Options

Not an iOS user but still a PJ fan left in the cold by 10C

Brian_BoBrian_Bo Posts: 46
edited October 2013 in The Porch
Would like it if I could partake in the official stuff that the band is doing on iTunes. However I do not use any OS from Apple nor do I ever spend money on iTunes. There are other apps, stores and operating systems in the world, please don't support a monopoly.

I've sent emails to the fanclub about this but they come back with no response other than a thank you and they are looking into it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
    You don't have to spend $$ on iTunes to listen to the album. They're streaming it absolutely free, so not sure how this leaves you in the cold. iTunes is available on Windows or Mac, too.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Brian_BoBrian_Bo Posts: 46
    edited October 2013
    ITunes is a bloated piece of software that installs multiple pieces of vampire software on a PC. Also some of us use linux.
    Post edited by Brian_Bo on
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Brian_Bo wrote:
    ITunes is a bloated piece of software that installs multiple pieces of vampire software on a PC.
    :lol::lol::lol: ok buddy. guess you're shit out of luck then.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Brian_Bo wrote:
    ITunes is a bloated piece of software that installs multiple pieces of vampire software on a PC.
    Then wait. What they've done today is awesome.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    Love the entitlement.
  • Options
    Nitro wrote:
    Love the entitlement.
    ITunes is basically the ticketmaster of digital distribution.
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    Brian_Bo wrote:
    Also some of us use linux.

Look ... just don't be THAT guy. You chose to use Linux and knew it's limitations before you made that choice. Don't start getting all preachy about every other OS and apps running under other environments sucking.

You can easily use Wine on Linux to run iTunes. That will let you listen to the stream.
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    Brian_Bo wrote:
    Nitro wrote:
    Love the entitlement.

Care to explain? iTunes charges no extra fees and there is no DRM on purchased music. Yup, sounds pretty awful to me. :roll:
  • Options
    Brian_Bo wrote:

Dude its a free stream. If you don't want to check it out, wait one week.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It will be up on the sites in no time.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    Brian_Bo wrote:
    There are other apps, stores and operating systems in the world, please don't support a monopoly.

if there are others, one can't be a monopoly, can it? :lol:
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    choop wrote:
    Brian_Bo wrote:
    There are other apps, stores and operating systems in the world, please don't support a monopoly.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    choop wrote:
    Brian_Bo wrote:

I'm also frustrated and left out in the cold by 10c. Some of us don't listen to music digitally, on CD, or vinyl.
    My car strictly has a cassette deck and don't understand why 10c doesn't offer this as an option. Now there is no way I can listen to my favorite band. Thanks 10c! :arrow:
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    Brian_Bo wrote:
    Nitro wrote:
    Love the entitlement.

i think you can still download winamp
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    Everyone's a critic looking back up the river.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    Brian_Bo wrote:
    Would like it if I could partake in the official stuff that the band is doing on iTunes. However I do not use any OS from Apple nor do I ever spend money on iTunes. There are other apps, stores and operating systems in the world, please don't support a monopoly.

I've sent emails to the fanclub about this but they come back with no response other than a thank you and they are looking into it.

Hi Brian, I'm just wondering where you're from. Here in Toronto, I know my ISP is part of a duopoly who very clearly partake in price fixing (whether they'll admit it or not). Next, when you come on here, you've come to a website with files hosted by Amazon Web Services - guys who have what's dangerously close to a monopoly on plenty of markets. When you (presumably) bought your Lightning Bolt album, you bought an album belonging to the label of Universal, and which is being distributed by Monkeywrench's pals, Target, in the US! Ever heard of them? Oh, and I would imagine you paid with a credit card - Visa, perhaps? You want to live a life without monopolies? Good luck. Stop fighting the power, go download the world's most profitable company's free, no strings attached media player, and listen to your favourite band's rockin' new album.

Oh, here's a link, in case it makes your life easier. http://www.apple.com/itunes/
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 694
    Brian_Bo wrote:
    Nitro wrote:
    Love the entitlement.

i think you can still download winamp

Does Winamp still whip the llama's ass? :lol:
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    Brian_Bo wrote:

Dude its a free stream. If you don't want to check it out, wait one week.

Honestly, if I had a system that couldn't run iTunes, I would have went out and bought one on the way home from work just to hear this album. Not only because it's fucking outstanding, but I couldn't handle it being out for a full week before I get to hear it. So glad I have an iphone, mac, and pc (that I'm willing to put iTunes on) :thumbup:
    2008 - 6/28, 6/30
    2009 - 8/21,10/30, 10/31
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/20, 5/21
    2011 - 9/3/11, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12, 9/14
    2012 - 9/2
    2013 - 7/19, 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2014 - 6/16. 6/17, 6/20, 10/1

EV solo 8.1.08, 6.8.09, 6.15.11, 6.16.11
  • Options
    ratonesratones Posts: 161
    Everyone's a critic looking back up the river.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: ok buddy. guess you're shit out of luck then.

+1

And now, out with the rest of the bitchin' about all the other trivial shit we hate about this band and fan club, yet still cannot stay away from... :roll:

Hey Santos, I'm in my tent, drinking hot whiskey from a dirty flask. I'm patiently waiting for the pony express to get the new album here. Until then, I'll keep giving a "like" to some shit I really hate, just to be able to hear my favorite band rock a hot lick.

Anyone else watch the Steve Gleason snippet on the sports bastard? Thank you for reality Steve.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Whoa whoa, wait a minute, talk about burying the lead, I now have multiple vampire applications on my PC??? How do I use these apps? It's not going to start downloading those shitty Twilight movies now is it? :evil:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Everyone's a critic looking back up for linux.
  • Options
    The whole world doesn't revolve around you. Get with the program and get iTunes, or buy yourself the Pearl Jam Sessions jacket. :lol:
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    I'm an iOS and iTunes user who has been burdened with their complex and inefficient system for years. They have collectively cast a permanent shadow over what was once a glorious existence. I finally have a morsel rolled my way and you have the balls to come on here and cause a ruckus? Just be thankful you had the fortitude to break Apple's shackles, find it elsewhere, and allow the rest of us lemmings to mire in our worthless muck.
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    Brian_Bo wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Nitro wrote:
    choop wrote:
    Brian_Bo wrote:

I'm also frustrated and left out in the cold by 10c. Some of us don't listen to music digitally, on CD, or vinyl.
    My car strictly has a cassette deck and don't understand why 10c doesn't offer this as an option. Now there is no way I can listen to my favorite band. Thanks 10c! :arrow:
    Hahahahahahaha
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Brian_Bo wrote:
    ITunes is a bloated piece of software that installs multiple pieces of vampire software on a PC. Also some of us use linux.
    ITunes was designed on Linux, and Mac IS Linux.. If you use a Linux system, you're essentially USING a foundation Apple system, because the original Apple/IBM systems were and still ARE Linux based. But yes there are Linux systems for general PCS as well. As for vampire software that's a new one..
  • Options
    I'm an avid Apple user, however I am not a fan of iTunes at all.

But I'll gladly open iTunes to listen to the new Pearl Jam album.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Brian_Bo wrote:

Hi Brian, I'm just wondering where you're from. Here in Toronto, I know my ISP is part of a duopoly who very clearly partake in price fixing (whether they'll admit it or not). Next, when you come on here, you've come to a website with files hosted by Amazon Web Services - guys who have what's dangerously close to a monopoly on plenty of markets. When you (presumably) bought your Lightning Bolt album, you bought an album belonging to the label of Universal, and which is being distributed by Monkeywrench's pals, Target, in the US! Ever heard of them? Oh, and I would imagine you paid with a credit card - Visa, perhaps? You want to live a life without monopolies? Good luck. Stop fighting the power, go download the world's most profitable company's free, no strings attached media player, and listen to your favourite band's rockin' new album.

Oh, here's a link, in case it makes your life easier. http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Well said
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Shit, I downloaded Itunes so fucking fast on my wife's laptop (mines in the shop) knowing how much bitching ill get from her and streamed the SHIT out of album. It was fucking worth it bro.

Wind this thing up.