Options

London Set List thoughts...

jen.ryanjen.ryan Posts: 339
edited July 2013 in The Porch
am i wrong for saying.... eh

I was not there - but looking it over it is a great open and close with Present Tense and Indifference.....love it.

But just from the set list itself, was the show anything special? any special versions? IE Slow Lukin from MSG2?
Special guests?

Was this purely a warm up for Wrigley?
1992 - Saratoga Springs NY 8/4/ (Lollapalooza)
1996 - Buffalo NY 10/1
1998 - New York (MSG) 9/11
2000 - Saratoga Springs NY 8/27/
2006 - New York (Ed Sullivan Theater) 5/4, Albany NY 5/12, Boston MA 5/24
2008 - Hartford CT 6/27 Mansfield MA 6/28
2010 - Hartford CT 5/15/10, New York (MSG) 5/21/10
2013 - WRIGLEY! 7/21 Worcester MA 10/16, Hartford CT 10/25
2015 - Philly 4/28, Philly 4/29, Fenway 8/5
Eddie Solo
Boston Opera House 8/2/08, Albany Palace Theatre 6/9/09

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,564
    That set list looked pretty entertaining to me. I don't think it was a "warm up" other than it's taking place before Wrigley. I think the band gave them their money's worth and then some.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    bigmattk11bigmattk11 Posts: 284
    Agreed. The set was awesome in my opinion. It was all over the place. Sad, alone, In Hiding, parachutes!!!, and Man of the Hour. Still taking chances they are.
    I got some if you need it.

5/20/06 Cleveland 6/24/06 Cincinnati 5/6/10 Columbus 5/7/10 Indiana 5/9/10 Cleveland 5/10/10 Buffalo 6/26/11 EV Detroit 9/3-4/11 Alpine Valley WI 9/11-12/11 Toronto 2011 Atlanta 2012
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I wish Unthought Known could be dropped from future sets.All in All looked solid.Needed some Animal.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Present Tense and Nothingman as your first 2. That's pretty fucking awesome.

Interested to hear what Corduroy sounded like. Alone, Parachutes and Man Of The Hour look like the rare ones. Encore 2 looks fairly standard, Brain Of J aside.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Nice mix. If I was there I would have loved it!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,495
    looks great on paper
  • Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    jen.ryan wrote:

I was not there - but looking it over it is a great open and close with Present Tense and Indifference.....love it.

But just from the set list itself, was the show anything special? any special versions? IE Slow Lukin from MSG2?
    Special guests?

Are you insane? Sickest setlist! I'm so freaking jealous of that setlist!
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    jen.ryan wrote:

Special guests?

Was this purely a warm up for Wrigley?[/quote

What a joke!! One new song and you have to wait 3 months for the rest of the new album. Make me PUKE songs like Just breathe, and Last Kiss should forever be banished....
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,662
    I think what it is is that the main setlist was pretty amazing, but the encores were meh (except brain of j and MOTH). When we got alone, sad, present tense, etc all in main set, the people around me and myself were all like "holy hell these encores are going to be amazing if we're getting these songs now" and then it was just ok.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    rawpixels wrote:
    jen.ryan wrote:

Special guests?

Are you insane? Sickest setlist! I'm so freaking jealous of that setlist!

Right?? It's incredible!!

Go read the set relay thread - people were losing their shit reading song titles on a glowing rectangle!

It was draw-dropping, plain and simple.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    rr165892 wrote:
    I wish Unthought Known could be dropped from future sets.

I wish that you would not post statements like this.

I love unthought known and would happily listen to it at every show I go to on the fall tour.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    I dont mean to sound so cliche, but all pearl jam's set lists are great. London was meh I guess in terms of pj... but you get your own unique flavor and memories out of it. Im not so sure I would prefer the present tense/nothingman opening though. Usually like a little more 'balls' in the beginning. That and it will be remembered for being the alone/parachutes show. Also the 1st mind your manners ever. Good show. Doesnt approach the top echelon imo but still the best ticket in music.

I do kind of wish just breathe would go away as an encore staple.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,765
    I think it's a great setlist. Only weak spots for me would be Man of the Hour, Come Back and Parachutes.

I'm bummed they played "Alone" because I was really hoping for that at Wrigley and it's doubtful now.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    johnmc1976johnmc1976 Florida Posts: 315
    watching the video this morning and reading the setlist post from last night. Major pumped for Friday! Great concert last night and left the door wide open for Wrigley.................
    00' Noblesville, IN 03' Lexington, KY, 13' Wrigley
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    Amazing setlist and it was a very high energy show
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    30song concert set and 2hrs 45min.......very good. hoping they bust the 3hr mark Friday!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    rr165892 wrote:
    I wish Unthought Known could be dropped from future sets.All in All looked solid.Needed some Animal.

Unthought Known should be on EVERY set list.

I thought it was a very good set list.

To each his own I guess.
  • Options
    I agree about Unthought being on every night and Given to FLY. they just get the crowd going and the band too. Not For You tooo. Gets me going everytime :lol::lol::lol::clap:
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,274
    awesome setlist for me if only i was there
    danny d
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Lot of songs I'd love to hear Friday, (nothingman, I got shit, alone, in hiding, and smile), all now long shots pretty much for Friday, although I know we'll get a great show. As far as disappointments, I think it was that it was a night with Pearl Jam and no opener. Probably being selfish, but I think most people thought they'd play longer than 2 hrs 45 min and 31 songs because of this. Plenty of normal PJ shows w/ opener are about this long. Again most bands out there don't play for even close to this long, so we truly are spoiled and I appreciate it. I'll gladly take whatever they play but am certainly hoping for 3+ hours Friday. Just my 2 cents. The band will do as they please and I'm sure I'll love it regardless.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Never judge a setlist on paper.....

Sometimes a show that could be classed as 'greatest hits' can be better than a show packed with rarities.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Looks great, Can't wait to hear the bootleg
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,659
    Get_Right wrote:
    looks great on paper

It was even better in person!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Great set! Looking forward to the bootleg!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    After following the twitter feeds during the show and seeing the setlist...I thought this place would be blowing up with how great a show it was.

I expect people bitching about the lottery or shipping prices etc...but bitching about your favorite bands current live show when they are still slaying it???? I don't get it.

People dissapointed with the encores because the main set was so epic???? Again, I don't get it.

I realize that anyone can have any opinion they want...and I respect that, but keep in mind, most bands would be playing every song off Ten every single show. We get the FULL cataloge with a few hits mixed in.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    jvoorheesjvoorhees Langley, BC Posts: 199
    Awesome set list!!!!!!
    05/11/2000, Vancouver, BC
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    PH20 wrote:
    After following the twitter feeds during the show and seeing the setlist...I thought this place would be blowing up with how great a show it was.

I expect people bitching about the lottery or shipping prices etc...but bitching about your favorite bands current live show when they are still slaying it???? I don't get it.

People dissapointed with the encores because the main set was so epic???? Again, I don't get it.

I realize that anyone can have any opinion they want...and I respect that, but keep in mind, most bands would be playing every song off Ten every single show. We get the FULL cataloge with a few hits mixed in.

Couldn't agree more. I was there and the show was awsome. Sometimes I think we just like to bitch and I don't get it. Hey why don't they just do a standard 18 -20 song same set list night after night like alot of other bands and artists do. Then atleast no one will complain right? You won't be suprised or disapointed and know exactly what you are going to hear. Then you won't have to go to more than one show and not care where you see them because it's all a carbon copy. That would be way better now wouldn't it .... :fp:
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    jen.ryan wrote:

Special guests?

I've NEVER seen Stone more aggressive and he solos were incredible during Not for You and Unthought Known.

Aren't all shows just another show in the end?

I'm sure there were 50 people who loved it, 50 who hated it and 50 who love Indifference.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Tboz51 wrote:
    jen.ryan wrote:

Special guests?

I've NEVER seen Stone more aggressive and his solos were incredible during Not for You and Unthought Known.

Aren't all shows just another show in the end?

I'm sure there were 50 people who loved it, 50 who hated it and 50 who love Indifference.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    Set list opinions are strictly subjective unless it's a "greatest hits" compilation. Why do people feel the need to judge? I thought it was a killer set list, and I don't need anyone to verify or tell me otherwise...