Options

Will pay $300 for your Soldier Field Vinyl (Original Press)

juancor70juancor70 Posts: 206
edited May 2013 in Lost Dogs
Title says it all!

PM if you're interested.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    I know I paid at least $250 for mine a bunch of years ago... ask me if you have any questions about the original press..

So far the 2 indications I've seen are differences in font size on the sides and the 2 white notches on the upper left of the front... my 2 original pressings have them, i've seen ebay pictures that don't....
    i like sound...
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    The original is green....obviously if you are looking for a sealed one that doesn't help, ha.

That's about all the info I have to share, sorry. I've been looking to get my hands on an original as well, good luck though man I'm sure one will come your way soon.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    The original is green....obviously if you are looking for a sealed one that doesn't help, ha.

That's about all the info I have to share, sorry. I've been looking to get my hands on an original as well, good luck though man I'm sure one will come your way soon.

Don't care for sealed! I wouldn't buy a sealed one unless I knew who it was coming from - and then I would open it. I open all my vinyls! Thanks for your help and kind words!
    camaros wrote:
    I know I paid at least $250 for mine a bunch of years ago... ask me if you have any questions about the original press..

Thanks camaros for your help as well!

Let me know if you hear anything!
  • Options
    I can't believe i paid, like $50 Australian for this back in the 90's. Both i and the guy running the stall at the recird fair thought it was a bootleg! This is back in the days before CDR's and all. Mad. Greenish marble pattern the records are. I remember being disappointed it wasn't the whole show. Christ. I don't think ANYONE knew it was actually a legitimate release back then...
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    I can't believe i paid, like $50 Australian for this back in the 90's. Both i and the guy running the stall at the recird fair thought it was a bootleg! This is back in the days before CDR's and all. Mad. Greenish marble pattern the records are. I remember being disappointed it wasn't the whole show. Christ. I don't think ANYONE knew it was actually a legitimate release back then...

its a wierd one this one, as its sort of not official but is - some purists still deem this a bootleg as it wasnt produced by a label, however it seems the band did authorise its production on a semi licenced sort of arrangement, however thats still a bit of a mystery too.
  • Options
    but $50???? thats an awesome price
  • Options
    Still looking...... :?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

its a wierd one this one, as its sort of not official but is - some purists still deem this a bootleg as it wasnt produced by a label, however it seems the band did authorise its production on a semi licenced sort of arrangement, however thats still a bit of a mystery too.

great article on this one

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2004/02/liv ... ier-field/
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    What is drop in the park. Any connection. Is one wanted more than the other. What's DIP worth. Is soldier field better sounding.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    What is drop in the park. Any connection. Is one wanted more than the other. What's DIP worth. Is soldier field better sounding.

DITP was the one in the deluxe box, and is as a result very available.

the soldier field is super rare having been such a limited pressing.

the sound quality is said to be 'OK'.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,535
    pdalowsky wrote:

The band and management didn't have the authority to "license" this release as they didn't own the rights to their music; however, they were able to come to a compromise with Epic whereby the record label agreed to look the other way. Again, this was in the mid 90s before the internet and downloading and such so as far as Epic was concerned it was a good gesture towards a client on their roster that at the time was at their peak.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640

back in 1997 or 1998 Zig Zag records in Staten Island NY had this on sale for $60. It actually sat on the wall for at least a year, until 3 or my friends threw down $20 each to buy it for me for my birthday.
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options

back in 1997 or 1998 Zig Zag records in Staten Island NY had this on sale for $60. It actually sat on the wall for at least a year, until 3 or my friends threw down $20 each to buy it for me for my birthday.

Cool story man! I wish that happened to me.
  • Options
    If I weren't so selfish is sell you my extra...
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    i like sound...
  • Options
    camaros wrote:
    If I weren't so selfish is sell you my extra...
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

jajajaj
  • Options
    Opps. I'd* sell you
    i like sound...