Options

ISO A0 sized portfolio and sleeves-ideas and suggestions pls

Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
edited August 2013 in Lost Dogs
Hey Everyone,

I need to get my posters out of the tubes.

I've searched all my local (Australian) art and drafting supply stores in the hope of finding an A0 sized portfolio or even just the sleeves. I have asked if they can order them in, but they say they cannot.

My ideas so far:

Someone kindly buys the sleeves overseas and posts them to me and I reimburse them via PayPal.
Then make my own portfolio box myself.

Someone kindly buys both the portfolio and sleeves overseas and posts them to me, again being reimbursed via PayPal.

Other ideas welcome. I need to try keep costs as low as possible, as I don't have much money to spend.
Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    I can send you some sleeves...acid-free, 28 1/4 x 22 1/4 (roughly??) how many do you need? I can spare 30-40 or so....

-whitey
  • Options
    Thanks for the offer. That'll help with some of my posters, but I have a couple that are 36inch long :(
    I think I need 10 or so. Will let you know when I get home and look at my spreadsheet :)
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    PM sent
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    Thanks.

Anyone else have suggestions for making the portfolio box?!?
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    I recently bought the 24"x36" version of this(it was on sale for just over $100 and the sale pops up every few months from the thread on expressobeans). I also bought more sleeves to hold all of my prints:

http://www.aswexpress.com/wholesale/storage-and-presentation/portfolios-and-presentation-cases/stein-design-picturesque-presentation-cases/cases.html

I paid their new "membership price" as the sale price. Their new membership thing may get rid of the sales as the refill price for members is what I paid as the sale price as well.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    This is what I have as the cheapest and easiest 'storage' solution:

http://www.staples.com/Elmers-White-Cor ... uct_302919

I put acid-free paper between all of the prints, and keep it under the couch as they await the framers...works fine, keeps them flat, serves its purpose. Obviously does nothing from a display perspective, but, if the goal is to get them freed from tubes and stored flat, you can't get a cheaper and easier solution.
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19
    '15: 9/26
    '16: 4/8 4/9 4/11 4/28 4/29 5/1 5/2 8/5 8/7
    '17: RNRHOF 4/17
    '18: 9/2 9/4
    '21: 9/18
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone for ideas and help!
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I am confused with American paper dimensions :oops: But I got a Itoya profolio (sic) on amazon for a really good price to store my posters, and it fits the regular poster size. A couple are still sitting in tubes, but we framed quite a lot and the rest is just sitting in the portfolio / profolio till the funds for framing become available... I think it was the 18x24 one, it was around 30 dollars.
    I know it's not perfect, but very good for the time being. 48 posters fit in there.
  • Options
    I am confused with American paper dimensions :oops: But I got a Itoya profolio (sic) on amazon for a really good price to store my posters, and it fits the regular poster size. A couple are still sitting in tubes, but we framed quite a lot and the rest is just sitting in the portfolio / profolio till the funds for framing become available... I think it was the 18x24 one, it was around 30 dollars.
    I know it's not perfect, but very good for the time being. 48 posters fit in there.

Thanks Leezestarr.

My issue is that half my posters would fit in that, but the other half would be too big for it.
    And Amazon doesn't ship portfolios of that size to Australia :(
    I wish I had of bought my portfolio when I lived in the States :(
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    http://www.portfolio-store.co.uk/acatal ... olios.html I don't know if they ship to Australia, but they have A0 for not too expensive ...
  • Options
    http://www.portfolio-store.co.uk/acatalog/Plax_Portfolios.html I don't know if they ship to Australia, but they have A0 for not too expensive ...

Yeh they don't.
    Australia sucks for stuff like this it seems.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson