Options

Big Day Out

pmosespmoses Posts: 12
edited November 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
All I can say is that there better be a side show. Not fucking happy.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DD153557DD153557 Posts: 1
    Agreed. Not very happy about the news.
  • Options
    Better be a whole farkin lot of em!
  • Options
    Side shows please......

We wait years to see these legends and then we have to see them with 15 year olds on UDLs running/bumping into you!
  • Options
    SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

another fly in fly out tour cant wait to have some drunk dick pissing on me watching our fav band
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • Options
    Side shows please......

We wait years to see these legends and then we have to see them with 15 year olds on UDLs running/bumping into you!
    yep cant wait
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • Options
    pmoses wrote:
    All I can say is that there better be a side show. Not fucking happy.

+1
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • Options
    +1

I hope PJ realise BDO is a nothing but a cesspool of drunk teenagers pissing all over the place. Nice way to alienate the majority of your Aussie fans. Sideshows please!
  • Options
    +1

I hope PJ realise BDO is a nothing but a cesspool of drunk teenagers pissing all over the place. Nice way to alienate the majority of your Aussie fans. Sideshows please!
    Kind of makes Ten Club memberships a bit redundant too. This is a complete joke. I hope they come to their senses. I'm not going.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Am I correct that 185 Australian is about $160 USD? That's a lot for one day, especially if you're only in it for one band.
  • Options
    JH73723JH73723 Posts: 2
    Another +1 for a sideshow here too.

Please, oh please do sideshows. I am almost in tears at the thought of having to go to the frigging BDO again.

And seeing as Mudhoney are coming out too... you know, support slot and all :D
  • Options
    stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Yeah, pretty unhappy mood at our house right now. I have zero interest in seeing any of the other bands listed - and at $185 per ticket it's a pretty expensive exercise if we did decide to brave the morons and go.

It's a festival - that means an entire day securing our spots so that it is worth being there, in most likely 40 degree (or close to it) temps in Perth at the start of Feb, listening to shit that at least for some of the 'artists' I wouldn't even call music.

Then there are the drunken, wasted off their heads teenagers who make up the vast majority of the audience. Kids who are there because it's cool to be there, not because they have a love of any music but just because it's a chance to get wasted and sunburnt and act like a general brainless moron, relatively without consequences.

It will be obnoxious to say the least, downright painful and so totally not worth it, even for this band. I love love love Pearl Jam, but I am so devastated that they have sold out so badly. No side shows, they are very obvious it seems, about the fact that they are ONLY in it for the money these days.

Too bad, they are going to lose a lot of fans I think. Not the people who are willing to almost bankrupt themselves for the band, but the normal people who understand that actual life, family, friends and responsibility need to come before forking out ridiculous amounts of money to see a band that is only a shadow of it's former self - those are the people who will walk away.

Really very disappointed right now.
  • Options
    piltzypiltzy Posts: 8
    So fucking pissed off....... If knew this shit was on i would have got 10c tickets in the states somewhere and flew there to see a decent gig rather than going through cavity searches for drugs to sit in the heat all day watching possibly 3 bands i could give a fuck about seeing to see a 40 min set by my favourite band........... Fuck My Life.......
  • Options
    Bex1073Bex1073 Posts: 15
    At first I was like super excited but then realised that I would have to share the event with snotty nosed teenagers sloshed out on teenybopper premixed drinks :roll: If it was just PJ on solo tour I would pay $185 at the drop of a hat but I doubt I will go especially if there will b no side shows....standing out in the 40 degree heat to snag a spot til they come on...no interest to see any of the other lineups...a upset really :cry:
    ...when music sux put a little bit of Eddie on it....
  • Options
    lowrawlowraw Posts: 1
    Fantastic birthday present PJ coming to Australia but BDO really?
    Like most Ten Club members I'm far too old to be around drunk 17 year olds.
    Please have side shows, as I wont be paying over $1000 for tickets, airfares and accommodation for BDO but would pay now for a proper show, better yet come to Tassie!!!
  • Options
    ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    In terms of melbourne rod laver arena is unavailable for side shows in jan.
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
  • Options
    Princess KJPrincess KJ Posts: 442
    Sucks
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• Options
    kel.ckel.c Posts: 6
    ZimzuM wrote:
    In terms of melbourne rod laver arena is unavailable for side shows in jan.

This is a just cause to cancel the tennis surely?
  • Options
    ozjam75ozjam75 Posts: 5
    I have seen PJ every year that they have come to Australia, the first being Eastern Creek in Sydney all those years ago. I am terribly upset and disappointed to hear that they are playing BDO and at my age I refuse to put up with all the drunken yobbos all day to see them come on at 8 or 9 pm at night. This is not your fan base PJ. I hope either they or their promoters have a reality check and play side shows in every state. I'm pretty sure that there are many loyal 10C fans that have stuck with them through all the ups and downs that won't be attending if this doesn't happen. Unfortunately this one included.
  • Options
    J CJ C Posts: 5
    "My favourite band are touring and I am not happy" Take a long hard look at yourselves folks. Yes the Big Day Out can be a pain in the butt and has suffered a drought of talent in recent years, I stopped going a couple of years ago after tiring of long hot days, insane queues for toilets and food and a crowd of self-centred Bogan scum ruining my day. That said, we have a real opportunity here. Having actual bands like Pearl Jam, Blur, Arcade Fire, Mudhoney etc. will likely attract a crowd of likeminded folk and therefore change the tone and atmosphere of this event. If instead of crying, we all went out and purchased tickets, come 2014, we would not find out be surrounded by 19 year old fluro singlet wearing pill heads but rather a mass of real music enthusiasts. I personally have seen Pearl Jam several times and am really excited about seeing them in a festival setting. This will be a new experience for me and something I am really looking forward to. Think of it like this: Peal Jam play (insert venue here) with support from Blur, Arcade Fire, and an assload of other great acts. That is rad.
  • Options
    ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    They should take this chance to do a 10c show at smaller venues, eg festival hall in melb!
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
  • Options
    So Ten Club has a presale but no special conditions other than you get to secure a ticket earlier. Than the general public. Is it worth taking the risk with the hope that something more might come out of it . . . But I doubt it!
  • Options
    belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    :D:D:D:D:D:D PEARL JAM! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D
    VENUE IS JUST DETAILS..................YAY PEARL JAM!
  • Options
    pmoses wrote:
    So Ten Club has a presale but no special conditions other than you get to secure a ticket earlier. Than the general public. Is it worth taking the risk with the hope that something more might come out of it . . . But I doubt it!

In the same boat. I'm married with a young baby so my days of spending a fortune going to every concert are over so $185 is quite a lot. But I'll be getting a ticket in the pre-sale. There will be no shortage of buyers if you want to get rid of a BDO if they announce sideshows.
  • Options
    Hey guys, don't ever post on here but just felt like I've got to jump in amongst my fellow PJ lovers and add a +1 for a sideshow. I'm so disappointed that they're doing BDO, I don't want to hang around amongst non fans and people there for other bands. I don't want to pay $185 for my favourite band playing a non solo show. I would pay this if it was just for them. I guess I'll have to just go and listen from outside the gates and hang out at the beaches here in Perth in the hopes of running into them!!
    "In fact, punk rock means exemplary manners to your fellow human being. Fuck being an arsehole" - Joe Strummer.

Instagram: pipingroller
    Facebook: Eden Sandwell
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,699
    Soundgarden played Big Day Out 2012 and RHCP played BDO this year, so I'm not surprised that it's Pearl Jam next year.

The email I got from BDO said there will be no other shows so Big Day Out here I come! :)
  • Options
    pj diseasepj disease Posts: 14
    Well pearl jam you can go f$$k yourselves. Never missed a tour but will this time. When Eddie was sick in Sydney last tour he said he would make it up to us. How's this making it up to us? Big day out is a farce and $185 is a bit rude. It will be a cluster f$$k of mighty proportions to get close to the stage. Then there are the pinheads that will shout for Jeremy all set cause that's the only song they know. I know the guys have family's so try to keep the os tous short but the bdo? So with a mortgage, two kids and reduced hours at work, moneys tight. If I had some time to save I might think of going, but one days notice for real? I'm going to wait for the side shows. And for those that say that the big day out have said no side shows, well ken west is a mug and a liar so I won't trust a thing he says
    newey 06 best show ever, sydney bdo 2014 close second
  • Options
    JJ7JJ7 Posts: 12
    Is there a presale on ten club or do we just buy through usual outlets? Any info much appreciated x
  • Options
    hel78hel78 Posts: 21
    I've been a fan since 1991 and until now have never been able to get to a PJ show for one reason or another - mainly financial & geographical reasons. Im now 35 and the last place I wanna be standing when seeing my all-time favourite band playing is crushed between some yobbo teenagers who'd be more likely to assault me than sing along to Given To Fly. Being at the BDO, all any real fans would be able to hear is the masses of drunken idiots yelling out "Jeremy' or "Evenflow" all thru the set cos they've never heard any other PJ songs - to them Pearl Jam was a 90's grunge band thats cool to say you like cos it's retro or some crap like that. To your loyal fans, Pearl Jam is a band of 5 of the greatest artists of our time, who have consistently produced music & stayed true to their musical visions for over 20 years and who are known for looking after their true fan base. Dissapointing that true Aussie fans are getting a shit deal this time, having to suffer through the Big Day Out just to see PJ perform after waiting patiently for their return. Please do something about side shows & PLEASE don't forget about West Aussies if u do do side shows :(
    Can't buy what I want because it's FREE!!!
  • Options
    hel78hel78 Posts: 21
    Maybe all us Aussie 10C members need to band together at the BDO's somehow & try to create our own 10c member area. At least there'd be safety in numbers & we might stand a chance of enjoying the shows amongst the drunken teenage crowds :) Not happy bout the BDO thing, but still going just to see PJ & Mudhoney
    Can't buy what I want because it's FREE!!!
  • Options
    ScannersScanners Posts: 2
    What a joke! I know its PJ but going through all the BDO bullsh*t is not worth it. Aussie tenclub members need sideshows!