Craigslist Tickets

jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
edited April 2013 in Lost Dogs
There are some tickets posted on Craigs List right now, section CC on the field, row 1 for $250 each. More than I'd like to pay, but much cheaper than others are selling field seats. The e-mail address listed in the Ad is @comsata.com - Huh? Never heard of it, and can't find any information by searching for it. This is the second e-mail address I've seen on there like this. Probably not legit right?

I did e-mail a question to this address, and there was a reply from <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Sarah7Barber@gmail.com">Sarah7Barber@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->. Is Comsata.com just a way to hide your real address?

I did reply to Sarah and asked for a picture of the tickets or a sale receipt.

There is now another post with tickets available in section 25 for $250 each, from someone else @comsata.com. What do you guys think?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/tix/3722566943.html
7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Beware.....if you buy tix off of craigslist you have no buyer protection!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    juddboz80 wrote:
    Beware.....if you buy tix off of craigslist you have no buyer protection!

+1
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Well, the seller said they she wants to process the sale through eBay, so would I then be protected? And if so, what does that mean, if I don't get the tix or they are fake, can I get my money back?
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    jonsey30 wrote:
    Well, the seller said they she wants to process the sale through eBay, so would I then be protected? And if so, what does that mean, if I don't get the tix or they are fake, can I get my money back?
    It means if.they are fake i think you would be protected...but if she wants to go that route then theyre prob the real deal....but if you go thru paypal you would be protected as well....just dont pay as a gift or you give up all protection
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    Not trying to be a downer here, but I don't understand the hype around this show. There will be more shows on the tour, why is everybody spending so much on this one?
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Not trying to be a downer here, but I don't understand the hype around this show. There will be more shows on the tour, why is everybody spending so much on this one?

Wrigley = Special
  • MR39814MR39814 Posts: 55
    Good luck!
    8/17/98 Noblesville; 8/14/00 New Orleans; 8/18/00 Noblesville; 8/20/00 Cincinnati; 4/21/03 Lexington; 6/22/03 Noblesville; 10/5/04 St. Louis Fox Theatre; 6/24/06 Cincinnati; 5/7/10 Noblesville; 9/22/12 Atlanta Midtown Music Fest; 7/19/13 Chicago Wrigley
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,808
    DO NOT BUY WHEN PEOPLE ASK YOU TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION ON EBAY. IT'S MOST DEFINITELY A SCAM!!!!!

(sorry for the caps, just trying to save people their money!)
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    always interesting when you back track stuff

comsata.com registry whois
    Updated 1 second ago - Refresh
    Domain Name: COMSATA.COM
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
    Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Updated Date: 01-apr-2013
    Creation Date: 01-apr-2013
    Expiration Date: 01-apr-2014
    comsata.com registrar whois
    Updated 1 second ago
    =-=-=-=
    Visit AboutUs.org for more information about comsata.com
    <a href="http://www.aboutus.org/comsata.com">AboutUs: comsata.com</a>

Domain name: comsata.com

Registrant Contact:
    Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
    Whois Agent ()

Fax:
    PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1
    C/O comsata.com
    Bellevue, WA 98007
    US

Administrative Contact:
    Whois Agent (@whoisprivacyprotect.com)
    +1.4252740657
    Fax: +1.4259744730
    C/O comsata.com
    Bellevue, WA 98007
    US

Technical Contact:
    Whois Agent (@whoisprivacyprotect.com)
    +1.4252740657
    Fax: +1.4259744730
    C/O comsata.com
    Bellevue, WA 98007
    US

Name Servers:
    dns1.name-services.com
    dns2.name-services.com
    dns3.name-services.com
    dns4.name-services.com
    dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 01 Apr 2013 18:36:00
    Expiration date: 01 Apr 2014 10:36:00

Get Noticed on the Internet! Increase visibility for this domain name by listing it at http://www.whoisbusinesslistings.com
    =-=-=-=
    The data in this whois database is provided to you for information
    purposes only, that is, to assist you in obtaining information about or
    related to a domain name registration record. We make this information
    available "as is," and do not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a
    whois query, you agree that you will use this data only for lawful
    purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to: (1)
    enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that stress or load
    this whois database system providing you this information; or (2) allow,
    enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited,
    commercial advertising or solicitations via direct mail, electronic
    mail, or by telephone. The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or
    other use of this data is expressly prohibited without prior written
    consent from us.

We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting
    this query, you agree to abide by these terms.
    Version 6.3 4/3/2002

so then i googled the phone number

Probus Sme
    14150 NE 20th St Ste F1
    Bellevue, WA 98007
    (425) 274-0657

that address takes me here

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=14150+NE+ ... =12,0,,0,0

what does all that mean...

i dunno....you dig further
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    If you remove the "unit number" from the address you listed you find this is the UPS Store. If you google this address, the first thing that pops up is a link to the ripoffreport.com

14150 NE 20th St
    Bellevue, WA 98007

http://www.ripoffreport.com/internet-se ... -a7dfs.htm

Everyone, I know you all want to go to this show, but be smart and think "if it's too good to be true, it probably is"!!!!!
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'm sort of curious about sarah barber now.

there are a few in teh chicago area. if i was interested in the tix, i would start asking questions...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

there are a few in teh chicago area. if i was interested in the tix, i would start asking questions...

Just googled her email and the only thing that popped up is this thread. I'm sure she does not exist. She's just a catfish...
    81 wrote:

Just googled her email and the only thing that popped up is this thread. I'm sure she does not exist. She's just a catfish...

i woudln't dismiss just becasue the email doesn't show. i have a craigslist specific email...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • StephaineStephaine Posts: 62
    Thanks to everyone who went to the effort to help. I too thought of purchasing these tickets. With the number of scams, how can a person buy tickets in advanced & not be ripped off? Flying to the event hoping to purchase from a scalper the day of the concert is too iffy.
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    I'm definitely not going to buy these, or the section 25 tickets for the same price from another comsata e-mail address.

Part of Sarah Barber's e-mail is below. After going on to say that she had to move to Montana for a job and can no longer use these tickets, she said this:

"I would like to close this transaction trough eBay for protection ( I'm new on craigslist... ). eBay will send you the purchase confirmation with details how to complete the purchase. (You will be sending the money to eBay. After the payment is sent i will send the tickets to you. eBay will release the funds to me ONLY AFTER you will send them the confirmation that you received the tickets and they are real).

If you agree with this, please reply with the following details: your eBay username, your full name and UPS delivery address. As soon as I receive them I will start the official eBay selling procedure. I will check my inbox for your reply later!"

I replied back that there is no way to only release the funds to the seller once the buyer has the item; in fact it is the other way around. The seller doesn't ship until the money is in hand. Only Stub Hub offers the other kind of transaction.
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

just thinking.....the website of the orginal email was also just created a few days ago.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    jonsey30 wrote:
    I'm definitely not going to buy these, or the section 25 tickets for the same price from another comsata e-mail address.

Part of Sarah Barber's e-mail is below. After going on to say that she had to move to Montana for a job and can no longer use these tickets, she said this:

"I would like to close this transaction trough eBay for protection ( I'm new on craigslist... ). eBay will send you the purchase confirmation with details how to complete the purchase. (You will be sending the money to eBay. After the payment is sent i will send the tickets to you. eBay will release the funds to me ONLY AFTER you will send them the confirmation that you received the tickets and they are real).

If you agree with this, please reply with the following details: your eBay username, your full name and UPS delivery address. As soon as I receive them I will start the official eBay selling procedure. I will check my inbox for your reply later!"

I replied back that there is no way to only release the funds to the seller once the buyer has the item; in fact it is the other way around. The seller doesn't ship until the money is in hand. Only Stub Hub offers the other kind of transaction.

i think i'm gonna go fishing. :mrgreen:

here fishy fishy fishy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/search/ti ... k=&maxAsk=

all tickets with comsata.com as the email address
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,586
    I sent them an email too and I got a response from <!-- e --><a href="mailto:gloriarhn@gmail.com">gloriarhn@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> and her name was Glroia Rahman. Here is the email she sent me:

Hi,

The tickets are still for sale, I am selling all 2 tickets for $500. The price includes shipping, because I am located in Great Falls, MT., I got a promotion at my job and the post is here in Great Falls, MT. that is why I had to move here. These are hard copy tickets so I will deliver them via UPS overnight (UPS fees are paid by me). You will receive them in 24 hrs.

I would like to close this transaction trough eBay for protection ( I'm new on craigslist... ). eBay will send you the purchase confirmation with details how to complete the purchase. (You will be sending the money to eBay. After the payment is sent i will send the tickets to you. eBay will release the funds to me ONLY AFTER you will send them the confirmation that you received the tickets and they are real).

If you agree with this, please reply with the following details: your eBay username, your full name and UPS delivery address. As soon as I receive them I will start the official eBay selling procedure. I will check my inbox for your reply later!

Thanks,
    Gloria

I wish it were true but is sounds a little fishy.... :?
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
    She sent me an Ebay invoice and a picture of the tickets but the tickets in the picture were for section 25... This doesn't sound right.
    In no faith
    Here is the last email she sent me. I think I'm just going to let these tickets go and live to fight another day!

I am sorry that I cannot accept payment to my PayPal account. I am going through a divorce, and until this is over I cannot access any of my bank accounts. I am a verified PayPal member but since I cannot accept payment through PayPal at the moment, eBay Buyer Protection covers this transaction if the payment is handled through Money Gram. You will receive full coverage for the purchase price of the tickets!

The payment must be sent to the eBay agent, you have his details ( name and destination ) in the invoice!
    You may find the nearest Money Gram location ( http://www.westernunion.com/info/agentInquiryIntl.asp ) and complete the payment with cash.

I am sorry if this is a problem for you, but right now I don't have any other option, hope you understand my situation..

Also Sarah Barber it's my sister .

Get back to me soon,
    Gloria
    In no faith
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,879
    jeff2040 wrote:
    Here is the last email she sent me. I think I'm just going to let these tickets go and live to fight another day!

I am sorry that I cannot accept payment to my PayPal account. I am going through a divorce, and until this is over I cannot access any of my bank accounts. I am a verified PayPal member but since I cannot accept payment through PayPal at the moment, eBay Buyer Protection covers this transaction if the payment is handled through Money Gram. You will receive full coverage for the purchase price of the tickets!

The payment must be sent to the eBay agent, you have his details ( name and destination ) in the invoice!
    You may find the nearest Money Gram location ( http://www.westernunion.com/info/agentInquiryIntl.asp ) and complete the payment with cash.

I am sorry if this is a problem for you, but right now I don't have any other option, hope you understand my situation..

Get back to me soon,
    Gloria

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is obviously a scam. Fun to mess with them though :D
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
    jwhjr17 wrote:
    jeff2040 wrote:

Get back to me soon,
    Gloria

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is obviously a scam. Fun to mess with them though :D

I agree! I wish it was real but I am getting a litte enjoyment out of playing with this person. :)
    In no faith
    here we go
    Hey Gloria,

Sounds awesome. Man, i am so pumped for this show. I was shut ouf of the fanclub and public sale. So frustrating. But these seats will make it up.

Could you send me a picture of the tix (front and back)....just to make me a feel a little better before i send the $500

Thanks

:corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    The whole thing with the email is totally shady. I wouldn't do it.

EDIT: Whoa, I didn't even see that email she sent you. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    no reply to my last email....so i sent this.
    Hi Gloria,

I just wanted to follow up. I really would love to have these tickets. They would be a special present for my gf. She is a big cub and pearl jam fan and i was hoping to propose to her that night on the field.

Thanks a bunch

:corn: :corn: :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Hi Gloria,

I just wanted to follow up. I really would love to have these tickets. They would be a special present for my gf. She is a big cub and pearl jam fan and i was hoping to propose to her that night on the field.

Thanks a bunch

:lol: If she doesn't reply, maybe it's a scammer with a heart.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    81 wrote:
    Hi Gloria,

Thanks a bunch

I didn't hear back from her after I told her that I wanted to pay with PayPal... :cry::lol:
    In no faith
    just got this
    In order to start the transaction via eBay contact me with your full shipping name,address and eBay id .

Thanks

so i replied with
    Gloria,

Please send a picture of the tix, and i will send over my ebay and shippping info.

Thanks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    just got this
    In order to start the transaction via eBay contact me with your full shipping name,address and eBay id .

Thanks

so i replied with
    Gloria,

Please send a picture of the tix, and i will send over my ebay and shippping info.

Thanks
    :corn: