Options

Trading members list - What did I miss?

veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
edited July 2013 in Lost Dogs
One negative post got it locked? :? Can't the post just be removed and the thread restored?
Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    Just copy and paste the list and start it back up. I would do it... but I'm lazy :).
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I don't know why it finally got locked.

It seems that the other threads dealing with integrity of a few members were left to run their course and were finally closed when the issues had been resolved or it became very ugly.

As for the traders list thread, it was useful to thwart any deals with a couple of d-bags. Overall, there were so few complaints about folks compared to the positive transactions that a new list of assholes would be better served.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    the OP of the thread itself has, and continues to, rip people off. I'm assuming that's why it got shut down.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691
    It was a great idea originally but it got a little silly IMO, everyone made the list lol
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    one step closer to this forum being shut down IMO...shame really. :corn:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    What a shame it took a turn for the worse. I just read the entire thread where the shit hit the fan. It stings all the more when you discover who the culprit was. Maybe pdalowsky or 100pacer could get the ship afloat again? :?

Is it worth it still?

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    I thought it was nice to give props to someone who handled a trade well or bought something without any problems. The time it takes to maintain a list - no thanks. Just post the same here in this thread and we're good, no maintenance needed.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    veddertown wrote:
    What a shame it took a turn for the worse. I just read the entire thread where the shit hit the fan. It stings all the more when you discover who the culprit was. Maybe pdalowsky or 100pacer could get the ship afloat again? :?

Is it worth it still?

there was one major design flaw with that list. while it seemed like a great idea, anyone and everyone who had one good transaction made the list. to be of any value, it would have to be a cumulative feedback system. there were too many people that got screwed by losers who were on that list as "good people". it was too easy to manipulate, unfortunately.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    veddertown wrote:

Is it worth it still?

there was one major design flaw with that list. while it seemed like a great idea, anyone and everyone who had one good transaction made the list. to be of any value, it would have to be a cumulative feedback system. there were too many people that got screwed by losers who were on that list as "good people". it was too easy to manipulate, unfortunately.

Yes a feedback system would serve better ALA ebay style....but that would take a lot of time and effort.

Basically a positive and negative score. However people are so angsty about anything negative here that would become a nightmare when anything went bad with both parties protesting their innocence.

Id be happy to help Pacer run a variant on this if there was demand for it, but I always figured it wasn't necessary. If any doubt about a person, do a little research as Sea suggests into their post history, and if there is still anything niggling always err on the side of caution.

I have done so many deals on this and other forums and only ever met very nice, honest people with the upmost integrity. I don't know if Im lucky but I haven't fallen short yet. So given the rarity of these unpleasant occurrences is a list really needed?

Im not saying yes or no, just throwing it out there for discussion.
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    pdalowsky wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

Is it worth it still?

Yes a feedback system would serve better ALA ebay style....but that would take a lot of time and effort.

Basically a positive and negative score. However people are so angsty about anything negative here that would become a nightmare when anything went bad with both parties protesting their innocence.

Id be happy to help Pacer run a variant on this if there was demand for it, but I always figured it wasn't necessary. If any doubt about a person, do a little research as Sea suggests into their post history, and if there is still anything niggling always err on the side of caution.

I have done so many deals on this and other forums and only ever met very nice, honest people with the upmost integrity. I don't know if Im lucky but I haven't fallen short yet. So given the rarity of these unpleasant occurrences is a list really needed?

Im not saying yes or no, just throwing it out there for discussion.

I think you and pacer would be perfect to run this and I think we need a system that has positive and negative feed back......don't know if it can be done with negative feedback cause some trades can go bad and get ugly like we've seen but something needs to happen!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    Just stop paying as "gift" payments unless you are 100% SURE about the party you're dealing with. As for trades, just look the person up and do your homework before anything gets sent! The less drama we have and publicize, the better chance we have of this portion of the forum staying put. I too would agree that Paul & Eric are the 2 guys I would nominate to run this again, but I also feel its unnecessary and unfair to burden them with all that crap. Maybe when trades with "unknown" persons come about, the unknown party makes a payment via Paypal goods as a good faith deposit. When the trade items arrive, the parties return the deposit.

I don't know, just my thoughts.. Anyway, Who wants to give me their CC info so I can submit 14 shows for the lottery ? I'm on the A+ list ;):lol:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Just stop paying as "gift" payments unless you are 100% SURE about the party you're dealing with.

THIS
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Just stop paying as "gift" payments unless you are 100% SURE about the party you're dealing with.

THIS

Yup. It sucks that it all got shut down because it was a nice reference point to have. But by now I think the majority of us know who to deal with in confidence but it hurts the new guys because they are going in blind. Oh well.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    pdalowsky wrote:
    If any doubt about a person, do a little research as Sea suggests into their post history, and if there is still anything niggling always err on the side of caution.
    Agree with Paul 100% I think I've dealt with more from people off the list than on, and had nothing but good experiences. I normally don't jump to make the transaction, first I will check the person's post history. If I see something I don't like, whether it's tone of post or shady dealings, I will not engage. Regardless, I will confirm all details before proceeding with a transaction and if someone is not good at communicating, I will not move forward either.

It's a lot of work for one person to maintain the list and I don't think it's fair to put that burden on any one person.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    A+ trade with robthepjfan

Great communication etc would love to work with again in the future.

Nowhere else to put it, so here's where it's going. If ppl search his name for future trades they'll see it here.
    :D
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    The board should emulate the system over at vinyl collective. Check it out, boards.vinylcollective.com it allows for positive, negative, and neutral feedback. Its a good system and it keeps people in check.

My gripe, it sucks that there are actually people here that screw others over. I can't even imagine doing that to someone, luckily all of my deals here have been clean and quick. Thanks to everyone I have dealt with.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    PSUS2H wrote:
    The board should emulate the system over at vinyl collective. Check it out, boards.vinylcollective.com it allows for positive, negative, and neutral feedback. Its a good system and it keeps people in check.

My gripe, it sucks that there are actually people here that screw others over. I can't even imagine doing that to someone, luckily all of my deals here have been clean and quick. Thanks to everyone I have dealt with.

Same for me. Great transactions with great people every time. There are very few assholes in the PJ community that's guaranteed but it just takes one fucker with a shitty excuse to spoil it. Maybe we should just highlight our successful deals on a new thread without a traders list. Maybe if there's a blacklist of unsavoury dealers we can put them on page 1 and watch each others backs? If anyone wants to blacklist someone in a seperate thread that's only fair. Play the game guys, aren't we all friends here?

• Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I would much rather call out the shitty people because their names will stand out more.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    I would much rather call out the shitty people because their names will stand out more.

Agreed... :thumbup: