Options

Headed to Wrigley from Boston. Any good SOUL FOOD?

deadhead365deadhead365 Posts: 21
edited July 2013 in The Porch
So my brother and I are driving from Boston, MA to Chicago in a couple weeks to see PJ at Wrigley. We've decided to stay for several days, check out the sights, party and get some good food. Personally I love Southern Cooking and Soul Food. Are there any great places to eat in Chicago like that? Any and all info would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Well, I did some searching. Didn't find any soul food worth the trip. Maybe I've seen The Blues Brothers too many times. lol But, what I did find I'm really excited about. It's a little place called Kuma's Corner located on West Belmont Ave. Looks like they have some of the gnarliest burgers ever! Anybody ever been?
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Kuma's is kind of a metal joint. The staff is all tatted up and a little aloof, but not hostile. They play some pretty aggressive tunes. Despite all this, it's about a 60-120 minute wait to get a table at most times. I've only been once, but the Neurosis burger was pretty great.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    there are lots of great soul food returants but you got to get off the beaten path

Macarthur's is the best known on the west side
    http://www.macarthursrestaurant.com/
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    There use to be a great place on Randolph called Snaps (I think?). Not sure if they are still there, but it might still be a good spot to find something.
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    For sure Wishbone on west washington. They might have other locations. Go to yelp.com & search southern food. There are lots of good places.

wishbone used to have a really good sunday brunch with bloody mary specials. Mmmmm.....