Options

safest way to ship a set of christmas singles?

mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,910
edited May 2013 in Lost Dogs
anybody have suggestions on how to send a complete set in the mail? UPS or USPS? I need to get these to their new home safe and sound. Thanks!
I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    I just had someone send me a huge set of xmas singles, and it was packaged very well. I'd suggest getting the padded envelope mailers, and you can stick a few singles in each, but avoid stacking more than lets say 5 together. Then these padded envelopes can go in a box that fits. Remember - reinforce, reinforce! Bubble wrap and cardboard squares between singles work well. Make sure nothing can move around - just try to picture your package getting tossed around in shipment and thrown into mail trucks.

If you have 10" singles, either use the tenclub mailers, or if unavailable simply cut cardboard squares and use packaging tape. It's amazing how simple and how protective just a piece of corrugated cardboard can be. Packaging tape can be used to secure everything.

Hope this helps! Hit me up with questions.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    adusick wrote:
    I just had someone send me a huge set of xmas singles, and it was packaged very well. I'd suggest getting the padded envelope mailers, and you can stick a few singles in each, but avoid stacking more than lets say 5 together. Then these padded envelopes can go in a box that fits. Remember - reinforce, reinforce! Bubble wrap and cardboard squares between singles work well. Make sure nothing can move around - just try to picture your package getting tossed around in shipment and thrown into mail trucks.

If you have 10" singles, either use the tenclub mailers, or if unavailable simply cut cardboard squares and use packaging tape. It's amazing how simple and how protective just a piece of corrugated cardboard can be. Packaging tape can be used to secure everything.

Hope this helps! Hit me up with questions.

Adam, I think they are the #2 envelopes.

kraft is the way to go. Anywaysm OP, you can do that and cut two piece of cardboard slightly larger than the sleeve and put one on each side of the 45 to help protect it. You can then either put them all in a much larger box or ship as is. Its a tough call since 45s are fragile. You could always but 45 mailers on ebay for under $20. With the number of 45s you'll need to ship it might be worth looking into.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,910
    thanks you guys for the advice. I'm digging the cardboard squares option a lot. fingers crossed they arrive safely!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    set? :mrgreen: lucky fucker.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    tp266452tp266452 kansas city Posts: 28
    as someone who buys a lot of records via the mail i have a couple pointers. what has said so far is all good

it would be really nice if you had a way to ship the actual discs out of thier picture jackets to avoid them splitting the seems during transit. however this should only be done if you have somthing else to place the actual discs in idealy plain 7" inner sleeves your local record store should have some and they are cheap (or can be fond on amazon by searching [7 inch record paper sleeve]

you also want to make sure that the sleeves take no damage in shipping such as getting bent corners etc. try sandwitching them between 2 rigid surfaces. this can even be done with 2 scrap pieces of cardboard and make a makeshift envelope out of them or so.

and finally the #1 rule of shipping: things shouldnt be able to move around in thier package... moving is bad so fill all the empty space with somthing perferably soft and protective such as spacer squares, packing peanuts, bubble wrap etc. heck wadded newspaper is better than empty space