they cranked it, couldn't hear Ed, esp at the end of RVM, could hear nothing, but i don't think anyone could....actually it was only a handful of songs that did not sound right...most of them were ok....

the crowd around us was fairly tame, pretty hard to compare being 20 yards on the floor with diehard PJ fans and being back of the building basically but it is what it is...still a very good show, DTE so soon in the set, i think threw a lot of folks off, didn't get the reaction it usually does....

My Fathers son needs some work...it will get better...the other new stuff sounded great....very tight. they are going to play more new ones having another 20 min or so to play than a normal show....at least with these shows where no opener....gotta live with it. the new stuff will grow, esp when the album is released finally....

great show overall though....getting "sometimes" FINALLY was so cool....present tense, off he goes, I got shit and immortality. i was bit suprised to see RVM and porch again but maybe this early still working on getting a flow...or these could be standards....

i was bit bummed to not get any Binural and riot act.....however, its the luck of the draw, the NO CODE stuff was superb...and all the VS late in the show....pretty wild...substitute SAVE YOU for ONCE and THIN AIR for SMALL Town this show is off the charts....but overall, two great shows.....18 diff tracks or so...

someone said mike was buried, i didn't think so, and we were pretty far back, he totally shredded Comotose...i think he plays lead on that...they totally slayed it...even with the lyric messup....i give ed credit, no help with the lyrics, a lot of bands have monitors now so if they forget, its right there.....someday maybe....we'll see.

i am so trying to work in another show or two....philly or charlottesville....i have tickets for baltimore and looking forward to it, but i'm thinking i need MORE..... :) rock on.
    ~ ninjadave ~
    2003 - State College 05/03
    2006 - Cleveland 05/20 and Pittsburgh 06/23
    2008 - Washington DC 06/22
    2009 - Philly Spectrum 10/28, 10/30 and 10/31
    2010 - Columbus 05/06 and Cleveland 05/09
    2011 - Philly [EV] 06/25 and PJ20 09/03-04
    2013 - Pittsburgh 10/11, Buffalo 10/12, Philly 10/21-22 and Baltimore 10/27
    2014 - Detroit 10/16
    2016 - Philly 04/28-29 and Philly [TotD] 11/05
    2022 - Ottawa 09/03 and Camden 09/14
  • GD274660 wrote:

I was with you all morning, lined up just before you and your buddy (John, black Ed Orlando shirt + Orioles hat). My friends and family were sitting behind the stage and said they saw you on the monitor quite a bit. You are right about the lack of organization at the First Niagara Center and the potential for disaster. It was a benefit to us to be there early because it at least put us in front of the chaos and not in the middle of it. I know the first 10 of us in line that morning all got on the rail; we were fortunate to be right where we wanted to be between Ed and Stone. We all had a great time before and during the show, hope we cross paths again soon.
    "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."- Abraham Lincoln
  • was there, try to go to as many shows as poss. NEVER gets old, never the same. First show was 1992, they are tighter than ever, better than ever, they play....its my happy place! Thanks Guys!!!
  • guys it was the second show of the tour so...im sure they don't have all the sound down just yet...
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    For those who are complaining about the miscues and such please pick 1:

1) Play the same set every night and be perfect, or
    2) mix the set up and make mistakes.

I prefer #2. I don't care about the mistakes. For me it's what makes it real!
  • Hey guys,
    I wrote a review of pearl jams Buffalo show for a local Buffalo based blog. Please check it out if you get a chance.
    http://www.buffablog.com/2013/10/concer ... l-jam.html
  • An amazing show. Definitely one of the best I've seen. The crowd was nuts for this whole show and it was incredible looking around and seeing everyone on their feet. It wasn't in the setlist notes, but one of my favorite parts was the beginning of the second encore...Eddie started talking about Johnny Ramone, so everyone thought they were going into "I Believe in Miracles". Instead they went into "Go" and everyone was shocked. Phenomenal show and phenomenal crowd.
  • SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / Québec Posts: 195
    This was my first show and I could NOT have been more blown away!! I was extremely fortunate to be second row on Stone's side and witness things I thought I'd only ever see on DVD. It makes me a little sad to read the negative comments and criticisms, actually. I've listened almost exclusively to PJ for the past 2 years. I've spent hours in my car driving to or from work, imagining what it would feel like to be part of one of those crowds on my bootlegs, to be a part of the ultimate sing-along, to be surrounded by people who would also cherish the opportunity to be so close to such an amazing band and feel that connection. And when the Buffalo bootleg comes out, I'll know that I was one of those people screaming my lungs out. I was happy to hear some of my personal faves but just as happy when my crowd-mates, who I'd JUST met, got to hear theirs as well! I could see the band's faces and see the sincerity of their thank-yous at the end of the night. That's one of the things I love about them - that even after 20+ years of touring, they genuinely appreciate the fans and don't take their success for granted. I hope that I can replicate that as a fan and never lose sight of what a gift it is to be swept up in their beautiful music and lyrics with 20,000+ friends I've never met. THANK YOU PEARL JAM!
    An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
    Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited October 2013
    I was in 106 Row 21.

I enjoyed the night as a whole. I really love Pendulum as an opener. Then Low Light and Sometimes. The "audible" into Immortality was awesome because I was really hoping to see Immortality.
    I didnt see or notice as many 'miscues' or sound issues as some did. I thought they sounded great. I did think the sound was a little better in Pittsburgh though, maybe that was just my angle/vantage point. I also didnt think EV's voice sounded off at all.
    The setlist would have been amazing if it werent for 2 major 'errors'. I think the pairing of Swallowed Whole and Sirens as well as Yellow Moon and Future Days were show-killers. I noticed a lot of people becoming distracted, not as into it, etc during those long sections of the show. 1st off, they are new, and second, frankly, they are a bit slow and boring, especially to ears that arent die-hards who never heard the new stuff. I know a lot of 1st to 3rd timers who went and later told me they were pretty bored during those parts.

It was funny when EV tried to compliment the Sabres' logo and the reaction was lukewarm. Too many Canadians, and people from Buffalo have real negative feelings toward the Sabres right now.

I loved a lot of songs played. Immortality, Present Tense, another RVM/Porch double-down, Comatose, and I Got Shit just off the top of my head were fantastic.

Definitely a Mike McCready show.

I went to both Pittsburgh and Buffalo and I consider them both fairly even, very solid shows.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • I'll gladly take a couple restarts and some flubbed up words than a cookie cutter show any day.....
    I also noticed people getting "distracted" during the new songs...but for me, it was a great show....now kick off Worcester with Getaway!
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    Sorry for the long post, but I am just now getting all my thoughts onto the "page".

My concert review now (part 2 of my review posts . . . I posted my story of waiting in line/getting to the pit a few pages back).

So we were in the pit, 2 to 3 people deep right in front of Jeff's mic stand. Great spots. Chatting with fellow fans for the two hour wait and noticed how strange it was they were doing sound/mic checks with about 30 minutes to go before they came on.

Now, this being my 10th Pearl Jam show, my enjoyment has always come down to four main factors. The time I have leading up to the show (people I'ma round, circumstances surrounding the day etc.), my location in the venue, the people I am around at the show, and the setlist. Of these, my location in the venue and the people I am around during the show are the two most important ones. The setlist and my time leading up to the show are less important. So when I was 2nd/3rd row in the pit and was chatting with equally enthusiastic fans, I knew this was instantly going to be my favourite show ever (after Barrie '98, my first. Don't think I'll ever top my first show!). They could have played Help Help and Evacuation back to back all night and I would have loved it if it meant I was 2nd/3rd row.

Loved the first few opening songs . . . eased us into it. Low Light and Sometimes were great. I really thought we were going to get a rocker after Low Light, but Sometimes was a treat. After that song I felt a rocker coming from Ed and was screaming for Corduroy. As the notes echoed off the stage into my face, the adrenaline kicked in full stop. I sang as loud as I could and jumped my ass off the whole song. The pit where I was was going nuts and I loved it. Mikey added a scorching solo and I liked that it was a little bit more extended than usual.

As the next few songs wore on, it was during this time that i truly appreciated where I was in the venue. I had my 'Team McCready' shirt on and yelled at Mike and shook my shirt to show him my appreciation for him. He noticed and pointed & smiled, which was amazing. My first of many "connections" with the guys from this spot in the pit.

I enjoyed the littel breakdown/chant part of DTE, but I don't think I was alone when I wasn't really sure what Ed wanted us to do! Chant the verse/chrous? Repeat what he was chanting? I dunno. But it seemed to work regardless!

The stop and pause after DTE was definitely odd. I saw Ed "clutching" his throat and mouthed "FUCK!" in a way that had me convinced his throat/voice was hurting. I seriously thought they may delay/stop the show because for a moment it seemed like he was in pain and that he couldn't go on. But perhaps it was just his way of wanting to slow things down a bit. He then told us they would be here for a while and they wanted to pace themselves (I needed to pace myself too because after jumping/yelling through the first few rockers, I was out of breath!)

So that led to Immortality which was on my wishlist for the evening. I finally took up guitar in January and have learned to play the intro (and the little melody he plays beforehand) so my love for this song has been huge this year. So it was amazing to hear it. I love the little melody he tags onto the beginning (which he has done in the past) and Mike's solos were great again.

Another hiccup at the start f My Father's Son, but I actually love the mess ups/delays. It really makes for a unique/memorable show. Eddie said "I can't do it" after singing the first few songs, presumably because he either forgot the lyrics or the melody. He got Jeff to play him the bass line, I assume so he could get the rhythm/melody down and then they were able to launch back into it. Nice to hear live.

Even Flow was amazing from my vantage point. I know many people use it as their piss break song, but to see Mikey shred like he did from15 feet away left me in awe. The energy from my section of the pit was incredible, with everyone singing and pointing and jumping in time with the guys. I loved the two guys in front of me with their little "butterflies" hand gestures everytime that word was sung.

Swallowed Whole through Infallible were great set of songs and I was glad they played Once, as my 6 year old son calls it his "special song' and loves hearing it in the car all the time. He was happy they played it for me and I showed him the YT videos of it!

Having the first set end with Present Tense, SOLAT and Porch was just unfreakin'-believable. I feel like the set changed a bit here, because Eddie seemed to drastically get the guys to stop and play Present Tense instead. He went to every guy and made sure they didn't start the next song, presumably to get Present tense in there. While the lighting for this song was definitely different and probably neat, it was hard from the pit to see the stage because the lights were shining right in our eyes! I could not look at the stage much (if at all) during the song.

I was thrilled to hear SOLAT as well . . . this was on my wishlist too as I had not heard it live for a long time. Porch was very typical, but it was another great version.

The second and third sets were great too. I loved that they played Elderly Woman to the back of the stage, and again, it seemed like Rats was just thrown in there too because after they came back to face the front of the stage, I could see (and hear!) Eddie say "Rats" to the other guys, so perhaps it wasn't on the set, or was in a different spot. He also prefaced it with "we're gonna try something different", which I'm not sure what he meant...

great finish with RVM and then a nice 2nd encore. Alive was truly epic from my vantage point again. Another staple and played typically tonight, but seeing it from 15 feet away makes it even more special. Mikey's behind the head solo from the pit looked amazing. Loved Baba and Indifference to finish.

I know many people say the sound was off and they messed things up a bit, but to me it made the show unique. From my spot, the sound was fine (and I was more in awe of being so close) and the guys looked good. Mikey was on fire for sure, which was great because he was the one I really wanted to be close to (and Ed of course, so our spots on the floor were perfect). great end to the show.

My highlights:
    - random eye contact with Ed throughout the night, yelling at Mikey throughout the night and getting acknowledged. I got two of Mike's picks and I swear it is because I yelled "You rock McCready" to him, he nodded at me, went back to get some pics and threw them in my direction. I honestly felt like he threw them towards me on purpose because I had been cheering him on all night and he appreciated that. But that could be my own fantasy :-)
    - Eddie being so close to coming into the crowd during Once, I think it was, right near us. I swear I thought he was coming in and that I'd get to help hold him up.
    - I loved the lady on Mike side (side stage) with the sign saying that it was her 40th birthday and she wanted a kiss. Eddie gave her his wine bottle during one of the long breakdowns (might have been Porch). Nice to see.
    - Being showered with Mike picks throughout the night and always trying to grab them from the floor :) My buddy got one when Mike threw a bunch at me and I was lucky enough to find one on the floor when the lights came on afterwards.
    - Yelling "something like "You rock McCready!!! (again!)" at Mike near the end of the show and having him point at me and bow in thanks.
    - Just being so close to the stage to see the sweat on the guys' faces and to see Mike perform in such close proximity will always be special to me.
    - After 15 years and 10 shows, my dream (and not just a thought of "one day I'd like to be close", but actual DREAMS) of being close to the guys finally came true!

And finally, a big shout out to the people around me at the show and in line. You guys helped make it a super memorable evening. The two women and their husbands who they sent on a GA line recon mission(one couple from just across the border in Ontario - the name of their town escapes me!- and the other from around Toronto).... without meeting you guys, we would have stayed in the GA line on the box office side of the building. I owe it to you guys for us being so close! The lady who just had knee surgery that we met in line and then saw in the pit later . . I'm glad you made it through to the rail for the last little while (and sorry they didn't play Ghost or much Riot Act ;) ), the two women "triathletes" who we met in line and chatted to from Buffalo and seeing the guys for the first time. It was awesome to chat and I'm glad you guys were able to trade your seats for GA tickets. I know you were 2nd row in front of Eddie and we saw you exiting after the show and you said you loved the show. Glad to hear it. You gals were fun. To the guys around us in the pit; the guy from North Bay and your buddy from Philly who threw the "Welcome Home Heroes" shirt onto the stage for Mike (you think I would have gotten their names right?), it was fun to be around you for the show and chat in the pit beforehand. Also the guy in the "pinkish" shirt and his girlfriend who caught an Eddie pick - you were fun to be around and chat to as well. You seemed like you had a blast and your enthusiasm for the band made it fun! Hopefully we'll bump into you all at a future show! If anyone f you are on here, let me know!

Thanks again to the 10C, the band and all the fans for a truly amazing evening!!!!!
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • McNairn wrote:
    I thought Ed was superb the whole way through, This was a much better show than London, and I can honestly say there is absolutely nothing I would have changed,

Great show but wouldn't go as far as to say the above. Having so many cuts from the new album tended to kill some of the momentum, not because they're bad tracks, just less known. Crowd wasn't into it nearly as much as London. Whole sections were sitting for the majority of Buffalo.

They really stunned me with that version of Porch. RVM and Rats were exceptional as well.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    BennyLaRue wrote:
    McNairn wrote:
    I thought Ed was superb the whole way through, This was a much better show than London, and I can honestly say there is absolutely nothing I would have changed,

Great show but wouldn't go as far as to say the above. Having so many cuts from the new album tended to kill some of the momentum, not because they're bad tracks, just less known. Crowd wasn't into it nearly as much as London. Whole sections were sitting for the majority of Buffalo.

They really stunned me with that version of Porch. RVM and Rats were exceptional as well.

like I said in my review:

the 2 combos of Swallowed Whole/Sirens and Yellow Moon/Future Days were huge crowd/intensity tamers.
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    Without getting into the sound and setlist... this had to be my favourite Pearl Jam show of all time.

I've literally had dreams about being front row centre at a show and have Ed throw me a tambourine.

When it happened... I couldn't have been happier. To have him ask for it back... rock with it then give it back again was just fucking awesome.

Someone mentioned it earlier.. that the mistakes make it feel real. That pretty much says it all. Ed was having issues with his throat.. so thats why they changed the set up a bit... that's why it was sort of 'all over the place' with no flow. Still a great show. They played a lot of what I consider to be my top ten. And they played a lot of new stuff which was awesome for me cause I reallllllly enjoy the new record.

But being as close as I was... that's what made this the best. I was there early and it was good to meet some PJ fans as always. It makes Pearl Jam shows special being able to sit and wait with like-minded PJ folk. But the whole time I was seriously nervous. I wanted to get as close as I could. To have that happen without having to be a prick was amazing.

If I had one 'complaint' I suppose it would be Stone's complete lack of fan involvement. But.... to each his own.

I'm going to cherish that night forever. And I may have to break out that tambourine every time I listen to Baba O'Reilly now.

Cheers all!
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • GD274660 wrote:

I was with you all morning, lined up just before you and your buddy (John, black Ed Orlando shirt + Orioles hat). My friends and family were sitting behind the stage and said they saw you on the monitor quite a bit. You are right about the lack of organization at the First Niagara Center and the potential for disaster. It was a benefit to us to be there early because it at least put us in front of the chaos and not in the middle of it. I know the first 10 of us in line that morning all got on the rail; we were fortunate to be right where we wanted to be between Ed and Stone. We all had a great time before and during the show, hope we cross paths again soon.

I hope so too. I regret not getting a photo with everyone, but as you probably remember I was pretty neurotic about the lack of organization from the arena. It just wasn't on my mind at the time and I looked like shit anyway from only getting a few hours of sleep. We'll meet again at another show in the future.
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 188
    GD274660 wrote:
    GD274660 wrote:

You were awesome! They had you more than a few times on the big screen. Could tell you knew the lyrics to the new songs already. Good for you, sir. Very well done. :)

THIS! dude, seeing your enthusiasm made us happy, especially during present tense ... kudos!

the more i think about the show, the more i think it was really, really good. i think the new stuff live was great, and from where we were (116, row 21) we barely noticed any sound issues (aside from ed's audibles) and our crowd was so into it. great time!! :D
    it went away?? "i dwell in darkness without you" and it went away??
  • mjd327mjd327 Posts: 138
    You guys are killing me! I so want to be GA or Reserved for the Brooklyn shows...all these accounts....I wanna just jump around and belt the lryics...if I'm seated far back I hope the crowd are as wild there as they are in the GA and Reserved sections though I doubt it!
    Parksy wrote:
    W
    When it happened... I couldn't have been happier. To have him ask for it back... rock with it then give it back again was just fucking awesome.

I was wondering why it was thrown back onto the stage!!!!
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
    Parksy wrote:
    But being as close as I was... that's what made this the best. I was there early and it was good to meet some PJ fans as always. It makes Pearl Jam shows special being able to sit and wait with like-minded PJ folk. But the whole time I was seriously nervous. I wanted to get as close as I could. To have that happen without having to be a prick was amazing.

And you said it perfectly here. As I mentioned in my post above, a lot of my enjoyment of a show comes from my proximity to the stage and the people I am around rather than the set or the sound or whatever.... Being as close as I was (very close to you, by the sounds of it - I was in front of Jeff's mic stand) is what will make this my SECOND favourite PJ show ever (my first show in Barrie in '98 will always be the best - you can never top your first show ;) ) It was truly a night I will cherish forever.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • I can't get enough of these guys, I'm hooked more now than ever. It was my 18th show, first being Barrie 98 and I was in GA about 10-12 rows back Center stage. I thought it was as always a Great show, I'm a fan of whatever they play but the highlights for me were the new tunes and standouts were Pendulum, Sirens and Yellow Moon. I also loved the second encore as well.

I arrived in buffalo about noon on Saturday from the Toronto area, after a 2 hour boarder delay. I checked into the hotel and headed down to the Pearl Street Grill, met some cool Ten Club folks and headed over to the venue to pick up my GA tickets at about 3:30pm. My line A-C had no one in it, so I walked right up and picked up my tickets. I then did not want to wait in the GA lines as I'm one of those folks that likes to get a good buzz on before I see the band so I walked back around the corner to Iron works where they had a PJ cover band Mookie Blaylock. Had a Very good time there as well where I met Nate from Philly, great dude. after many beers and good conversation I headed back to the stadium around 7pm, again, pretty much walked right in and made my way to the floor. I could have been 5th or 6th row on Stones side but I was front row in London on his side and wanted another angle, so I choose about 10-12 rows back in center. My advice, if you don't need to be on the rail or 2-3 rows back, don't wait in line, go enjoy yourself and have a few drinks or hang with friends. There was plenty of room in the pit and everyone was respectful as i went a few times for more beer and piss breaks and I went right back to where I was rocking out with no issues. i met some cool folks in the Pit, Nate from Philly again who didn't have a GA ticket but was there with me the whole show, Bobby from St. Catherine's who was turned onto Pearl jam from Neil Young and a few other folks behind me who rocked the whole show as well, made my night, Thank you.

I think everyone should be prepared (and prepare your casual fan friends) to hear alot of LB on this tour, it's a great album and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a Grammy nod or 2 even though the boys aren't into that kind of thing.

all in all another great night for me. Thanks again Pearl Jam and Ten Club and we'll see you in LA.
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada