*** Wrigley Field Fanviews Here 7/19/13 ***

Comments

• narnianarnia Posts: 635
    Redbubble.com is selling MYM shirts if anyone is looking for one.
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • JTVogelJTVogel Posts: 7
    Looking back, I have no problem with people using the word epic to describe this show.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the 24 hour days many PJ fans had to endure. I know myself(traveling from South Dakota) and my ticket buddy(from FLorida) had to get up at the crack of dawn in order to catch a somewhat early flight to Chicago so we could hang around Wrigley all day.

The Wrigley staff I dealt with were very nice. They helped us put our wristbands on when we walked in, and when they ran out of food during the delay they gave us hot dogs buns for free.

As mentioned in other fanviews, we got to meet amazing people from all over the country(and a super couple from Mexico City).

My only beef with the incredible night was that it zapped all my energy for the next day :D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    JTVogel wrote:
    Looking back, I have no problem with people using the word epic to describe this show.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the 24 hour days many PJ fans had to endure. I know myself(traveling from South Dakota) and my ticket buddy(from FLorida) had to get up at the crack of dawn in order to catch a somewhat early flight to Chicago so we could hang around Wrigley all day.

The Wrigley staff I dealt with were very nice. They helped us put our wristbands on when we walked in, and when they ran out of food during the delay they gave us hot dogs buns for free.

As mentioned in other fanviews, we got to meet amazing people from all over the country(and a super couple from Mexico City).

My only beef with the incredible night was that it zapped all my energy for the next day :D
    :thumbup:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    New level of respect for Mike, that is all.
    buck502000 wrote:
    New level of respect for Mike, that is all.
    i have no more to add..its above the sky-planet-universe already!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    It's weird but I'm still blown away by the show, kinda still reliving it all in my head. I still remember the many moments I had goose bumps during certain songs (I'm such a loser :D )
    marcos wrote:
    It's weird but I'm still blown away by the show, kinda still reliving it all in my head. I still remember the many moments I had goose bumps during certain songs (I'm such a loser :D )
    that Chloe-Crown moment killing my thoughts every single fuckin day
  • jmsjms Posts: 243
    I had a blast. If people ask me about the show I show them a picture I took at 2am. You can see the band still playing and the scoreboard clock. People just shake their head when I show them the lightning and tell the whole story. Getting out was tough but I can't wait til Seattle.
  • CO299CO299 Posts: 5
    ive got nothing to add, just posting to see if my account changes worked... which i'm guessing they still didnt
    Paramount Theater, NYC '94
    Philly '98
    MSG, NYC '98
    Dallas '00
    San Antonio '03
    Dallas '03
    Boston '04
    Dublin '06
    Bonnaroo '08
    Austin City Limits '09
    Wrigley Field, Chicago '13
    nice work there folks!! ;)
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I ride the train by Wrigley every day to and from work...never paid much attention to it before...now I pass by it with a huge SMILE! :mrgreen:

Such a memorable show!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    shout out to my wife...she's an Eddie fan, and some PJ stuff....dragged her from Boston, went to pre-party, hot as hell all day, rain delay, mammoth set anyway, never a hint she wanted me to take her out of there....thanks babe!!
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • vomikus39vomikus39 Posts: 250

Were you there Dimitri?
    Who the f*ck goes around skinning cats~~Ed

It all comes down to changing your head~~John Lennon

MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
  • RiredRired Rhode Island - Ocean State! Posts: 23
    How was eruption cover?
    "I would rather starve then eat your bread"
    Rired wrote:
    How was eruption cover?

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXEsZkLPVNc
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Kat wrote:
    The Fanview threads are only for Fanviews. Thank you for cooperating. You can make another topic for other discussions.

Huh?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    vomikus39 wrote:

Were you there Dimitri?
    yep..Mike side,GA
  • Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 199
    Anyone know how long it typically takes (if there is a "typical") for a bootleg to be released following a show? I'm literally checking everyday for the London and Wrigley shows. :corn:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    we have to go back!!!

now bring the bootleg!! :)
    :
    we have to go back!!!

iamica wrote:
    :
    we have to go back!!!

:)
  • thegerkthegerk Posts: 15
    ATTTN COME DOWN TOM!

Tom,
    Man!!! Congrats my friend! I can't believe the amount of proposals that happened at the show. Unfortunately, it was another couple. Best of luck friend!!!

I tried sending you a PM but your settings reflect you do not accept PMs. Another happily engaged couple at the PJ Wrigley Show!!!

If anyone has pictures of this engagement, please post for COME DOWN TOM!

Nick
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I'll never forget Eddie's face during this version, it really hit me hard as I lost my pops few years ago. A fellow board member lost her pop yesterday, wish she could have been there to see this version.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I want a fn boot damnit!!

:D
  • It took me a long time to get to my first PJ show, and I couldn't have picked a better one! I'm still buzzing about it over a month later and I'll probably never stop. It was so far above and beyond what I had hoped for. Rain/lightning delay didn't slow us or the band down and, looking back, it only made the night more special.

Setlist was perfect. Loved hearing some new material. Cready was a MAN ON FIRE all night long!! Rearviewmirror and Porch were bombshells. Only thing missing was Ernie Banks... OH WAIT!! He was there too.

Life Wasted would have been a worthy closer at that point of the night. But a beautifully eerie sing-along version of Black, followed by the stadium lights coming on for RITFW made it worthy of Wrigley. LEGENDARY NIGHT!

If I were a betting man, I'd be putting money down on the Cubs. The curse has been lifted, cause the G.O.A.T. finally came back to Wrigley!!
    It took me a long time to get to my first PJ show, and I couldn't have picked a better one! I'm still buzzing about it over a month later and I'll probably never stop. It was so far above and beyond what I had hoped for. Rain/lightning delay didn't slow us or the band down and, looking back, it only made the night more special.

Setlist was perfect. Loved hearing some new material. Cready was a MAN ON FIRE all night long!! Rearviewmirror and Porch were bombshells. Only thing missing was Ernie Banks... OH WAIT!! He was there too.

Life Wasted would have been a worthy closer at that point of the night. But a beautifully eerie sing-along version of Black, followed by the stadium lights coming on for RITFW made it worthy of Wrigley. LEGENDARY NIGHT!

If I were a betting man, I'd be putting money down on the Cubs. The curse has been lifted, cause the G.O.A.T. finally came back to Wrigley!!
    lovely post!!
  • Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 199
    we have to go back!!!

Just a thought.... PJ could be waiting to release the bootlegs until after Lightning Bolt is released. Probably don't want to interfere with or attenuate those sales.

Or, I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. :wtf:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    Dr. Matt wrote:
    we have to go back!!!

Just a thought.... PJ could be waiting to release the bootlegs until after Lightning Bolt is released. Probably don't want to interfere with or attenuate those sales.

Or, I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. :wtf:
    hahhaha..loved your post.."Wouldn't be the first time. :wtf: " :lol:
  • 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Just listening to Corduroy and forgot how unexpected that breakdown towards the end was. Pretty effing awesome.

We need more improv!
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
    Just listening to Corduroy and forgot how unexpected that breakdown towards the end was. Pretty effing awesome.

We need more improv!
    +1