Options

Owners' review on white EV zippo?

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
edited August 2013 in Lost Dogs
Posted this in the porch, but maybe it's better here .... I am considering getting one of the white stars and stripes EV Zippo, but I'm just wondering if someone who has one and has used it can tell me how the finish holds up. I have and use the chrome one, and the deco started flaking off almost immediately after I got it. So I'm worried that the white coating (what is it? Enamel??) might also have a habit of peeling off or chipping around the edges or something, or maybe the red and blue flakes or something. I don't want another one that looks like crap in a month. Can anyone tell me if there is a problem with the condition lasting with this zippo? Thank you very much! :wave:
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I work hard all day in construction and building and mine has two dings in it but its held up. And hasn't deteriorated after 3/4 years.
    Will stand behind it and guarantee you'll be delighted with it for many many years.
    One of the best merch items from this band ever.
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    I work hard all day in construction and building and mine has two dings in it but its held up. And hasn't deteriorated after 3/4 years.
    Will stand behind it and guarantee you'll be delighted with it for many many years.
    One of the best merch items from this band ever.
    Wow, that is a good endorsement! Have you considered doing testimonials for Zippo? :D Thanks for the reply - definitely helps my decision! :wave:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I know well how things are, but its what, 30 bucks?
    Rare these days that you get something for that money that'll last you for years.
    Get it. You'll only regret it if you don't.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    I think in the past Zippo would refurbish your lighter if it showed lots of wear. Not sure about the cosmetics but I believe they come with a life guarantee.
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    I know well how things are, but its what, 30 bucks?
    Rare these days that you get something for that money that'll last you for years.
    Get it. You'll only regret it if you don't.
    I think it was $40 from 10c (maybe $30), but they're going for more on the secondary market now, so that's why I am being cautious. :)
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    I think in the past Zippo would refurbish your lighter if it showed lots of wear. Not sure about the cosmetics but I believe they come with a life guarantee.
    They will fix it if it stops working for life, but won't fix wear and tear if it doesn't actually affect the function.
  • Options
    So I just bought one of these ( :D ), and it's really nice.... and, surprisingly to me, it's not at all white. It's a rich cream color. Much better than white! They really look white in every photo I've ever seen of them, so pleasant surprise.