***PITTSBURGH 10/11 ROLL CALL***

Comments

• Is anyone thinking about going to see the PJ20 viewing the night before at SouthSide Works ?

or the Ten the Tribute Band at the Hard Rock Cafe ? Both are Thursday night...the movie is at 7:30 and the band plays at 9:30 at the Hard Rock. Should be a kick ass evening. Reserve your tickets for both. The movie won't play here unless enough people reserve tickets.
    The in between is mine.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I scored Global Citizen tix!
  • I will be there, despite all the difficulties in obtaining tickets. All my lottery requests were denied (10C# 116xxx). I tried for Pittsburgh and Hartford, but I suppose I didn't use enough strategy... Pitt GA was my first choice, Pitt RS was second choice (then Hartford GA, then Hartford RS). I guess I would have had better luck if I had reversed the GA/RS preferences. Honestly, I think the system could be improved - because my true first choice would have been "attend the concert in Pittsburgh, regardless of seating section". I'd like to see a two-step process in place, where your concert selection is considered first, followed by seating preference. But that sort of option is not available, which (in my mind) turns the lottery into a kind of game...

Anyway, I'm now trying to decide between a couple possible choices - has anyone sat in Sec 121 before? It's a side view, nice and close, for sure - but I don't know what the sight lines would be (e.g. will there be any obstructions)? My other option is in Sec 106 - definitely a clear view, but from a further distance...

Has anyone sat in either of those areas for concerts at Consol in the past? Any opinions?

And I'll throw this out there, too (with slim hopes) - if anyone has GA tix and would rather sit in 121 or 106, I'd be glade to accommodate a trade...

However the seating situation turns out, I cannot wait. See you all at the pre-party.
    1996: Toronto, Buffalo 1998: Tibetan Freedom Concert, Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs, Toronto 2003: Buffalo, State College, Camden 1 2004: Reading 2005: Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto 1, Toronto 2 2008: Hartford 2009: Toronto, Philadelphia 4 2010: Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Toronto 1, Toronto 2, Hamilton 2013: Pittsburgh, Buffalo 2014: Detroit 2016: NYC 1, NYC 2, Toronto 1, Toronto 2 2018: Boston 1
  • digitalkc wrote:
    I will be there, despite all the difficulties in obtaining tickets. All my lottery requests were denied (10C# 116xxx). I tried for Pittsburgh and Hartford, but I suppose I didn't use enough strategy... Pitt GA was my first choice, Pitt RS was second choice (then Hartford GA, then Hartford RS). I guess I would have had better luck if I had reversed the GA/RS preferences. Honestly, I think the system could be improved - because my true first choice would have been "attend the concert in Pittsburgh, regardless of seating section". I'd like to see a two-step process in place, where your concert selection is considered first, followed by seating preference. But that sort of option is not available, which (in my mind) turns the lottery into a kind of game...

Anyway, I'm now trying to decide between a couple possible choices - has anyone sat in Sec 121 before? It's a side view, nice and close, for sure - but I don't know what the sight lines would be (e.g. will there be any obstructions)? My other option is in Sec 106 - definitely a clear view, but from a further distance...

Has anyone sat in either of those areas for concerts at Consol in the past? Any opinions?

And I'll throw this out there, too (with slim hopes) - if anyone has GA tix and would rather sit in 121 or 106, I'd be glade to accommodate a trade...

However the seating situation turns out, I cannot wait. See you all at the pre-party.

http://www.consolenergycenter.com/events/seating_charts Virtual seating chart.
    The in between is mine.
  • wingendwingend Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 54
    121 v. 106:

121 is probably better depending on how up you are. For Muse two weeks ago they had people over there (I was in next section out), but no one was in like the first 5-6 rows of 121 because you'd be too low to see stage clearly. There could be some speakers down low and you may have trouble seeing the front corner of the stage, but it should be okay as long as you'd be in like Row 7-8ish. I haven't sat in 106, but I sat in 107 for a show and it just seemed really far away, and I felt removed from the concert at times. You find yourself watching the screen and not the stage because everyone looked small. Not awful seats by any means, but you're basically an entire hockey rink away (or further depending on what row).
    Pittsburgh - 09/05
    Cleveland - 05/10
    Pittsburgh - 10/13
    Brooklyn - 10/13
    MSG- 5/16
    Wrigley - 8/18
  • cmarch007cmarch007 Fishers, IN Posts: 293
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Anyone staying at the Marriott downtown :?:

Yes, my wife and I are at the Marriott City Center. Great hotels location, but we have crappy seats due to a processing error by Ticketbastard. I'm looking to upgrade into something in the lower bowl with a stage view.
    Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Noblesville - May 07, 2010
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin- Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL. July 19, 2013
    Pittsburgh - Oct 11, 2013
    Buffalo - Oct 12, 2013 GA-rail in McCready'ville
    Cincinnati - Oct 1st, 2014 GA 
    St. Louis - Oct 3rd, 2014
    Yield, WI (aka Milwaukee) - Oct 20, 2014 GA 7 people deep McCreadyville
    Lexington, KY (GA - 2nd row between Ed & Jeff!!!)
    Wrigley Field '16 N1 (GA)
    Wrigley Field '16 N2 
    Wrigley Field '18 (N1)
    Wrigley Field '18 N2 (GA)
  • bump this up

I can't wait for this show!! Get this tour started!! I think the energy is going to be great for this show. Pittsburgh hasn't seen Pearl Jam for 5 fuckin years? 5 fuckin years?!??! I look forward to lots of singing, chanting, and dancing. I really hope for Release to open but I know they opened with that last time they were here so I'll go with Wash or Corduroy..

Also look forward to you meeting some of you at the preparty!

Here's my wish list...

Release
    Brain of J
    Animal
    Mind Your Manners
    Given to Fly
    In My Tree
    Low Light
    Nothing As it Seems
    Sirens
    Parachutes
    Off He Goes
    Lightning Bolt

Encore
    Getaway
    Immortality
    Footsteps
    Swallowed Whole
    Habit
    Porch

Encore 2
    Go
    Leash
    Blood
    Why Go
    Present Tense
    Indifference
    Pittsburgh 2003/Pittsburgh 2006/Outside Lands 2009/Bridge School 2010/Pittsburgh 2013
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Getting close, and I can't wait. Between Pittsburgh and Buffalo, I'd like to hear all of the new songs so I know how they sound live. I feel like Sirens is going to sound great live.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Thanks wingend, that's exactly the kind of input I was looking for. And I can picture exactly what you mean about the lower rows of 121. It helps a lot to know what the seating for other shows has been like. I also have some of the same thoughts as you regarding 106. I've been spoiled by 10C floor seats for a long time. I hate when I catch myself watching the Jumbotrons at shows... Remember the old days when PJ didn't even allow them to be turned on?

I think I'm going to go with those seats in 121. Thanks for helping to reassure me.

And hrd2imagin, thanks as well - I'd seen that chart on the Consol site. It's awesome if you're picking out hockey seats, but a little more difficult to envision the exact stage layout for concerts, etc...

Should be an incredible time....
    1996: Toronto, Buffalo 1998: Tibetan Freedom Concert, Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs, Toronto 2003: Buffalo, State College, Camden 1 2004: Reading 2005: Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto 1, Toronto 2 2008: Hartford 2009: Toronto, Philadelphia 4 2010: Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Toronto 1, Toronto 2, Hamilton 2013: Pittsburgh, Buffalo 2014: Detroit 2016: NYC 1, NYC 2, Toronto 1, Toronto 2 2018: Boston 1
  • jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    hrd2imagin wrote:
    Is anyone thinking about going to see the PJ20 viewing the night before at SouthSide Works ?

or the Ten the Tribute Band at the Hard Rock Cafe ? Both are Thursday night...the movie is at 7:30 and the band plays at 9:30 at the Hard Rock. Should be a kick ass evening. Reserve your tickets for both. The movie won't play here unless enough people reserve tickets.

The movie is on! Received my confirmation e-mail tonight. Who else is going?

:wave:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    thought about the drive today to Pittsburgh

it's getting closer :D:D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Made my road trip plans the other day...Frank and I will be rolling into Pitt with our tracksuits on. We're crazy and we don't care! :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Made my road trip plans the other day...Frank and I will be rolling into Pitt with our tracksuits on. We're crazy and we don't care! :mrgreen:

so you will be easy to spot :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Ticketmaster says showtime is 730. Any word on an opening act?

I haven't seen anything about an opener and can't imagine Pearl Jam going on at freaking 730.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Add me please! 10C Reserved, + one of my besties :D
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    Any word on who the opening band will be yet?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • BLACK35 wrote:

nope. :(

very strange.
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
    FitPearl wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

nope. :(

very strange.

yes and with less than 2 weeks to go...strange. Maybe there won't be an opening band and do what they did in London & Chicago. But then they have an opening band for some of the shows on the 2nd leg...wierd
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • ratonesratones Posts: 161
    I'll be there, TM ticket.
  • AN126064AN126064 Earth Posts: 64
    I have a pair, section 117 that it looks like I won't be able to use (will be in Toronto until at least 4:00 PM Friday) :( also have a pair in Buffalo which I won't use if I don't go to Pittsburgh worse seats 300 level. PM if interested
    98 Camden, 98 E. Rutherford, 2000 Pittsburgh, 2000 Camden, 03 MSG, 03 Holmdel, 03 Camden, 05 Philly, 06 E. Rutherford, 06 Camden, 08 MSG2, 08 Camden, 09 Philly 1,2,3 (gave my ticket to 4 away for family obligation and kicking myself since), 10 Newark (my daughter's first show), 10 MSG1, 13 PIT, 13 BUF, 13 Barclays Center 1, 13 Philly 1, 13 Dallas, 15 NY Central Park (Global Citizen Fest, meh), 16 MSG 1 & 2, 16 Philly 2, 18 Amsterdam 1 (27 and counting!)
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    AN126064 wrote:
    I have a pair, section 117 that it looks like I won't be able to use (will be in Toronto until at least 4:00 PM Friday) :( also have a pair in Buffalo which I won't use if I don't go to Pittsburgh worse seats 300 level. PM if interested

well that's a sad post, bummer that you have pairs for both shows and not going
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Five+Horizons+Logo+-+small.jpg

RSVP on Facebook

Please join us for the first fundraising event for The Five Horizons Foundation! The worlds greatest rock band, Pearl Jam, is playing The Consol Energy Center on October 11th, 2013 and we're going to be pre partying over at Mitchell's! Please see below for details.

consol-energy-center.jpg

Who: All are welcome! This will be a Pearl Jam fan pre party but anyone who wants to come out to support Pearl Jam or Autism is more than welcome to attend. RSVP on Facebook

What: This is the first fundraiser for the new Five Horizons Foundation which was recently started by CometothePorch.net founder Joe Little and is being supported by a team of amazing Pearl Jam fans. Our primary focus is helping children and families affected by autism in honor of Joe's son, Mack, who was recently diagnosed. Please use the links above for more information on the Foundation.

Where: Mitchell's - 304 Ross Street, Pittsburgh PA, 15219. Phone: 412-471-3663. Mitchell's has a full menu and opens at 11am, come for lunch! Menu.

Map.jpg

When: Friday October 11th, 2013 at 2pm. Raffle will begin promptly at 4:30pm.

Why: All donations will directly benefit children and families affected by autism. The Five Horizons Foundation is dedicated to increasing awareness, acceptance and education of autism. For example, we recently worked with a variety of donors to achieve the goal of providing one iPad for every child in an autism center. For this event, we will be partnering with a local autism organization called the Autism Center of Pittsburgh. They work hard to help get children screened quickly when there is a concern and also specialize in working with service dogs.

Raffle: At 4:30pm we will start pulling raffle tickets! Win Pearl Jam or Pittsburgh themed items donated by your fellow Pearl Jam fans! Raffle tickets will be on sale starting at 1pm!

Donations: We need your help! If you have a Pearl Jam or Pittsburgh themed item that you can contribute to the raffle it will go a long way towards helping raise money for an incredible cause. Please email us if you can make a contributions: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pjfan@ymail.com">pjfan@ymail.com</a><!-- e -->.

Parking: Convenient and inexpensive parking is located behind the bar at William Penn Parking. Leave your car until after the show, it's a ten minute walk to the Consol Energy Center and we're having an after party back at Mitchell's!

After Party: Head right back over to Mitchell's after the Pearl Jam concert. Your Love Book Captain, Lori, author of the upcoming fan book, To Pearl Jam With Love, will be hosting.

Check out what we did recently for our first project: Click Here

kids.jpg

Any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jlittle@5Horizons.org">jlittle@5Horizons.org</a><!-- e -->. You'll will receive a prompt response.
    Come check out my PJ Tribute site :) www.ComeToThePorch.net If you're reading this, you'll love it. You can also find me on Twitter @ComeToThePorch.
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Stilllll lookin for a GA ticket!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • 1st post here on this forum for a long time....

absolutely will be there though all i remember of my tix is that i was livid after being shut out of TC tix for the first time ever so I got some 200 level ticket master. doesn't matter though - consol is freaking awesome! hoping to see some of the pens on Friday while we stay at the Marriott next door!

Go Pens!
  • hrd2imaginhrd2imagin Posts: 53
    edited October 2013
    OFFICIAL PITTSBURGH WISHLIST PRE-PARTY FUNDRAISER!

Join the fun at the TGI Fridays at the Consol Energy Center before the show and help raise funds for local beneficiaries Animal Friends and the John Challis Courage for Life Foundation.

Enjoy food, drinks, raffles and a great time as fans from all over the county converge for a long-awaited night! You may leave with awesome prizes including Pearl Jam-themed art and jewelry.

Our auction features a Mario Lemieux signed hockey puck, Ben Roethlisberger signed Football, Pedro Alvarez signed Louisville Slugger, gift certificates, t-shirts, baskets of spa items and much more.

bat.jpgfootball.jpgpuck.jpg

See some of the many items we'll be raffling off here:
    https://www.facebook.com/wishlistpj/med ... 589&type=3

Present this charity card during your food order and TGI Fridays will donate up to 20% of your bill to our charities. Click the image to download our charity cards!

coupon.jpg

More info available at:
    Our Facebook Page
    Our Forum Thread

The Wishlist Fundraiser is from 1-4pm. See you there!

(Twitter: #PJPittPreparty)
    Post edited by hrd2imagin on
    The in between is mine.
    some sweet prizes there :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    hrd2imagin wrote:
    OFFICIAL PITTSBURGH WISHLIST PRE-PARTY FUNDRAISER!

Join the fun at the TGI Fridays at the Consol Energy Center before the show and help raise funds for local beneficiaries Animal Friends and the John Challis Courage for Life Foundation.

Enjoy food, drinks, raffles and a great time as fans from all over the county converge for a long-awaited night! You may leave with awesome prizes including Pearl Jam-themed art and jewelry.

Our auction features a Mario Lemieux signed hockey puck, Ben Roethlisberger signed Football, Pedro Alvarez signed Louisville Slugger, gift certificates, t-shirts, baskets of spa items and much more.

bat.jpgfootball.jpgpuck.jpg

See some of the many items we'll be raffling off here:
    https://www.facebook.com/wishlistpj/med ... 589&type=3

Present this charity card during your food order and TGI Fridays will donate up to 20% of your bill to our charities. Click the image to download our charity cards!

coupon.jpg

More info available at:
    Our Facebook Page
    Our Forum Thread

The Wishlist Fundraiser is from 1-4pm. See you there!

(Twitter: #PJPittPreparty)

Nice work Melissa!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • BLACK35 wrote:
    some sweet prizes there :)

Thank you
    The in between is mine.
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    GA Tenclub tix me and my love. Still looking for 2 tix for the kids.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    I'll be there!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center