Options

Wrigley Preparty Fundraiser - Wishlist Foundation

Comments

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Updated the first post! Finally!

Friday, July 19th

Pearl Jam will be playing Wrigley Field in Chicago on Friday, July 19th and the Wishlist Foundation will be hosting a pre-party fundraiser prior to the concert to benefit children with Autism and other beneficiaries TBA at Sluggers, 3540 N. Clark Street, just steps from the front doors of Wrigley Field. Donations are appreciated, but not required to attend the event. Come have fun! No cover charge, 21 and over please.

When:
    Friday, July 19

Times:
    1:00 PM - start
    4:30 PM - raffle
    5:30 PM - GA doors
    7:30 PM - Show

The preparty will begin at 1pm on July 19, 2013. Raffle will be at 4:30pm sharp. Doors to the show for GA are 5:30, show starts at 7:30. Stay as long as you like, and come back for the after party! Don’t have tickets to the concert? Hold down the fort for lucky ones, we’ll be back right after the show! Come early for lunch.

Where:
    Sluggers
    3540 N. Clark Street, Chicago
    773-248-0055

Just steps from the front door of Wrigley Field. They have a great menuno matter what time you come.

Who:
    Everyone 21+ is invited! (Sorry 21-, no bars in Wrigleyville were open to minors :( )Head over to the Facebook page for the event and click “Going.” RSVP is not required put helps in the planning.

Beneficiaries:
    The Early Education Center Apple Room which is dedicated to children with Autism. The ECC has an incredible program run by some of the most passionate people I’ve ever met. It’s an honor to be able to support their efforts to spread autism awareness, acceptance, and understanding. They will use every dollar donated to help a child grow and develop.

More beneficiaries TBA.

Donations:
    We need your help before the party! We will hold a raffle at 4:30pm and are seeking donations that are Pearl Jam, Wrigley, or Chicago themed. Examples include posters, CD’s, artwork, Jersey’s, memorabilia, autographs etc. Nothing is too small, we can bundle similar donations. 100% of the proceeds from your donations will go to the beneficiaries mentioned above. To make a financial or merchandise contribution, please email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:wrigley@wishlistfoundation.org">wrigley@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->.

We will be gratefully accepting financial donations by cash or credit card.

Raffle:
    The raffle will be comprised of items that have been donated by fellow fans and local businesses. The drawing will be promptly at 4:30pm, giving everyone plenty of time to have another drink and then head directly across the street to the show! Must be present to win.

Silent to Live Auction:
    If we are fortunate enough to get some big ticket items, there will also be a silent auction which will be announced immediately following the raffle drawing. Must be present to win.

*Must be 21+ to attend

Links:
    Facebook Event Page
    Bar Website
    Bar Menu

Alternative Party:
    Looking to avoid the fundraiser crowd and just chill with some Pearl Jam friends? Head over to The Full Shilling, 3724 N Clark St., 773-248-3330, with food & drink specials. More info can be found on this thread: http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=202663&hilit=full+shilling

Thursday, July 18th

Unofficial BBQ
    Let’s get together the night before. Maybe we’ll hear the sound check? We’re right across the street!

What:
    Wishlist Foundation and hostess Becki Moore invite you to hang out in Wrigleyville with the Pearl Jam Faithfull! Get the lay of the land for the concert and meet up with all the out of town fans we never get to see. If you were lucky enough to win the Ten Club BBQ party, c’mon over afterwards and hang out with us!

When:
    Starting at 6pm on Thursday, July 18th

Where:
    Sluggers
    773-248-0055

*Must be 21+ to attend. Drink Specials!

Links:
    Facebook Event Page
    Bar Website
    Bar Menu

Post Party – Friday, July 19th

When:
    Immediately following the concert.

Where:
    Sluggers
    773-248-0055

Raffles & Prizes:
    Raffles and prizes to be announced soon. Proceeds to help fund the release of the fan book, To Pearl Jam With Love. A portion of the proceeds from this event will also benefit children with autism.

*Must be 21+ to attend

Links:

Facebook Page
    Bar Website
    To Pearl Jam With Love Fan Book
    *Not a Wishlist Foundation Event
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Anything being planned for London yet ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    so cool..3 patries!!!!!

pre-day show party..
    pre-party
    after-party...

we gonna party like rock stars!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    johnmc1976johnmc1976 Florida Posts: 315
    great cause! we will be at the post prty. cant make it up till Friday. Cant wait!
    00' Noblesville, IN 03' Lexington, KY, 13' Wrigley
  • Options
    just saw....already 450 people at the day of the show at facebook page coming??

its Alpine style...gonna be crazy.....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    I'll be the guy in the Pearl Jam shirt.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    I'll be the guy in the Pearl Jam shirt.
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I have a donation for the pre-party but I'm trying to understand the difference between the Wishlist Foundation (which I'm familiar with from past pre-parties) and the Five Horizons Foundation. Are they one in the same? are they competing for donations? Can someone please explain the differences between the two foundations so I can understand where my donation will be better served? My donation is an item that I think could qualify for the "silent auction".

Best,

James
    Gorge
  • Options
    TP10396TP10396 Posts: 9
    We will be coming in town from New Orleans that Thursday and will definitely attend one of these events.

Tavis
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Looking forward to the pre and post parties!
    :D
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    I have a donation for the pre-party but I'm trying to understand the difference between the Wishlist Foundation (which I'm familiar with from past pre-parties) and the Five Horizons Foundation. Are they one in the same? are they competing for donations? Can someone please explain the differences between the two foundations so I can understand where my donation will be better served? My donation is an item that I think could qualify for the "silent auction".

Best,

James

Hi James,

Wishlist Foundation is hosting the London & Wrigley preparties, so there should be no competition for donations. The Wrigley preparty will benefit a children's autism organization and two other local Chicago charities that we are still finalizing. 100% of the proceeds from the donated items, raffle and auctions go directly to the beneficiaries.

Wishlist and Five Horizons are not the same - they are two different entities. I think the cause for confusion comes from the fact that one of my Wrigley co-organizers is the guy who just started Five Horizons. From what I understand, his main focus is going to be local, but you should clarify that with him.

As for Wishlist, it is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization managed by myself and a group of other fans that serve as a Board of Directors and Advisory Board. Like you mentioned, we've been around for quite some time doing these fundraisers and are grateful to be a part of such an amazing and generous fan community.

If you're interested in donating to one of the fundraisers that would be great! You can either bring your item to the preparty the day of the show or mail it in advance to Wishlist Foundation, PO Box 3868, Naperville IL 60567 and email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:wrigley@wishlistfoundation.org">wrigley@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e --> with your contact info & donation item(s) info so we can provide you with a tax receipt.

Hope that helps?

Laura :mrgreen:
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    PJ hat and scarf on its way for the pre-party Wishlist fundraiser :D
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Would a signed copy of Pete Townshend's autobiography count as pearl jam related? My son has autism so this is a cause dear to my heart.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options

Awesome, thanks so much! Did you mail it in or will you be bringing it?
    Would a signed copy of Pete Townshend's autobiography count as pearl jam related? My son has autism so this is a cause dear to my heart.

Definitely! We gratefully accept pretty much anything music related, but obviously look for items from the band, side projects, bands that PJ inspired or like your item, bands/artists that inspired PJ, so it fits perfectly.

You can bring it the day of the preparty, the night before (Thursday) or mail it in advance - whatever works best for you. Thanks :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy,

Thank you for the information. I will contact the Wishlist foundation via Email. My plan will be to bring the item to the pre-party.
    Gorge
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Foxy Mop wrote:

Awesome, thanks so much! Did you mail it in or will you be bringing it?

It is on its way to the Wishlist Foundation PO Box directly from 10 Club. I'd love to be in Chicago for the concert and pre-party, but unfortunately I'll be engaged with more mundane activities thousands of kilometres away :(
    Just wanted to send some support to you guys. Have a drink for me :D
  • Options
    melflashmelflash Posts: 45
    I have 2 items to donate that I can bring but I may not get there until 5:30. Would it be better to send or bring late?
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...
  • Options
    Does anyone out there have a ticket for Wrigley for a 5-digit PJ fan looking to catch his 26th PJ show? Ideas? Help?
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Does anyone out there have a ticket for Wrigley for a 5-digit PJ fan looking to catch his 26th PJ show? Ideas? Help?

I think at the preparty there will be extra spares. At least that has always been the case in the past for other sold out shows. Some members are hesitant to post here they have a spare without meeting you but once they do, they share. Hope you can make it. :D
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    If you have teenage jammers with you, can you still hang out on the restaurant side?
    Is there a restaurant side?
    Suggestions for folks who would like to attend PRE-party but have teenagers?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    If you have teenage jammers with you, can you still hang out on the restaurant side?
    Is there a restaurant side?
    Suggestions for folks who would like to attend PRE-party but have teenagers?

There is a restaurant portion of Sluggers and it looks like bringing teens to the fundraiser will not be a problem. They will start to enforce the 21+ rule after 7pm. See you there!

Joe
    Come check out my PJ Tribute site :) www.ComeToThePorch.net If you're reading this, you'll love it. You can also find me on Twitter @ComeToThePorch.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I can't wait to see you all at Sluggers in a few days. I was just looking around online and noticed that there is a UPS store .7 miles from Sluggers (on the other side of the stadium). If you win something cool at the raffle there would be time to run over there and ship it home. Just a thought. Here's a link with the info on the UPS store (open till 7pm)... https://plus.google.com/104356521031682266793/about?gl=us&hl=en

Map: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/740695_3203519062751_128431448_o.jpg

If you have any specific questions about the party please don't hesitate to email me at wrigley@wishlistfoundation.org.

Cheers!

Joe
    Come check out my PJ Tribute site :) www.ComeToThePorch.net If you're reading this, you'll love it. You can also find me on Twitter @ComeToThePorch.
  • Options
    antares434antares434 Posts: 110
    Which autism charity are the donations going to?
  • Options
    antares434 wrote:
    Which autism charity are the donations going to?

The autism charity is one of three beneficiaries for the event. The donations will support a small room of 8 children that is lead by one teacher and two aides. Depending on the amount of money raised they will do a variety of things to help further the education of these kids. One way is through technology, ie) iPads. Autistic children gravitate to these devices because of their predictability. It's a great tool to help them with communication... check this out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_8b7PgnNQQ

Here's a link to the school... http://www.ofcs.net/school_home.aspx?schoolid=5

Here's a copy/paste from Wishlist on the beneficiaries from: http://wishlistfoundation.org/events/2013-preparty-fundraisers/2013-07-19-wrigley-pearl-jam-preparty-fundraiser/
    Beneficiaries:
    The beneficiaries of the Wrigley preparty are all organizations deeply involved with helping children find their voice.

Wishlist Foundation was invited to partner with Pearl Jam’s own Vitalogy Foundation, along with their partners:, Cubs’ President of Baseball Operations Theo Epstein and his organization Foundation to be Named Later and the Chicago Cubs Charities, to lend our support for local Chicago organizations Marwen and the South Chicago Art Center.

Since 2006, Pearl Jam has donated $2 from each ticket sold at their concerts. In advance of their July 19th show at Wrigley Field, Pearl Jam asked the office of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel for a list of arts education organizations in Chicago. Long committed to improving access to art for young people, the members of Pearl Jam personally selected Marwen and the South Chicago Art Center to receive a grant from Vitalogy Foundation.

Additionally, the Wrigley preparty fundraiser will support The Olmsted Falls Early Childhood Center. The ECC is a Olmsted, Ohio public school dedicated to integrating technology into their special needs preschool classrooms to help give severely developmentally challenged young children a voice.

About Marwen
    Since 1987, Marwen has educated and inspired young people through visual arts. Each year Marwen provides free art courses, college planning and career development programs to more than 800 of Chicago’s underserved 6th-12th graders from nearly 300 different schools throughout the city.

Donations:
    Your donated Pearl Jam items are featured in our famous raffles and auctions and really are the backbone of the preparty fundraisers. Since 100% of the raffle and auction proceeds are donated directly to the beneficiaries, we are continuously seeking new merchandise donations. Examples include posters, CD’s, artwork, t-shirts, wearables, framed original photographs, autographed items, memorabilia and other items from Pearl Jam, the band members, their side projects, bands that inspired Pearl Jam, bands that Pearl Jam inspired, Seattle scene, general music, sports, technology and pop culture. We bundle smaller items with other raffle items, so every donation counts, no matter what size. We will accept custom, handcrafted art as long as it is your original art or photography and no copyrights and trademarks are violated. No bootlegged items, please. To make a financial or merchandise contribution, please email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:wrigley@wishlistfoundation.org">wrigley@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e --> or <!-- e --><a href="mailto:donations@wishlistfoundation.org">donations@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->.

Raffle:
    3:30 – 4:00PM start time

Silent Auction:
    The silent auction will begin immediately after the raffle drawing. Must be present to win.
  • Options
    TP10396TP10396 Posts: 9
    Looking forward to meeting a ton of PJ fans. My wife and I are coming up on Thursday afternoon from New Orleans and will be roaming around Wrigleyville all day. We will definitely be in Sluggers supporting this cause as my nephew suffers from Autism.

Thanks
    TP
  • Options
    goodforyou19goodforyou19 Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin Posts: 74
    I'm hoping to stop in for my first pre-party fundraiser (3rd PJ show). I'm still looking for a ticket (as are my friends, but we are ok with getting split up if needed to get into the show). So if you are at the pre-party and have a spare/spares, look for me in the shirt w/ a pic of hula hoop girl from PJ20...
  • Options
    TP10396 wrote:
    Looking forward to meeting a ton of PJ fans. My wife and I are coming up on Thursday afternoon from New Orleans and will be roaming around Wrigleyville all day. We will definitely be in Sluggers supporting this cause as my nephew suffers from Autism.

Thanks
    TP

Great! Not sure if you saw the info for the other party but we are also planning to hang out at Sluggers on Thursday night as well starting around 6pm. Nothing too organized, just a cool place to get together :)
  • Options
    DarianAtlDarianAtl Posts: 15
    TP10396 wrote:

Thanks
    TP

Great! Not sure if you saw the info for the other party but we are also planning to hang out at Sluggers on Thursday night as well starting around 6pm. Nothing too organized, just a cool place to get together :)

How late do you think this will go Thursday night?
  • Options
    DarianAtl wrote:
    TP10396 wrote:

Thanks
    TP

How late do you think this will go Thursday night?

Guessing pretty late, 1am? Should be a great crowd.
  • Options
    irish1313irish1313 Michigan Posts: 118
    Joe,
    I will not be in Chicago until Friday late morning with my donations ( Guinness jersey and Wrigleyville poster)

I will call you to do a merch hand off

Chris G

Ps
    Looking forward to meeting new friends
    Nashville / Detroit 2000
    Grand Rapids 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids / Detroit 2006, Chicago 2009, PJ 20 both days, Wrigley 2013