Comments

• JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Highway?

busy four lane road.

lake shore drive for those playing along at home
    Actually, it is a freeway (mostly).
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    JTH wrote:
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Highway?

busy four lane road.

:lol::lol::lol:

it's a mish mash of a road. some stop lights, some freeway, some idiot drivers. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    JTH wrote:
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Highway?

busy four lane road.

Not that the city doesn't look awesome in that photo... It's just too bad the city planners didn't make the entire waterfront beach/parkland/seawall (yes i know it is not the sea).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Not that the city doesn't look awesome in that photo... It's just too bad the city planners didn't make the entire waterfront beach/parkland/seawall (yes i know it is not the sea).

alot of it's not really beachy... still a shit ton of beachs/places along the water to visit.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=41.898763,-8 ... 1&t=h&z=14
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

alot of it's not really beachy... still a shit ton of beachs/places along the water to visit.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=41.898763,-8 ... 1&t=h&z=14
    Yeah, pretty much the entire lakefront is parkland of one kind or another.

http://video.wttw.com/video/1183075171
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I could be completely wrong (it's happened before) but I believe LSD came about because rich folks back in the day used to drive along the lakeshore for fancy weekends in their auto-carriage mobiles, and traffic just sort of grew from there.

And the picture is kind of misleading ... along the entire drive is a bike/running path and several beaches. I'm kind of proud of the fact that, by and large, most of the beachfront property in Chicago is public and not private.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's just too bad the city planners didn't make the entire waterfront beach/parkland/seawall (yes i know it is not the sea).
    Except that they did, all 26 miles of it.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    fuck Chicago..ill go Buenos Aires :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    mattcoz wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's just too bad the city planners didn't make the entire waterfront beach/parkland/seawall (yes i know it is not the sea).
    I was just going off of that one photo, where it nuzt looks like road. Just looks a lot different than the downtown waterfront i'm used to, that's all. That huge wall of buildings all along the edge of the water looks crazy! As in cool - but it looks strange tome too. So much different than west coast cities with waterfront.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:
    Chicago1.jpg

just about everyone flying in from the east should get this view. they funnel all the planes up over navy pier.

if you come from the west, good chance you can see my house and office.

Bragging about the size of your house now?
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Did I miss something? What's going on in Chicago?
    81 wrote:
    Chicago1.jpg

just about everyone flying in from the east should get this view. they funnel all the planes up over navy pier.

if you come from the west, good chance you can see my house and office.

Bragging about the size of your house now?
    It does not compare
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    mattcoz wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I was just going off of that one photo, where it nuzt looks like road. Just looks a lot different than the downtown waterfront i'm used to, that's all. That huge wall of buildings all along the edge of the water looks crazy! As in cool - but it looks strange tome too. So much different than west coast cities with waterfront.
    That photo is a really bad representation of the lakefront, nowhere else are the buildings that close to the lake. Even so, that's Oak Street Beach right in the center of it, and between the road and the lake is a running path that connects all of the parks and beaches along the lakefront.

Here is that same beach during the summer:
    oak-street-beach.jpg

If you want to see what the lakefront is really all about, check out some photos of North Avenue Beach, Diversey Harbor, Belmont Harbor, Montrose Beach, Navy Pier, Grant Park(Lollapalooza), Museum Campus, Jackson Park, etc.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Just convicted a county commissioner here of tax evasion. Given this area's history of corrupt politicians (remember Blago?) I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or a bag thing to run for office in this town. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    Just convicted a county commissioner here of tax evasion. Given this area's history of corrupt politicians (remember Blago?) I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or a bag thing to run for office in this town. :lol:
    i loved the show "Boss" :mrgreen:
    kw18 wrote:
    I have never felt quite so pleased when a corrupt politician went to prison than i was when Blago went. And the only investment i had in him was that he was on celebrity apprentice. But there is just something about that scumbag!
    kw18 wrote:
    Massive joke
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    come on!!!!!!!!!!

Can't buy what I want because it's free..!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxCLhadWRbw
  • poet bluepoet blue Posts: 12
    Hey I am coming up from Houston for the Wrigley show, and if any PJ fans have tickets and can't make the show I am looking for 2-3 extra's.
    Send me an email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:geraci23@yahoo.com">geraci23@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->
    Cheers to all the broken hearted.
    party bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN_jLdC85Ic

hehheheheehehehehehehehhehehe

bring it
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Can't get here soon enough people.

Rain or shine - gonna be a hell of a time.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

DA BULLS!
    VIVA MEXICO!~~~~~~~~~~~
    maybe i'll go there tommmorrow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Can't come soon enough.
    ELITIST FUK