******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    interesting write up on the birds new 4 te package...

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/08 ... e-package/

Panthers1afinal.png

Panthers2a.png
    I can't wait for this season. I think Ertz will be a stud in the very near future. I also think this team can finish around 500. But If I had say a number i'd say 6 wins.

they might score 30 points a game...and give up 35 points per game. :lol: just wanna see them improve. 6 wins sounds about right. but i wouldn't be surprised if they won 4 again or 8 or 9 though.

they go db's, WE SMASH YOU!

The division is weak.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    and it's Vick week 1.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    JK_Livin wrote:
    and it's Vick week 1.
    Sadly he earned the job.
    Go Birds!!!!
    JK_Livin wrote:
    and it's Vick week 1.
    Sadly he earned the job.

All I can see are the turnovers once D's start blitzing in the regular season. Hopefully Chip will run the ball more frequently.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:
    and it's Vick week 1.
    Sadly he earned the job.

still don't understand why he's still on this team

oh well, hopefully he breaks his leg vs the jags
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    and it's Vick week 1.
    Sadly he earned the job.

All I can see are the turnovers once D's start blitzing in the regular season. Hopefully Chip will run the ball more frequently.

them leaning more on the run should reduce the turnovers. plus foles turned it over a lot last year too. reid had vick drop back to pass more often than at anytime in his career. that was a recipe for disaster. gonna be interesting to see him in this offense.

the way i look at it is the franchise qb of the future, most likely, is not on the roster right now and vick is still a better option than foles. plus they are not married to the guy with him only being on a 1 year deal. so if he somehow plays well and the eagles are one of those teams that come out of nowhere, awesome. if he plays poorly or gets hurt, then hand it over to foles or even barkley and see what they can do.

can't wait for september. been a loooong ass summer. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin wrote:

them leaning more on the run should reduce the turnovers. plus foles turned it over a lot last year too. reid had vick drop back to pass more often than at anytime in his career. that was a recipe for disaster. gonna be interesting to see him in this offense.

the way i look at it is the franchise qb of the future, most likely, is not on the roster right now and vick is still a better option than foles. plus they are not married to the guy with him only being on a 1 year deal. so if he somehow plays well and the eagles are one of those teams that come out of nowhere, awesome. if he plays poorly or gets hurt, then hand it over to foles or even barkley and see what they can do.

can't wait for september. been a loooong ass summer. :lol:

even if the eagles 'come out of nowhere', what is the best case scenario? a division title and first round playoff exit (for the record I don't think there is any chance of this happening, even in a shitty division)? which leads to vick staying even longer...meaning they aren't progressing.

I agree that this team doesn't have their qb of the future. best way to acquire that player is to stink and draft him (bunch of solid qb prospects in draft this year). Even if they stink they're better off going with foles and grooming him as the backup than they are being mediocre with vick. we already knows he blows, there is no point to having him on this team, let alone starting him. it will be funny if he has a few decent games and the dumb fan base inevitably jumps back on his bandwagon...'he's different this year!!'...'he's perfect for this offense!!'. No. He has always sucked, currently sucks, and always will suck. It's no coincidence the guy has won a grand total of two playoff games in his decade long debacle of an nfl career.
    I think the best way to get rid of Vick is for him to play. I'm looking forward to Rex on opening night :lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I think the best way to get rid of Vick is for him to play. :

Good point. I guess chip kelly didn't watch many eagles games over the last 3 years.
    I heard a Billy Davis interview yesterday. The hidden meaning of that statement is that he's the greatest DC of all time.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I heard a Billy Davis interview yesterday. The hidden meaning of that statement is that he's the greatest DC of all time.

wait until his press conferences

:D
    The Fixer wrote:
    Also Lane Johnson has the makings of an absolute stud at right tackle. Quite the contrast from the last offensive lineman this took in the first round.

comparing the 4th overall pick to someone taken at the end of the first round

sums up the eagles fan base

yeah. 1st round picks are supposed to make an impact immediately in the nfl regardless of where they are taken. obviously one selected 4th has more upside than one taken 23rd--i would have thought that did not need to be clarified with my post as we're all pretty knowledgeable. guess not.

not all first round picks make an immediate impact. that's a typical glen macknow type statement.

you really need to watch more sports and less tv/movies
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Sat needs to hurry.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

comparing the 4th overall pick to someone taken at the end of the first round

sums up the eagles fan base

yeah. 1st round picks are supposed to make an impact immediately in the nfl regardless of where they are taken. obviously one selected 4th has more upside than one taken 23rd--i would have thought that did not need to be clarified with my post as we're all pretty knowledgeable. guess not.

not all first round picks make an immediate impact. that's a typical glen macknow type statement.

you really need to watch more sports and less tv/movies

so andy reid didn't draft danny watkins with the hope that he would make an immediate impact? please explain that to us.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Sat needs to hurry.

Yes sir. Then just fast forward 2 weeks to opening night. There's nothing worse than the last preseason game.

GO
    BIRDS
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Sat needs to hurry.

Yes sir. Then just fast forward 2 weeks to opening night. There's nothing worse than the last preseason game.

GO
    BIRDS
    I'll be Playn Poker and watching the game. A couple of 60 minutes and my night will be complete.
    Go Birds!!!!
    going to be good to see peters back out there finally.
    get in. execute. stay healthy. get out....and then sit everyone who matters next week. :lol: GO BIRDS.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/08 ... s-jaguars/

Eagles-Jaguars Cheat Sheet: 10 Things To Watch
    Posted by Sheil Kapadia on August 23, 2013 at 12:12 pm | 195 Comments

1. Vick, tempo and the first-team offense

Over the past several weeks, we’ve debated just how much of his offense Chip Kelly is really unveiling during the preseason. I’m of the belief that when Week 1 rolls around, and the Eagles take the field against the Redskins, they’re going to be moving at a faster pace than we’ve seen so far.

If Saturday night is treated as a dress rehearsal, we could see Michael Vick and the first-team offense really push tempo for at least one drive. Against New England, the Eagles huddled and slowed it down with Vick. Last week, they went no-huddle and moved a little quicker. Look for the progression to continue against Jacksonville with the first-team offense expected to play at least the first half.

2. No. 71 gets back on the field

The last time Jason Peters played in a game was Jan. 1, 2012. The Eagles were closing out their season against the Redskins, finishing with a 34-10 win and an 8-8 record. Obviously, quite a lot has changed with this franchise since that game over 19 months ago.

Peters suffered a pair of Achilles’ injuries last offseason and dealt with a hamstring strain this summer. But the Eagles’ left tackle appears motivated and determined to prove he still has a few good years left at the age of 31.

Conditioning is a factor to watch with Peters. Because of the hamstring, he was somewhat limited, but still got in cardio work on the bike and the elliptical. Under normal circumstances, he would need some time to get re-adjusted to playing a full game. But that’s even more-so the case with the Eagles moving to an up-tempo offense. Peters said he’ll play three quarters. Kelly said it might be only two. Either way, his conditioning will be something to watch in this one and early in the season.

3. Lane Johnson in pass protection

Through the first two games, Johnson has looked like a beast in the run game and solid in pass protection. But there have been a few issues with the latter.

Against Jacksonville, the rookie will likely get matched up against Jason Babin. If there’s anything we know about the ex-Eagle, it’s that he could not care less about stopping the run and will be focused on getting after the quarterback on every snap. Saturday night will be a good chance to see how Johnson measures up in pass protection.

4. Looking for backup O-Linemen

The Eagles’ starters are set, and Allen Barbre seems to have solidified his hold on a backup spot. Dennis Kelly recently had back surgery, but the guess here is he’ll make the team out of the gate as well.

Beyond that, there are spots up for grabs – anywhere between one and three. Former first-round pick Danny Watkins played against the Patriots, but missed the Panthers game because of a concussion. He is squarely on the roster bubble entering Game 3. The Eagles will need to find a backup center. Julian Vandervelde appears to be the favorite, but he’ll have to hold off Dallas Reynolds and Matt Tennant.

Others looking to make an impression include tackle Michael Bamiro and undrafted free agent Matt Tobin.

5. James Casey in the passing game

The “move” tight end caught 111 balls in one season at Rice. One of the reasons he chose the Eagles as a free agent was because he was looking forward to more opportunities as a receiver.

But in the first two preseason games, Casey has been targeted just twice, coming up with one catch for 7 yards. We’ll see if he gets a couple more chances against Jacksonville.

6. Remembering Bryce Brown

T-Mac and I were talking about some under-the-radar players yesterday, and Brown’s name came up. The second-year running back has had a solid, but quiet, summer. He looked good against New England, but didn’t play against Carolina because of a quad injury. By all accounts, the Eagles are going to run the football a lot, or at least call plays that include a run option. LeSean McCoy is still the man, and Chris Polk has improved, but Brown’s going to be featured quite a bit as the No. 2 guy.

7. Sorting out the D-Line picture

Billy Davis has to settle on who he wants to start with the first-team defensive line alongside Fletcher Cox. So far, it’s been Isaac Sopoaga and Cedric Thornton. But Kelly and Davis have made it clear that the backups are pushing those two.

Bennie Logan has been impressive and has the versatility to play nose tackle or defensive end in a 3-4. Vinny Curry has been the Eagles’ most active defensive lineman. And Damion Square has had some nice moments as well.

Veteran Clifton Geathers has been somewhat quiet and is on the roster bubble.

8. Defining Boykin’s role

Davis has talked constantly about playing his best 11. But the Eagles’ new defensive coordinator sounded hesitant earlier this week when asked about starting Brandon Boykin on the outside and then moving him to the slot in nickel situations. Once again, the second-year player will likely start out as the nickel corner and then play outside with the second unit against the Jaguars.

The likelihood is still that the Eagles start Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher on the outside in Week 1. But Boykin will get one final chance to convince Davis that he deserves an opportunity.

9. Waiting on backup LBs

We know DeMeco Ryans and Mychal Kendricks will start on the inside, but the Eagles lack depth behind them. Undrafted free agent Jake Knott was good against New England, but the coaches would like to see more out of the rookie in the event that he has to step in due to injury.

Others like Casey Matthews, Jamar Chaney and Emmanuel Acho are on the bubble. This is another area where the Eagles could add a player or two after other teams make their cuts.

10. Can Allen hold on?

The Eagles seem to have one safety position nailed down with Patrick Chung. The free agent from the Patriots played well against Carolina and already seems to have established himself as the best tackler in the Eagles’ secondary.

But the other spot remains a mystery. This is an area where we likely won’t know who’s going to start until the days leading up to the Redskins game. Nate Allen will run with the first team to begin the game vs. Jacksonville. But Kenny Phillips (if healthy) or Earl Wolff could also rotate in.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Nate Allen cannot play in this league. He's too soft...black sean consadine.

Eagles should sign Da'Rick Rogers, who just got cut by buffalo. Dude was a beast at Tennessee before he got in trouble and ended up at Tennessee Tech. Their WRs aren't good enough, dude is worth taking a flyer on.
    poor kolber....looks like his career might be over. almost feel sorry for him. but then i think of all the money he received for doing nothing. seriously, if this is it for him, what an odd career:

sits behind donovan for a few years. andy reid declared him the starter and gave him $12 million guaranteed before the 2010 season, then benched him after one half of football and traded him to the cardinals after the season....the cardinals promptly guaranteed him $20 million dollars. he plays poorly, suffers a concussion and misses the 2nd half of the season. last year john skelton beat him out in training camp...now this latest concussion may end his career and allows matt lienart a way back into the league. strange ride through the nfl for the kolber...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    The Fixer wrote:

Eagles should sign Da'Rick Rogers, who just got cut by buffalo. Dude was a beast at Tennessee before he got in trouble and ended up at Tennessee Tech. Their WRs aren't good enough, dude is worth taking a flyer on.

Rogers is AIDS.

The Bills will still have to cut 2 WRs better than Rogers. And its the Bills. There will be much better.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Rogers is AIDS.

The Bills will still have to cut 2 WRs better than Rogers. And its the Bills. There will be much better.

Dude was better than the more highly touted justin hunter at Tenn. Rogers has issues, but the eagles need WRs (and fragile DeLoser hasn't even gotten hurt yet)...he is talented enough to take a flier on.

Who are the bills going to cut that's better? Find that really hard to believe.

On another note, glad to see my boy chris polk having a good camp. Love that dude
    They have had pretty much every WR on the roster put up a great camp and look good in preseason games. One of the focuses have been the deep battle at WR (at least was a focus before the entire season went up in flames).

Brandon Kaufman
    Marcus Easley
    Brad Smith
    Chris Hogan
    Terrell Sinkfield
    Kevin Elliott (torn ACL)

are all probably shooting for 2 spots. The thought around town is most wont make it to the practice squad (will be claimed).
    MayDay10 wrote:
    They have had pretty much every WR on the roster put up a great camp and look good in preseason games. One of the focuses have been the deep battle at WR (at least was a focus before the entire season went up in flames).

Brandon Kaufman
    Marcus Easley
    Brad Smith
    Chris Hogan
    Terrell Sinkfield
    Kevin Elliott (torn ACL)

are all probably shooting for 2 spots. The thought around town is most wont make it to the practice squad (will be claimed).

Don't know most of them. Did hogan go to ASU?? Easley OSU?? Can say that Brad Smith is a waste of a roster spot for a rebuilding team like the bills. If I were a fan that's exactly the type of player I wouldn't want (like vick with the eagles). Give me the young guys with upside (rogers) over the vets who you already know can't play...every single time
    I have been beating the Brad Smith drum since the signing, dont worry.

Guy does sooo many things though is the justification. They never add that he sucks at all of those things.

Definitely has more use than Rogers though.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I have been beating the Brad Smith drum since the signing, dont worry.

Guy does sooo many things though is the justification. They never add that he sucks at all of those things.

Definitely has more use than Rogers though.

Rogers is a beast physically. I'd much rather have that type of player than a filler like brad smith.

I googled a few of the names above. Hogan is the guys from hard knocks a few years ago. he's a slow white guy.

Anyway, I'm glad the bills got rid of rogers. I'm hoping the birds bring him in for a look.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2540179
    i think kendricks and barwin have looked good this summer. trent cole looks like shit in coverage though.

here's a cool article on all the stuff they're having barwin do. he was all over the place on saturday:

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/08 ... -to-focus/
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    i think kendricks and barwin have looked good this summer. trent cole looks like shit in coverage though.

here's a cool article on all the stuff they're having barwin do. he was all over the place on saturday:

too bad he can't play safety. it can't be this difficult to find competent safeties can it?

Kendricks has the chance to be a beast. excited to see his development this year.

this defense is still gonna suck. should be fun games though when every game is 35-30.

Bryce Brown is going to fumble his way out of playing time. at least when he has the ball it's rarely dull.
    Eagles O/U for wins is 7.5. Seems way too high

I'm a fan of good pumpkin beer. I'm not picky when it comes to beer (only stuff I don't really like is any version of sam adams, regular heineken, leinenkugel summer shandy, and miller high life), but there are some really shitty pumpkin beers out there. Blue Moon pumpkin ale is one of the worst beers I have ever tasted.

I'm all about the fall/winter beers. Glad summer is just about over...especially since the phillies are an absolute disgrace
    pjhawks wrote:

too bad he can't play safety. it can't be this difficult to find competent safeties can it?

Kendricks has the chance to be a beast. excited to see his development this year.

this defense is still gonna suck. should be fun games though when every game is 35-30.

Bryce Brown is going to fumble his way out of playing time. at least when he has the ball it's rarely dull.

yeah they have not had a good safety since dawk. been a black hole of a position for the last 5 years now. pretty crazy if you think about it.

i felt kendricks wasn't utilized well last year. they had him on the tight end too much. time to unleash him on the quarterback.

regarding pumpkin ales: why anyone would try anything from blue moon is beyond me. drinking smuttynose pumpkin ale tonight. not bad. little more sour than most other pumpkin ales. almost like a pale ale brewed with pumpkin. good stuff.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    i felt kendricks wasn't utilized well last year. they had him on the tight end too much. time to unleash him on the quarterback.

regarding pumpkin ales: why anyone would try anything from blue moon is beyond me. drinking smuttynose pumpkin ale tonight. not bad. little more sour than most other pumpkin ales. almost like a pale ale brewed with pumpkin. good stuff.

Yeah, they should have put their other great cover LBs on the tight ends last year. Hopefully your boy connor 'barlow' can do a better job this year. :lol:

you're right about blue moon...point was not all pumpkin beer is good. I like trying new beers, but I can't stand the beer snob crowd. 'Oh look at me, I have this obscure beer.' Turds. Most of the time I will order a beer, then forget what I'm drinking after the first sip because I don't care. I enjoy trying beers, but I'm not one of those beer douches who's gonna tell people what they should or shouldn't be drinking.