Options

Camden Posters

simkin7074simkin7074 Posts: 249
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
With all the negative poster issues that have popped up here, I wanted to share my positive experience tonight at Camden 2. Got to the Tweeter Center in what I assumed would be plenty of time to grab the poster, but watched as each of the first 3 merch stands I went to sold out in front of me. Was talking with a friend about not getting one and a woman told us that she had just gotten one inside the pavillion. Ran over to the stand to discover that they had a stack of them left. Unfortunately with all the line jumping going on, the pile kept getting smaller, and just before I got to the front, the last one was sold. I had been talking with one of the girls on line and she had the guy she was with snag the last one for me. They didnt even charge me any extra for it! It all happened so quick and I was so surprised that I never even introduced myself or caught their names. Long story short, if you guys are reading this thanks again and I hope you enjoyed your Yuenglings and the great show.

Point is, even with all the crazy people buying up the posters for all the wrong reasons, there are still folks looking out for one another out there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    atomickidcupatomickidcup Posts: 209
    I was in line to by a poster in Camden and the guy at the merch. stand was selling 3, 4, 5 at a time. The guy in front of me was getting his cash together and was telling is buddy how many he was going to buy, when I overheard I asked him "How many?!?!" he said he was going to buy eight!!! I am a laid back guy but I had to tell him what a "DICKHEAD" he was. Well some guy from the PJ team was right at the side of the merch stand and must have overheard our words and saw how many posters this guy was selling at a time, so he went over and explained that there was a one per person limit (the sign stated it) and that he only allowed to sell ONE POSTER at a time. The merch. guy argued with him for a short while untill the PJ guy said he would talk to his boss and then he agreed. Well we all heard what was going on and the DICKHEAD in front of me still asked for 8 when it was his turn... he got 1!!! and I got 1 and many others would get one if people wouldn't abuse the rules.
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    Props to the fan who helped the guy behind Toni and I get his Camden I poster. He was so damned greatful. It was so clear in his eyes.

Whoever you are, that rocked.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.