Beware Counterfeit Pearl Jam Tickets ( Brooklyn )

Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
edited October 2013 in The Porch
For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
platessmall.jpg
ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
http://www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Craigslist equals being a moron

Especially at $150 a pop

These scumbags prey on dummies...unfortunately there is no shortage of them
  • DONT EVER BUY TICKETS ON CRAIGSLIST!!!!
    What if it was a setup? Guy knows your coming with a shit load of $$$!

I bought bogus tickets to Wrigley through StubHub.
    No worse feeling then that Stop Beep sound at the gate.
    They gave me replacement tickets (how they had them I dont get) and refunded me 50% of total cost.
    96' Randalls island II
    98' NJ, MSG II
    00' Jones Beach I,II,III
    03' Nassau, MSG I, II
    05' Montreal, Ottawa, Borgata II
    06' NJ I, II
    08' Camden II, MSG II, Hartford, Beacon NY, Ed Ved NYC I
    09' Philly 4
    10' MSG I,II
    11' Ed Ved Hartford
    13' Chicago, Brooklyn II
    15' GCF NY
    16' Philly II, MSG I
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

My buddy got scammed by same crew. He is so pissed at himself! Everyone be aware!
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    as someone who has actually sold tickets at face value for a sold out show through craigslist, i have to say that it sucks that there are so many people on this planet that don't want to work and go through life doing things like this to rip off the average, honest individual - and that they think this is a valid way to make a living.

people like that guy are a plague on society.... it disgusts me that there's very little legal means to stop him from doing that again...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    edited September 2013
    surely there is grounds for at least investigating the threat to the producer.

Surely they could localize either his cell number, or his IP address.
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
  • Damn...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • That blows ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    DONT EVER BUY TICKETS ON CRAIGSLIST!!!!

They gave me replacement tickets (how they had them I dont get) and refunded me 50% of total cost.

Oh shit i just bought tix for Brooklyn ( 1.night )from Stubhub and now i´m kind of freaked that they can be bogus tickets ....
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    Warning bump
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    vest71 wrote:

Oh shit i just bought tix for Brooklyn ( 1.night )from Stubhub and now i´m kind of freaked that they can be bogus tickets ....

I wouldnt worry, stubhub has its guarantee

Get to the arena a little earlier for peace of mind....worst case scenario they have locations around the venue where they will get you similar seats
  • marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    About a month ago I emailed quite a few people on CL new York about tickets. I asked them all to send me pictures of the tickets front and back and I would only do a ebay with paypal transaction. Everyone who wrote me back said that would be a problem, and most didnt even write back
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • vest71 wrote:

dont worry. Goto the StubHub tent and they will provide you with tickets comparable to your purchase. I called and emailed after wrigley that they were not comparable to what I had purchased (like 10 rows back) which was fine. I got a 50% refund. If it happens youll still get in.
    96' Randalls island II
    98' NJ, MSG II
    00' Jones Beach I,II,III
    03' Nassau, MSG I, II
    05' Montreal, Ottawa, Borgata II
    06' NJ I, II
    08' Camden II, MSG II, Hartford, Beacon NY, Ed Ved NYC I
    09' Philly 4
    10' MSG I,II
    11' Ed Ved Hartford
    13' Chicago, Brooklyn II
    15' GCF NY
    16' Philly II, MSG I
  • tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Not shocked. Everyone be careful!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • bump this... that sucks. I've had both good and bad experiences on CL, and all good on Stubhub (which is how Im going to the BK shows now). Hope Im not ripped off, hate scum bags who do that shit...
    bump this... that sucks. I've had both good and bad experiences on CL, and all good on Stubhub (which is how Im going to the BK shows now). Hope Im not ripped off, hate scum bags who do that shit...

at least with Stubhub,
    despite getting raped, they guarantee the purchase.

I'd stay away from Craigslist all together, but thats just me.:)
    platessmall.jpg
  • mjd327mjd327 Posts: 138
    God...I'm nervous. I got a really good deal for 10/19. 100s section...not by the stage or anything (Facing the stage all the way across) but it was only $135 a ticket. That was really low.

Does Stubhub ALWAYS refund you? I mean what if there's no tickets left....if everything goes how can they...

I dunno I'm just really worried.

Im still looking for 10/18 tickets...Ive never seen them before so am planning to go to both, but Im a little worried about getting turned away at the door or something.
    mjd327 wrote:
    God...I'm nervous. I got a really good deal for 10/19. 100s section...not by the stage or anything (Facing the stage all the way across) but it was only $135 a ticket. That was really low.

Does Stubhub ALWAYS refund you? I mean what if there's no tickets left....if everything goes how can they...

I dunno I'm just really worried.

Im still looking for 10/18 tickets...Ive never seen them before so am planning to go to both, but Im a little worried about getting turned away at the door or something.

you should be fine with stubhub.
    worst case scenario- you get a monetary refund ( but lose out on seeing the show-s)
    just STAY AWAY from Craigslist.

Hope you get in for the show(s)
    platessmall.jpg
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    OK I bought someone's extra ticket from here for the PA show....how can I make sure its legit? He is in NYC and he sent it to me and I have the ticket at home. It looks legit but can I take it to like ticketmaster to double check??
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Spark28Spark28 Posts: 64
    Never buy tickets from Craigslist. It is also possible to buy fakes from StubHub unless the promoter or venue is working directly with the and will guarantee the tickets.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=353665
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    stubhub is no concern worst case scenario they try to replace the tickets and if they cant you will get your refund so in the end atleast your not out money you just might still not have tickets

but its much rarer to get fakes on stub anyway i have bought tickets off the site many times never an issue

my baltimore tickets for this tour was bought off stubhub
  • 2M2M Posts: 2
    Upon notification via email of being drawn for tickets, the email stated that "a final confirmation email will be sent 1 week prior to start of tour". Has anyone received that email yet?
  • bbisonbbison Posts: 215
    2M wrote:
    Upon notification via email of being drawn for tickets, the email stated that "a final confirmation email will be sent 1 week prior to start of tour". Has anyone received that email yet?

Got all 3 emails today...
    Is this where the show list goes?

11-26-91 / 8-2-92 / 3-15-94 / 7-9-95 / 7-11-95 / 8-29-98 / 9-1-00 / 10-25-03 
    10-23-04 / 10-22-06 / 10-9-09 / 10-23-10 / 10-3-12 / 7-9-13 / 10-21-13
    11-24-13 / 11-26-13 / 10-17-14 / 10-20-14 / 10-25-14 / 4-8-16 / 4-9-16
     4-28-16 / 4-29-16 / 8-20-16 / 8-22-16 / 8-10-18 / 8-18-18 / 8-20-18
  • ksmedksmed Posts: 28
    silver39 wrote:
    OK I bought someone's extra ticket from here for the PA show....how can I make sure its legit? He is in NYC and he sent it to me and I have the ticket at home. It looks legit but can I take it to like ticketmaster to double check??

Hit the back of the ticket with a cigarette or ...... Legit tickets are printed on heat-sensitive paper, The face of the ticket will show a burn mark almost instantly, while the back will not. Just be careful not to try this over the bar code, may affect the scanner.
    Hope this helps
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    The prices on stub hub ebay and tickets now are insane. Really.....Pj just needs to play the Northeast for a month to meet the demand. Crazy.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • lewmlewm Posts: 3
    does anyone have real tickets?? i was shut out for both fan club shows and ended up 5 rows from the roof.. (at least ticketmasters seats aren't counterfeit!!!) I'm looking for 2 tickets for either/both shows..thanks!!! lew
  • We talking about actual tickets, like the kind we used to get before computers or the ones that you print out on the printer that is sent to you in PDF form? I would think those PDF tickets would be easy to sell multiple times.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    watch out for Bernie Madoff BK scammers ;)
  • I got tickets for BK night 2 from someone of Craigslist for face value and they sent me the tickets from their ticketmaster account to mine through the ticket exchange. They are behind the stage.
  • Craigslist is sooo sketchy. Myself and 2 friends are desperately seeking tix to the Friday show. Tickets on Stubhub are $200 plus service fee for BEHIND the stage. We found what looked like a legitimate person on CList. He gave me his first name, told me he was training for the police academy. He wanted too meet up in Harlem (125th and Park), but then I told him I was too nervous to do that (walk around in Harlem with $600 in cash for 4 tix), and he agreed to meet me in midtown at my office. I was still feeling OK about him, but then I asked him twice for his FB and Linkedin account, and he ignored my requests. Final straw was when I told him I wanted to see the receipt plus his Driver's License, and he said his friend that had his DL was suspended, so he could not get it. I found a 2nd seller, and he also would not provide a FB or LinkedIn account. Needless to say, we still do not have tix -- :(

(and of course, if anyone has 2 or 3 tix to sell, I would love to buy them - I was once a Tenclub member, and somehow forgot to renew last year, so couldnt get into the draw for this year).