Options

Change ticket name to my twin's name-how?

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
edited October 2013 in The Porch
I will be recovering from open heart surgery in October, and I will not be able to go to the Baltimore concert. I would like my twin to have my tickets so that she can take my niece.

I would like to change the name on the ticket to my twin's name. What can I do to change the name? Is there a particular e-mail address I should use for this request?

Thank you!
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    just send a pic ID. don't even hassle with changing names cuz it prolly wount happen.
    my thoughts are with you for the surgery.
    Good luck.
    ~JzP
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I would just give your twin your drivers license.

I'm not sure the 10c will be able to swap out with you, but I would honestly hope they understand.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    fine i'll make the sacrafice and go as your twin sister :lol:

i actually agree with given, just give your twin your id. Do you two look a like?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    fine i'll make the sacrafice and go as your twin sister :lol:

i actually agree with given, just give your twin your id. Do you two look a like?
    Yep, we look alike, but if there isn't an e-mail address for these types of concerns, I will copy my id, and then write a note for my twin to pick up my tickets.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Just send her your ID and be at ease.
  • Options
    As others have said, save yourself the agrivation of changing anything or trying to deal with this. Your sister will be just fine with your id.
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Your best bet is to contact 10c: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->

Any responses you get on here will just be pure speculation. Be prepared for them to say no, though. Good luck with the surgery, and hope it all works out for you.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Man, im so sorry to hear about this surgery Ms. H... I hope it goes well and you have a quick recovery!

My first reaction was to just let your sister use your ID. I dont see the harm in that.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else, just give her your id. Especially if she is not a 10club member, she has no right to the tickets.

Take care of yourself.
  • Options
    I agree with most others here. If you try and get tickets switched, you will run into the most likely answer of "No, we are unable to transfer tickets as this is clearly stated in our ticketing policy, etc."

If you just give your ID to your sister, she will walk right up to the counter and hand them the ID and will get the tickets with no questions asked. Can/Would they really question someone who looks exactly like you with a valid ID? I don't think they would. And what questions could they ask that your sister wouldn't know?

I am a person that really likes following rules and guidelines, and when I don't, I feel bad about it. But in this case, you are doing nothing wrong at all (it might technically be against the rules, but no other policy is being violated here).

Just my opinion,
    Good Luck!
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    wishing you a speedy and easy recovery. keep us posted please on how you are doing
    -EV
  • Options
    My first reaction:

Don't contact anyone. If they tell you No, then what? In the slim chance they tell you yes and switch the names then your twin sister is going to bring her ID to pick up the tickets. The funny thing about her bring her ID is it's going to look just like yours, only with a different name and address.

If she looks like you, just give her your ID and I think you will be fine. I look at it like this----If I handed my valid ID to the Ten Club person at the window and they said..."Hold on, how do we know this isn't your twin?" I would be like "go to hell, the picture looks like me and it is a valid id."

They aren't going to fingerprint your sister to verify it is not you. Just make sure she knows the address you have on file with tenclub and that she has your tenclub number written down. Those could be the only two questions they could possibly ask her, in my opinion.

I hope you have a safe and speedy recovery from your procedure.

Joey Eakins
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    I wouldn't ask anyone about this; pretty sure 10c does not make exceptions like this. Your twin sister should just go and pretend to be you. Problem solved. Time for your sister to cash in on having a twin here! ;) Surely you guys read Sweet Valley High when you were kids! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Don't forget to send the credit card used to purchase the tickets
  • Options
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    I've never been asked to show a credit card.

But yeah you're wasting your time asking the 10C. The rules are very clear.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    i don't think you need a credit card. Anyone can pay for your tickets I believe.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    My surgery has been scheduled for November 14th. False alarm-I will be able to go to the show.

PSYCH! PSYCH! PSYCH!
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    They make exceptions for twins :o
  • Options
    I realized that I will be in the hospital while they are still touring. If I am able to hold my phone and I am not too tired I can follow the concert threads. That is something to look forward to!

Surgery is the 14th and I will be in 5-7 days.

Yippee!