Options

Hard core vinyl collectors only!

bellosjambellosjam Posts: 288
edited July 2013 in Lost Dogs
I have a '67 Velvet Underground and Nico unpeeled banana stereo vinyl for sale, $125. Cover has wear, I guess I would grade it as good. Vinyl is good with some pops on the first song on side one. No skips. Banana is unpeeled but with a horizontal cut across the top. I can send pics if interested.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    Very nice. Best of luck in your sale
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,759
    edited July 2013
    Is the back censored? or does it show the torso?
    Post edited by mookeywrench on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Back is censored :(
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Where were you when I was offering up Lost Dogs for this?! One of my favorite psych albums! I feel like owningthis is like owning a tiny Warhol! During production the bananas did not go on correctly by machine. Workers had to put on the bananas by hand.

Is it stereo? Most likely is because the mono versions have the uncensored back..."torso version."

At first the backs were covered with a hype sticker and progressed into the back being airbrushed out.

Best of luck with this! My copy is beautiful, vinyl wise but the cover has seam splits...but the banana is still unpeeled.
    I would say you are pretty much on the money with price.

Have any other psych albums?! :D
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Did you know...this album does not fit in a normal size album frame! I like to display some of my albums but cannot with this one. This album shares the same oversize problem as some PJ albums...mainly No Code.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    I'm glad you were able to find a copy. I stumbled across this copy awhile back and bought it mainly for the Warhol factor. I haven't tried to frame it yet but thanks for the heads up on the framing issue.