Options

Colorado floods

oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I am hoping that all my fellow Coloradoans are safe. I saw this video and although it is 8 minutes long, there are parts of it that are really impressive, and frightening and make me feel an even greater admiration for firefighters and emergency responders. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWGK4CiWxeM

I just drove this road last Sunday. It is so hard to believe that large portions of it are now gone. And it is only one of several canyons/areas that have met the same fate in the last few days. :cry:
And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    And it's raining again. :fp:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I am hoping that all my fellow Coloradoans are safe. I saw this video and although it is 8 minutes long, there are parts of it that are really impressive, and frightening and make me feel an even greater admiration for firefighters and emergency responders. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWGK4CiWxeM

I just drove this road last Sunday. It is so hard to believe that large portions of it are now gone. And it is only one of several canyons/areas that have met the same fate in the last few days. :cry:
    Bless those helping others there. What must it take of them.

Rain giveth, and rain taketh away. Nature for better or worse, I guess.

With you on those good thoughts...and you keep safe too.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Still raining here too.:-(
  • Options
    We sat at my son's football game yesterday, which seemed surreal considering the circumstances, and watched at least 8 chinook and black hawk helicopters flying over carrying people out. And the sun was shining yesterday. Now they are saying we are going to get 3-4 more inches. :nono:
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    You are in my prayers. Stay safe. Fire destroyed here, water there.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    FUCK!! Just lost the sump pump!! My house is flooding! I can't suck it up fast enough.. Annnnd still raining!
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    My son lives in Boulder, luckily no major problems where he is. Supposed to visit the end of October. Thoughts and prayers are with those affected.
  • Options
    My thoughts are with all those affected. It's amazing the destruction water can cause. Take care all.
  • Options
    My prayers are with all those people who lost their homes. Hoping the stream feet from our Colorado condo didn't overflow.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!