*** Buffalo Fanviews Here 10/12/13 ***

Comments

• WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 455
    Caught some flack for skipping some Canadian Thanksgiving activities with family...I my mind I spent the night with my other family. Thanks for another great show. Second time hearing lightening bolt and future days since Wrigley. New appreciation for both. All the new songs sounded great. Good crowd. That finishesy 3rd show in 2013. Great way to end the run. I'll wait patiently for next years CanadiN tour....
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    dos26 wrote:
    what time did they come on...when did they finish

Came on around 8:20 (so much for the 7:30 call mentioned in the email from 10c) and played until 11:00. I thought the crowd was really loud. Very happy vibe in the building and in the City. Such a beautiful fall nite. I appear to be in the minority but some songs fell a little flat on the setlist, mainly the new material that didn't seem to excite the entire arena. After Wrigley and tonight, I feel like Ed is losing his hold on setlist flow. Can't put my finger on it, but I feel like the shows have had far worse natural progression, especially from the loud to midtempo material. Hard to get into a zone and stay there. Also haven't seen it mentioned that the boys were sloppy last night. Miscues, missed verses, stopped starts (happened for about 5 songs in a row in the middle of the set). Ed also had problems with his monitors all night and tore them out of his ear twice. So...a fun night, but not one I am betting the boys consider for a marquee DVD release :) Thanks for hosting all the Canadians Buffalo, and nice to see the development going on in the downtown core. Oh and the best slice of arena pizza I have ever had.
  • Pats16Pats16 Posts: 174
    Immortality and Present Tense in the same night......... :P
  • merileyjrmerileyjr New York Posts: 22
    Funny - I don't think Buffalo is very fond of Vincent Gallo, you could hear a pin drop when Eddie mentioned him as a favorite son of Buffalo :)
    Rochester NY 10/27/91 - Toronto 8/5/92 - Toronto 8/18/93 - Rochester NY 4/7/94 - Buffalo 10/1/96 - Toronto 8/22/98 - NY Jones Beach 8/25/00 - Saratoga 8/27/00 - NJ 9/2/00 - Philly 4/28/03 - NJ 7/6/03 - NJ 7/14/03 - Philly 10/3/05 - NJ 5/27/06 - NJ 5/28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Paris 9/11/06 - NJ 6/19/08 - NJ 6/20/08 - Philly 10/28/09 - Philly 10/30/09 - NY (SNL) 3/13/10 - MSG 5/20/10 - MSG 5/21/10 - Eddie (Philly) 6/25/10 - Toronto 9/11/11 - Toronto 9/12/11 - Eddie (Phoenix) 11/4/12 - Philly 9/2/12 - Buffalo 10/12/13 - Philly 10/21/13 - Philly 10/22/13 - Hartford 10/25/13 - Baltimore 10/27/13 - Seattle 12/6/13 - Detroit 10/16/14 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Columbia SC 4/21/16 - Boston 8/5/16 - Chicago 8/18/18 - Chicago 8/20/18 - Boston 9/2/18
  • BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    This about sums it up...
    2ev435v.jpg
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    Great setlist!

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Another awesome show with some gems like Rats and Immortality, Indifference and Baba. I thought the crowd was better in Pittsburgh though. Maybe that's the difference between 10C section versus not. Was 10c reserved Friday, and just public sale seats last night. There were people sitting down for most of the show, on their phones textin and stuff, like 6 empty seats behind us, it wasn't the same vibe as Pitt for me. But the set list was great, a lot of fun songs.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• jonsey30 wrote:
    Another awesome show with some gems like Rats and Immortality, Indifference and Baba. I thought the crowd was better in Pittsburgh though. Maybe that's the difference between 10C section versus not. Was 10c reserved Friday, and just public sale seats last night. There were people sitting down for most of the show, on their phones textin and stuff, like 6 empty seats behind us, it wasn't the same vibe as Pitt for me. But the set list was great, a lot of fun songs.

For me is was the opposite. Opposite seating (public for Pittsburg with 4 clueless texting girls who left after the first encore Vs. 10 C ticket for Buffalo with great fans around) and opposite vibe. I personally preferred the Buffalo setlist as I thought this lead them to a more energetic concert where even Eddie realized they needed to pace themselves early on.

I will miss the days when someone could get 10C tickets for more than one show as it makes a huge difference in my enjoyment of these shows.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Montreal 20/06/03, Montreal 15/09/05, Ottawa 16/09/05. Montreal 1 (EV) 09/08/08; Albany 2 (EV) 09/06/09.
    Toronto 21/08/09; Cleveland 9/05/10; Buffalo 10/05/10. Montreal 7/09/11; Toronto 11/9/11; Toronto 12/9/11; Ottawa 14/9/11.
    London 16/07/13; Pittsburg 11/10/13; Buffalo 12/10/13. Moline (No Code) 17/10/14, St Paul 19/10/14, Milwaukee (Yield) 20/10/14.
    Quebec City 5/5/2016, Ottawa 8/5/2016; Toronto (Binaural) 10/5/2016, Toronto 12/5/2016 (Completed Ten, finally got Oceans).
    London 18/7/2018, London 19/7/2018 :(, Boston 2/9/2018.
    Quebec City 1/9/2022; Ottawa 3/9/2022; Hamilton 6/9/2022, Toronto 8/9/2022.
  • mclairemclaire Posts: 61
    I'm from Buffalo & this is the first time in the front row! Totally different experience...best show I've been to, and I've been going to shows since '92. Thank you to all the guys who let me get up front from the 4th row! Great crowd, great set list, great view! Comatose and Present Tense!!!! Wish they did one from Riot Act, but it's ok! Still best show of my life!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Great show!

- years of no GA last night was amazing. It was a clusterfuck though. If no one got hurt from the surge I'm glad, but it will happen if they security doesn't do a better job.
    - Indifference instead of YL was a great choice
    - I love the unique setlists now. Such a nice feel
    - Present Tense was amazing. As was Comatose, Once, DTE, I got shit. etc. Rats was different than usual but very awesome. Stone ripped into this classic guitar solo. Amazing!
    - When Ed mentioned something about a cool Buffalo logo and said he couldn't hear the reaction it was the Canadians chanting go leafs go!
    - free parking - wtf?

Security needs to have a better system in place. For example, use the barricades and only let 1 line though starting at 6:15. I think security underestimates the passion for getting close, getting rail etc. Due to the seniority system many hardcore fans have never been anywhere near the stage. Now it's their time. They look at us as nice fans but once they say "GO" it's on. It seemed many people didn't get scanned. They just rushed though. Security was trying to hold people but fans blew by them with a surge. Just past the security they had this metal piece sticking out on the floor. So dangerous. I felt relief as I grabbed the rail, but it was chaos!
  • Wonderful show. Amazing energy. Crowd was great, singing at the top of their lungs to everything. I had GA, and it was a great experience. First time being that close to the band since Lollapalooza in Detroit way back when I was a surly, angry teen. I thought the new songs sounded great. It's early, so I get that a couple of them, My Father's Son, Yellow Moon, seemed to be bathroom break songs, at least where I was standing. Eddie mentioned in the Town Hall that he thought it was time to shake up the setlist process. And while I don't consider this setlist "shook up", I do think we're in for an interesting tour. Overall, one of the great shows I've been to.
  • WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    Wow, I wasn't there but on paper this looks like a must have bootleg.

2+ days till Worcester. Damn I am excited.
  • WWS wrote:
    I'll wait patiently for next years CanadiN tour....

is this just a hope, or have you heard something concrete?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Whywhyzed wrote:

absolutely.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Great show.

Pendulum is an amazing opener; one I wouldn't mind seeing stick around after this tour. Rats, Comatose and Sometimes were nice along with the new material. It seemed like Eddie was struggling a bit (he really seemed sick) but they still pulled off an amazing show. GE for the first time in ages really added to the experience. Like Pendulum, I hope that this is something that sticks around for future tours.
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Whywhyzed wrote:

absolutely.

+ 1
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Great energy and good crowd. The thing I noticed the most is that the crowd became zombies during the new songs minus mym. Just dance to the amazing music.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    6e3bf5ec-dd36-4898-83b1-2c985c03db81.jpg

So, it's Sunday, I'm sitting at the airport waiting for my 4 pm flight, stuck watching the bills game (could be worse)... gonna write a nice, lengthy, glowing review of the show.

such a fun random day in buffalo yesterday.... but that's besides the point...

The show was electric.

Show started 8:22, the music finished at 11:55.... with the band exiting the stage shortly thereafter... both breaks were about 4 minutes long each...

Me and my touring partner arrived at about 730. Walked straight down to the floor. The crowd was gathering on Mike's side, so like always, we picked our spot in front of stone... maybe about 10 rows back... at most.

Everyone was comfortable and fun, no dickheads. We went and used the bathroom, got beers throughout the show, and went back to the same spot. at the first encore, we moved up to about 5 rows back. at the second encore, about 3 rows back... pick above is in the second encore.... shortly after the crowd went wild for baba.

I'm typing all this out so that everyone who's worried about the GA experience gets all the info. I'm not one to spend all day waiting outside at the venue... fuck that... and by the end of the show i was 3 rows back and everyone was cool.

Security for the GA was tight. The seats at the back were barricaded off from the GA section. Ushers everywhere checking wristbands.

On the way into the venue, saw a guy with this 10-11 year old kid in their seats. had to stop and give him a fistbump, and ask if it was his first concert... he said "yes" and i told him he was in for a treat.... if the dad's reading this, props for bringing your kid and getting SEATS and not being a dummy and trying to bring your 10 year old into the GA area.

Anyway, the crowd was electric. And, from Canada. lol... this was the toronto show. Everyone I spoke to was canadian, and drunk... lol... it was awesome.

The rink was filled to the rafters, I couldn't see an empty seat in the place.

As for the music and stage show.... the band was on fire. Lightning bolt was amazing live. Mind your Manners was played as an up-tempo punk rock song, like it should be. And it was awesome. Pendulum was a great opener... and the segway into low light, and - finally for me after 14 shows - Sometimes. Abosolutely delighted to hear it, and they crushed it.

My friend and i got real concerned when ed cut the momentum with a severe hand gesture at the end of DTE. We thought he was gonna cut it short and bail on us for a split second... then we remember this is PJ, and no way they are going to disappoint. I would love to know what the original set list was gonna be... The "alleluia" chorus was the loudest i've ever heard it.

Disappointed we didnt get to hear the first play of getaway...

Set highlights for me were Present Tense, SOLAT, Baba O, Indifference, Comatose (other than that mentioned above)...

And I for one fully support Jeff that people from Buffalo should be referred to as "bison"... such a funny moment.

What a show. What a fun night. Can't wait for Dallas and OKC....

Now, back to the bills game... ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    I had an amazing time in Buffalo last night!!! Great set list. A ton of new songs but I'm surprised they didn't play Getaway. I thought we'd get it for sure since it wasn't played in Pittsburgh. Sirens live was amazing! I was also really happy to hear Off He Goes.

Thanks to Ten Club for amazing seats! I was in 104 which was great, I was kind of afraid I'd be at the back of the floor because of my high # but I definitely wasn't disappointed! I was surrounded by a bunch of other Canadians too...did they just seat us all together?? :lol:

So happy I only have to wait a few days for my next show! Can't wait until Brooklyn!!
  • jonsey30 wrote:

For me is was the opposite. Opposite seating (public for Pittsburg with 4 clueless texting girls who left after the first encore Vs. 10 C ticket for Buffalo with great fans around) and opposite vibe. I personally preferred the Buffalo setlist as I thought this lead them to a more energetic concert where even Eddie realized they needed to pace themselves early on.

I will miss the days when someone could get 10C tickets for more than one show as it makes a huge difference in my enjoyment of these shows.
    OH no!!
    There were people on cell phones? Texting?
    THE HORROR!

:P
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Show was GREAT, had a blast...the sound was really good and all the new songs sounded great. I think it was only 3 short of the full album. I may be wrong but I believe they played 9 tracks from LB. My favorite so far is Future Days...LOVED IT!!! Woke up and it's the first song stuck in my head and I've been singing it to myself all morning.

Porch kicked ass, may beat out my favorite Porch ever from Toronto 09

Couldn't have asked for a better night... Ten club seats were perfect and the crowd was great, as it always is in Buffalo!

My only complaint....I wanted a lightning bolt ticket stub :lol: J/K

Thank you PJ/TC can't wait till next time!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    BrainOfMA wrote:
    This about sums it up...
    2ev435v.jpg

That's actually a pretty cool pic. Mike looks like he's standing in a cyclone of light.
  • nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I was there.

It was good.

Will write more later when I have time, but this is easily the greatest show I've been to since Barrie '98 . Was 2 to 3 people deep in the pit right in front of Jeff.... Was amazing to be that close. Great show. Literally a dream come true for me as I have always dreamed of being close to the stage. More in depth review to come later from me.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • At both shows. Pittsburgh crowd KILLED buffalo. Way better sound at consol and the vibe was more intense in my opinion. Pendulum opener is so badass.
    Highlights from Pittsburgh
    Pendulum
    Given to fly
    Do the evolution
    Infallible
    Footsteps
    Porch

Highlights from buffalo
    I got shit
    Present tense
    Rearviewmirror
    Yellow moon
    Baba
  • marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    Just got back to Boston and wanted to check in. I thought the show was very loud from where I was behind the soundboard. Not sure if thats the acoustics of the building or how the instruments were set up. It just seemed like Ed was struggling to sing over the instruments. Playing that many new songs and not as popular songs was tough on casual fans. The crown was wild for alive, dte, evenflow etc but was very quiet during the new stuff, and some of the not as main stream stuff. Overall I have seen PJ around 30 times and this was a show that I felt was average. They had a few miscues since it is the start of the tour but they will work out the kinks. As a fairly knowledgeable fan I liked the set list, but if I was the band and was going to play 9 out of 13 new songs, I would mix in more staples like Black, Jeremy, Daughter etc
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • jonsey30 wrote:

OH no!!
    There were people on cell phones? Texting?
    THE HORROR!

:P

I guess that my description which included "clueless" and "leaving before the first encore" did no paint an accurate picture ;) They were not there for the music. They were there so they could tell they Facebook friends they were there. They barely looked at the band and kept they eyes constantly on their phones. People living their lives through their phone as opposed through their senses.

Any way, just a waste of tickets from my point of view.

If you disagree that is fine by me. Peace :)
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Montreal 20/06/03, Montreal 15/09/05, Ottawa 16/09/05. Montreal 1 (EV) 09/08/08; Albany 2 (EV) 09/06/09.
    Toronto 21/08/09; Cleveland 9/05/10; Buffalo 10/05/10. Montreal 7/09/11; Toronto 11/9/11; Toronto 12/9/11; Ottawa 14/9/11.
    London 16/07/13; Pittsburg 11/10/13; Buffalo 12/10/13. Moline (No Code) 17/10/14, St Paul 19/10/14, Milwaukee (Yield) 20/10/14.
    Quebec City 5/5/2016, Ottawa 8/5/2016; Toronto (Binaural) 10/5/2016, Toronto 12/5/2016 (Completed Ten, finally got Oceans).
    London 18/7/2018, London 19/7/2018 :(, Boston 2/9/2018.
    Quebec City 1/9/2022; Ottawa 3/9/2022; Hamilton 6/9/2022, Toronto 8/9/2022.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Red Lukin wrote:
    - free parking - wtf?
    Did you park in the lot right across from the baseball field? We couldn't believe that parking was free in that lot. Score!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC

• If you disagree that is fine by me. Peace :)
    Its all good.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    marc34 wrote:
    Just got back to Boston and wanted to check in. I thought the show was very loud from where I was behind the soundboard. Not sure if thats the acoustics of the building or how the instruments were set up. It just seemed like Ed was struggling to sing over the instruments. Playing that many new songs and not as popular songs was tough on casual fans. The crown was wild for alive, dte, evenflow etc but was very quiet during the new stuff, and some of the not as main stream stuff. Overall I have seen PJ around 30 times and this was a show that I felt was average. They had a few miscues since it is the start of the tour but they will work out the kinks. As a fairly knowledgeable fan I liked the set list, but if I was the band and was going to play 9 out of 13 new songs, I would mix in more staples like Black, Jeremy, Daughter etc

I'll echo part of the comment above, re: it being difficult to hear Ed over the instruments on some of the songs. I was in section 116, for what I thought was a great show. This band never disappoints. So long as they're still touring, I'll make the effort to see their shows. I did, however, prefer the London show in July over last night's in Buffalo. Enjoy the shows and new music everyone. Be well.
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    What was the GA line-up/door/early-entrance/designated entrance situation like??