London Set List thoughts...

13»

Comments

• Markiemark70Markiemark70 Posts: 103
    Man you had to be there to appreciate something else other than the setlist (which was awesome to me): the band was absolutely fired up and so excited to be playing. I have seen them 15 times going back to 93 and I have never seen them this fired up!!

If you guys get the same energy in Chicago trust me the songs won't matter so much. I think we are in for a hell of a tour, and now I'm just sad that I won't be going to any more shows (unless they squeeze in a Toronto date somewhere!!!)
  • SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    Looks like a nice warmup for WRIGLEY FIELD !!!!!!!!!
    Love is all you need.....
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,406
    jen.ryan wrote:
    am i wrong for saying.... eh

I was not there - but looking it over it is a great open and close with Present Tense and Indifference.....love it.

But just from the set list itself, was the show anything special? any special versions? IE Slow Lukin from MSG2?
    Special guests?

Was this purely a warm up for Wrigley?

I thought the show and setlist were great last night. Corduroy and Daughter were slightly altered in a good way. I was fortunate enough to be on the floor last night with nice 10C tickets. IMO, I think the vast majority of the attendees last night didn't consider the show a warm-up for Wrigley..... the band was full of energy and sweating profusely like everyone else. I thought the sound was excellent in the smaller rink last night, superior to the sound I experienced at any of the MSG shows from 2003 - 2010 or any other NHL arena..... and yes, Slow Lukin was a treat that night. Enjoy the music and shows.
  • Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    Also not sure how much this has been pointed out, but there were a bunch of video cameras in the security pit in front of the stage. Wouldn't say it was enough to be doing a DVD, but there were atleast three cameras in front, maybe to have a look at the new stage set up or something.

Anyways, great show.
    Did I read somewhere they had a big screen? I would assume the cameras were for that. Or, if they didn't have a screen up, the camera operators may have been using the London show to practice for Wrigley. I'm sure that in the stadium environment, PJ will use video screens, even though they tend to eschew them in most of their arena shows.

Now, if I get to Wrigley and see a camera on a crane rig, I'll be confident there's a DVD in the offing. Otherwise, it'll probably just be cameras for live big-screen usage.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    I think Wrigley Field will be more greatest hits based with some gems and maybe guests thrown in. This show was like a love letter to the 10C people. rare songs, interesting start, etc.