Options

the key to recovery (big ass salads)

chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
big ass salads
I been eating at least two large scale salads daily & it helps get me better. no meats on it. no pepperoni, ham, chicken, steak or fish. straight vegetables, croutons & newman's own caesar olive oil dressing. I have in fact sold my soul to the newman's caesar. frig it rocks... you can physically drink the stuff from the bottle.

how does a person actually create small ass salads? I have spent time failing making small ass salads. salads physically & mentally take up space. do not ever talk to me if you are a small salad person.

http://youtu.be/k7R7RbuJs5Y
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I just happen to be making a big ass salad

I am a fan of the big ass salad for dinner

I like to put chicken, croutons and onions in it though
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    Yes salads is the way , i eat one everyday and yesterday i had a great fruit salad ..My wife makes those giant salads ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Salads are good too.
    Change it up and put Candied Walnut's,Dried Cranberries
    Sunflower seed's and some Sun dried Tomato-Basil Feta Cheese
    With a little Raspberry Vinaigrette (Sweet and Savory) ;)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    i hope you put chia seeds in your salad.

I try to make small salads...I just can't. If I put sun-dried tomatoes in my salad, I don't need dressing.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    tumblr_m19rqmFzM01qblvwso1_250.gif
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    donnaruhl wrote:
    Salads are good too.
    Change it up and put Candied Walnut's, Dried Cranberries
    Sunflower seed's and some Sun dried Tomato-Basil Feta Cheese
    With a little Raspberry Vinaigrette (Sweet and Savory) ;)

I came in here to say dried cranberries and raspberry vinaigrette. That is all. Have a nice day.
  • Options
    I'm making a big ass salad for dinner but it will have chicken on it. I hope you enjoyed your salad.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    mmmm greens..
    ~JzP
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I love salads too! Cannot make small ones either :lol:

I recently discovered mustard greens, they are sooooo delicious when raw! I put carrot pices in there, parsley root, radish, apples, or zucchini, iceberg salad, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, endivies and lots of fresh herbs. If you are creative with the veggies and use stuff that has actual flavour to it, there is no real need for a big ass dressing. When I use rocket, I make a salad sauce with mustard, olive oit, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. It becomes a creamy brown sauce that works perfectly with the rocket.

Meatless is fine, but sometimes I have hardboiled eggs, tuna or chicken on the side. Or pasta or nuts.

If you want to try something that looks really sexy and is so healthy that your whole body will jump with joy, cut a raw beet root into small pieces, do the same with an apple and a spring onion, mix it all together, add a spoonful of horseradish and some olive oil and maybe a little bit of sour cream or Greek yogurt and dig in. Beet roots are even said to lower blood pressure. Quite an amazing vegetable. And so freaking yummy!
  • Options
    fresh fruits & vegetables are our medicines. truly. eat this stuff everyday & I think we'll be ok. as a matter of fact the last few weeks I been craving vegetables and fruits more so than usual because I been sick. I eat several plates or large bowls of vegetables at a time & I am basically feeling myself get better.

when watermelon & cantaloupe season kicks in it is sooo frickin on... and peaches grown in missouri or arkansas are just ruthless. I'll eat an entire watermelon in a day or two & pee all night long

feeling fantastic involves fresh ass produce & opiates :evil:
    :lol:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I love salads too! Cannot make small ones either :lol:

I recently discovered mustard greens, they are sooooo delicious when raw! I put carrot pices in there, parsley root, radish, apples, or zucchini, iceberg salad, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, endivies and lots of fresh herbs. If you are creative with the veggies and use stuff that has actual flavour to it, there is no real need for a big ass dressing. When I use rocket, I make a salad sauce with mustard, olive oit, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. It becomes a creamy brown sauce that works perfectly with the rocket.

Meatless is fine, but sometimes I have hardboiled eggs, tuna or chicken on the side. Or pasta or nuts.

If you want to try something that looks really sexy and is so healthy that your whole body will jump with joy, cut a raw beet root into small pieces, do the same with an apple and a spring onion, mix it all together, add a spoonful of horseradish and some olive oil and maybe a little bit of sour cream or Greek yogurt and dig in. Beet roots are even said to lower blood pressure. Quite an amazing vegetable. And so freaking yummy!
    I had been eating 4 beet slices everyday. it was forced down fast & all 4 slices chewed at once & chased w/ water & quick. thought I was eating dirt vegetables

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    I don't really like ass in my salad. I usually make mine with finely shredded red cabbage, kale, broccoli, red bell pepper, avocado, green onion, and a few pieces of fuji apple. I always make my own dressing. Tastes sooo much better than the store bought ones! With this salad I just make a simple applecider vinaigrette with dijon and olive oil. Sometimes I put some smoked trout on top. SO delicious.
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    :lol: I actually love them because of the "earthy" flavour ... It's good to hear that eating veggies and fruit make you feel better! I cannot wait for early summer, in May the farmer's markets will be opening here and I predict my jaw will drop once I see all the abundance :mrgreen: Winter food is great too, but I love the stuff fresh, raw and crispy! Continue to feel better, chadwick :wave:
  • Options
    Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    I have decided to give
    French dressing another chance.
    That is all.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Have you though about the pizza eating business Chad?

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... ss/n35040/

:lol:
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    81 wrote:
    tumblr_m19rqmFzM01qblvwso1_250.gif

+1
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Dru_Cortez wrote:
    I have decided to give
    French dressing another chance.
    That is all.
    Cheers.

milani-french-dressing-86112.jpg

milani "1890"

you'll never go back
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    French dressing alway reminds me of better of dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpLMnk2qi8o
  • Options
    190x160_2.png

my addictions have moved around a lot over the years. nowadays, like the last 6-9 months... spinach salad, croutons & this here salad dressing. some days i eat three or four large bowls of spinach & sometimes other vegetables are in there as well. i will eat spinach for breakfast.

now my cholesterol is high, so here i am at 41 trying to get as healthy as possible. i found out this cholesterol fact on my birthday. makes sense. makes a person try harder in my opinion

oatmeal
    cheerios
    spinach/vegetables
    fruit
    nuts/chia seeds

pepperoni pizza days are over for quite awhile. hot summer days and ice cream? fuck no, i get a big ass spinach. i'd like to become a vegetarian

spinach ice cream? im inventing spinach ice cream for fat people, folks with bunk ass hearts, high blood pressure, high cholesterol & whatnot

spent two hrs in the pool today

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Popeye? is that you?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    Yes i'm done with eating any meat and processed foods not that i eat junk or meat everyday i just wanted to just eat fresh produce , fruits , grains that's it ...I can't give up eating raw clams or oysters or sushi ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Popeye? is that you?

Popeye-Spinach.jpg

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    you folks who love watermelon best get to the market. the final rounds of the watermelon & other melons growing season is upon us folks living in the midwest. giant oval seeded melons are $1.50 each or two for $3

i have two giant hard as a fucking stone watermelons. i'll cut 'em up one at a time. it is on & i'll be peeing a lot the next three or four days or so. for some reason watermelon makes me go even moreso than coffee

weird

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    you folks who love watermelon best get to the market. the final rounds of the watermelon & other melons growing season is upon us folks living in the midwest. giant oval seeded melons are $1.50 each or two for $3

i have two giant hard as a fucking stone watermelons. i'll cut 'em up one at a time. it is on & i'll be peeing a lot the next three or four days or so. for some reason watermelon makes me go even moreso than coffee

weird

I have the same problem :lol: You can also make wonderful healthy ice pops with watermelon. Just blend the flesh, put in some raspberries and fill it in those plastic containers and then in the freezer. Delicious!

watermelon-ice-pops-ck-l.jpg
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    chadwick wrote:

weird

I have the same problem :lol: You can also make wonderful healthy ice pops with watermelon. Just blend the flesh, put in some raspberries and fill it in those plastic containers and then in the freezer. Delicious!

:knooger
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

weird

:knooger

Ouch! 182757_1288990259693_400_270.jpg

:P :lol:
  • Options

What's that picture?
  • Options

What's that picture?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RgCbcT8eEU

I was just trying to say that ice and skin might not mix well together.
  • Options

What's that picture?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RgCbcT8eEU

I was just trying to say that ice and skin might not mix well together.

Ahahaha I love that movie :lol:
  • Options
    summer sausage log
    shave off over spinach
    add croutons
    pour three cap fulls of paul newman caesar olive oil salad dressing

so you see, summer sausage log can be taken care of with other items not just cheese & crackers

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce