Options

Tics on Chicago CL, 160 for the pair..

Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
edited April 2013 in Lost Dogs
Title says it all.. These are not mine nor do I know this person, just looking out for those on here who wish to get in the door at a reasonable price... (I have nothing to do with these tickets, just trying to spread the word in hopes somebody from here can get them)
1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    PM sent
  • Options
    Pm sent
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    I replied to the post as soon as I saw the listing, but haven't heard any reply yet. I was pretty quick to the draw, may have been the first to reply, so I hope he just hasn't checked his e-mail yet.

And I do have someone in KC that I could have meet him. Stay away from my tickets!@!!!!!
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,243
    Why send PM's? Go to CL and get them, they aren't OP's Tickets...
  • Options
    Why send PM's? Go to CL and get them, they aren't OP's Tickets...
    Why say anything like that? Maybe it was I say thanks? Why do some many people have to be dicks in this forum. If to don't have anything nice to say shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Damn Truck, calm!

I still haven't heard anything from this seller. I wonder if someone got them. When he said that he had them on eBay and couldn't get a bid higher than $55 for the pair, that made me a little skeptical. Someone would have swooped in and grabbed them for at least face value. But if he is serious, then there is still hope for us waiting for tickets to find some at a reasonable price.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Sorry. I get bent out of shape with everyone's negitive comments as I late.
  • Options
    And I didn't hear anything from seller either. Hope it's you that gets em'.
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    I just heard from the seller.....he says that someone paid w stolen credit cards anx a fake paypal acct to try to buy these......he says that since this fraud payment took place paypal has his account suspended and wants me to send a usps money order, however i feel like this is a scam.....couldnt sell these for ridicluously cheap prices, and the whole story was just kinda fishy.....if anyone wants to proceed please do so w caution.....something isnt right.....but if you do get a reply from him and u want to see what he sent me in an email to see if both stories check out to be similiar let me know! BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    troysp1troysp1 Posts: 412
    juddboz80 wrote:
    I just heard from the seller.....he says that someone paid w stolen credit cards anx a fake paypal acct to try to buy these......he says that since this fraud payment took place paypal has his account suspended and wants me to send a usps money order, however i feel like this is a scam.....couldnt sell these for ridicluously cheap prices, and the whole story was just kinda fishy.....if anyone wants to proceed please do so w caution.....something isnt right.....but if you do get a reply from him and u want to see what he sent me in an email to see if both stories check out to be similiar let me know! BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!

I just got the same email. Did he ask you to respond ASAP as he has others waiting? Did he leave his contact info such as name, address, and cell phone number at the bottom.

I hope this ain't a scam because I really wanted these to be real.

Thanks

EDIT::::PM SENT WITH HIS EMAIL
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    juddboz80 wrote:
    Sounds scammy to me.. I would stay away. If someone paid with stolen credit cards, makes no sense for the seller's PayPal account to be frozen.

If anything sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Just wait until they announce the fall tour and tix will be readily available.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,881
    Do NOT buy from this guy. It is obviously a scam!!!

Good luck to everyone with finding real tix :) .
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    I called off the transaction with this guy - I really started to fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

Good luck to everyone - hope to see you in Chicago.
  • Options
    I understand. Basically you can just walk into your local Post Office and get everything done there. One stop shopping. Thanks for getting me the shipping info ahead of time as requested and for the great communication. My brother has been in the 10 fan club for years and won a lottery that allowed him to purchase the tickets. Once he could no longer go,I bought them from him thinking I would take my son. I will be sending you the original sales receipt with the tickets. -David

This was his last reply to me with a pic of the tickets......thats awfully weird that his brother has won the lottery and he already has his tickets in hand but cant go....hmmmm!!!!
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    I got the e-mail too about the frozen paypal account and send a money order. Someone in Missouri should offer to meet him with cash.
    Things were different then
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    I sent him an email too but I'm not keeping my hopes up... :roll:
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    IT'S A SCAM! I got the same email and so did my buddy. He said the tickets are mine if I want them and the same thing to my friend. We need to post this on the PORCH also so no one else gets ripped off.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    I appreciate the quick response, and I will go ahead and consider them sold to you. If you don't mind getting me your shipping information when you get a moment, that would be great. That way I can have everything ready to go for when your payment arrives.
    Keep me posted, and talk with you soon.
    -David

Yes they are yours if you would like them. A confirmation from you that you are purchasing them would go a long ways in my confidence at this point. Let me know for sure.

-David

Thanks for getting back to me. I would like to go ahead and get your shipping info in advance. That way I can have things ready to go for when your payment arrives. I will check in with you later.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    I appreciate the quick response, and I will go ahead and consider them sold to you. If you don't mind getting me your shipping information when you get a moment, that would be great. That way I can have everything ready to go for when your payment arrives.
    Keep me posted, and talk with you soon.
    -David

Yes they are yours if you would like them. A confirmation from you that you are purchasing them would go a long ways in my confidence at this point. Let me know for sure.

-David

Thanks for getting back to me. I would like to go ahead and get your shipping info in advance. That way I can have things ready to go for when your payment arrives. I will check in with you later.
    I got the exact same message!!!! Im gonna fuck w him a lil and have some fun!
  • Options
    Is there any way to get the law involved with this piece of dog shit?
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote:

I am not certain, howwever I do believe it is unlawful. I thought about contacting local (Chicago) authorities and providing the post on CL. Then providing the link to this thread and noting what i received and what everyone else has either received or discussed.

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt because I want to believe in the good in people. That is my fatal flaw, trust. However I will never rescind my faith in this human experience.

I will let you know if i get anywhere with authorities.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,243
    troysp1 wrote:
    juddboz80 wrote:

I am not certain, howwever I do believe it is unlawful. I thought about contacting local (Chicago) authorities and providing the post on CL. Then providing the link to this thread and noting what i received and what everyone else has either received or discussed.

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt because I want to believe in the good in people. That is my fatal flaw, trust. However I will never rescind my faith in this human experience.

I will let you know if i get anywhere with authorities.
    Chicago Police will laugh at you if you contact them about a ticket scam.
  • Options
    son of a bitch. period, point blank. some fuckin people... not the lowest of the low (GWB, 43rd), but seriously??
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,077
    Sending a money order in reply to a craigslist post? Sounds legit.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    dunno about the police but you CAN report the posting to craigslist. if ONLY one person reports it they won't do anything. If EVERYONE on here reports it, they might.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:
    dunno about the police but you CAN report the posting to craigslist. if ONLY one person reports it they won't do anything. If EVERYONE on here reports it, they might.

This needs to happen!
  • Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    This is definitely a scam. Like previously stated, CPD won't do anything but you should report him to Craigslist. I'm in need of tix as well but nobody should really take any of these offers seriously until the month of the show. As a Chicagoan I usually don't see legitimate offers until the last month to day of the show. Most other offers are USUALLY trying to scam people. In person exchanges are the best way to go FYI...just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    I too have gotten the same responses from this guy. I reported him to craigslist and hope that the posting at least gets taken down. See you guys in Chicago! :nono: