Options

***Munich Review***

StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Soundcheck:
Love Reign O'er Me (Boom Solo), Sad, Sometimes, Inside Job, Love Reign O'er Me, Present Tense, Unemployable, Save You, God's Dice, Gone
I've heard parts of it when we were in line for the 10C tickets. All I was thinking was: they are here!

Main Set:
Sometimes, Porch, Why Go?, God's Dice, Given To Fly, Dissident, Severed Hand, Small Town, Sad, Unemployable, Even Flow, I Got Shit, Whipping, Down, Present Tense, Save You, Rearviewmirror
Encore:
Inside Job, Do The Evolution, Betterman/(Save It For Later), Alive
Encore 2:
No More War (Ed Solo), Footsteps, Throw Your Hatred Down, Blood, Baba O' Riley

Ow..aaaah..Help me from myself...I cannot believe it. I've made it again! My second show..Can I handle one more in Venice?! Zagreb was my first show and the most emotionally build up day of my life. I've waited for it for seven years..And they came in my most fucked up year ever, my dad, the one I love the most left me but that's another story... Anyway I wrote this down before..when I heard them live..I went into another state of being after only hearing the first few notes..It was like all of the emotions I am capable of feeling came into realization at the very same time and I had to express them, get them out somehow, otherwise I would explode...It was almost to much for me to handle..It occupied my mind and my body, sucked me inside of it... and I'm glad people were rough around me 'cause somehow It was needed..it felt more real...

>And now this second time..not even a year has passed! If you consider that my first waiting was seven years long this is really the complete opossite, also I am a bit different person after all the shit that happened last year so my state of being was something else, they couldn't save me this time..I was already saved. The first few minutes weren't so intense than the first time, but then it was building up constantly. Is it possible that someone feels that too? Pure happyness and it is very difficult to take it. The emotions are just too strong and happen in such short periods one right after another. The crowd was great, got some punches from the people standing beside me and some from the crowd surfers (there were many). My mood was changing constantly and that was making me very unstable. The thing I will remember forever happened during Footsteps. First I was really happy and smiling..but after the line "If there was a reason.." my voice just broke and I felt very very sad and shed some tears but somehow I couldn't quite let it go..so I was holding it in which then bursted out during Blood in the form of pure energy...It's amazing what some songs make you feel when you hear them live..Eddie interprets them so emotionally..I know you might wonder why I write so much about what I felt...and not what was happening during the songs..but for me that's what it is all about. Music..and lyrics..it fills up your soul with prevision, presentiment of what could have been. I love that. It's the best thing.

The band was fenomenal. They blow me away. The set was fantastic.. many songs that I didn't even hope of hearing. Great musicians. I have such respect for them all. And I get so lucky on the concerts. In Zagreb Eddie shook my hand and looked me in the eyes and now (2nd row)..when they were saying goodbye..he was looking into my eyes for a few seconds and blow me a kiss..and so I throwed him a Slovenian flag (a small one) that he catched and then put it into his back-site trousers pocket. (If anyone has a picture of that happening or a video it would appreciate it). Please :)

I also recorded some small clips (without sound - I don't know why they made a photo- camera that has a shooting feature without audio but ok).
I'll post the links as soon as I upload them.

I hope I will get some sleep today. On the way home on the bus I couldn't (watching the land and the sky and having three million memories flying in my head) and in the morning at six a clock I was home..I couldn't sleep eighter. Can't wait for Venice on friday. That will be my third show..such a nice number. Also I have this strange feeling that this will be my last time. I hope I'm wrong.
The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    decent setlist - wonder when the will play LROM!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    brainofmebrainofme Posts: 231
    Stereotype wrote:
    Soundcheck:
    In Zagreb Eddie shook my hand and looked me in the eyes and now (2nd row)..when they were saying goodbye..he was looking into my eyes for a few seconds and blow me a kiss..and so I throwed him a Slovenian flag (a small one) that he catched and then put it into his back-site trousers pocket. (If anyone has a picture of that happening or a video it would appreciate it). Please :)
    quote]

hehe...i saw that. i was probably standing a few people away from you. unfortunately i haven't got any picture of that, sorry.

absolutely great show, awesome setlist!

if anyone has any photos, videos or audio please post it!
    Vienna, Austria 2006
    Munich, Germany 2007
  • Options
    ...this morning I needed an outlet for my still overwhelming emotions regarding last nights gig.

now I post my review again.
    cause some hours later there is still this huge "DANKE Pearl Jam" left,
    that I wanna scream out and spread around the globe,
    and your post fits perfectly for this purpose...

.. so thanks for your post and for givin' us a chance to write some blog here. :)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by I BrisK I
    is that soundcheck serious?

Imagine: You be there early to pick up your TC tix and for this effort you get the chance to hear them already early in the afternoon.
    doors to the venue were open and they did a 45 minutes sound check while we were standing in line for our tickets.

Already back then I thought it can't get any better...
    ..but still, it did!

My seventh PJ gig but the setlist and the play this time beated nearly all other gigs before.
    I know you always say: this one is the best, after you enjoyed a show,
    but the Munich gig WAS indeed increadible!
    The chosen songs, the twists in the lyrics, the forever going on SOLOS, the perfect played rock'n roll... ahhh, just so wonderful.

Ed did not talk at all, but they just played... many rarities, new songs,
    songs on fire and songs that touched your heart,
    songs with a meaning and songs that delivered the message right in your head.

(f.e.: NO MORE WAR with a PEACE SIGN T-Shirt on and the seriousness+sadness of the lyrics pointed out in every word so clearly... just so lovely ,
    or: safe it for later, a version that let you trust now on another gig/meeting soon happening one fine day )

Even so the venue was indeed nearly only 60 % full, the audience and the band were ONE and just on fire. ... Munich was a surprise, the people supporting and the band playing this city for the first time... wow.

My cousin who was at his first PJ gig ever said afterwards: I thought you never can get high without drugs and sex, but I AM so HIGH!
    it was one of the best three concerts ever seen in my life
    (and he knew only a quarter of the songs !!!).

and I?
    I know I never will touch my friends,
    but I hope and wish they will be around in playing music for longer,
    hopefully for way way longer,
    cause they are so needed! (and not only in my personal life)
    as they just spread happiness, wisdom, LOVE and fullfilling.

... and that is all that counts to me as it keeps me going, too.

Thanks PJ, so much!
    and please:
    viva Pearl Jam.

and p.s. They came in Peace and showed that Peace is the WAY!
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    That is a superb setlist...would have loved to have been at that show...congrats :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    Did anybody catch Love rein O're me from the soundcheck. I've missed it
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    Stereotype ...

thanks for the emotional post! i so get it! i always have the most intense moments at pearl jam shows ... it is the build up of emotion, the expression of release. it's beautiful!

so awesome that you connected with ed! i sure hope someone captured a pic for you!

what a sound check ... i wish they would include that on the bootleg! you heard love reign o'er me! i am really hoping they play this that at lollapalooza!

certainly the upcoming show won't be your last ... just feels like it cuz they aren't around as much as we would all like! have a super incredible amazing 3rd show!!!!

breakmarysfall ...
    My cousin who was at his first PJ gig ever said afterwards: I thought you never can get high without drugs and sex, but I AM so HIGH!
    it was one of the best three concerts ever seen in my life
    (and he knew only a quarter of the songs !!!).

love this! it is so true! love your post too! viva pearl jam!!!!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    Yesterday was utterly brilliant. I so didn't know what to expect before, and it was just overwhelming. I so enjoyed the gig, the people (most of them, anyways) and just the atmosphere, waiting before, etc etc etc.
    I still need time to realise all of this. Seeing Pearl Jam live, oh dear, what am I doing here?!

Nevertheless, I filmed 5 minutes of Betterman, as soon as Youtube has finished you might find it there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuLyrotEbwM
    And pictures to come as well, most of them blurry and you can see the band's aura, but I loved the lights!
    Edit: Link is done. http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/esoterischefische/PEARLJAMmunich/
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,623
    Zoso wrote:
    decent setlist - wonder when the will play LROM!

Decent? That setlist kicks the shit out of a lot of the 2006 setlists.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    excellent setlist... sad, save you, save it for later, throw your hatred down, baba... wow :eek:

Congrats to all of ya! :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options

and I?
    I know I never will touch my friends,
    but I hope and wish they will be around in playing music for longer,
    hopefully for way way longer,
    cause they are so needed! (and not only in my personal life)
    as they just spread happiness, wisdom, LOVE and fullfilling.

... and that is all that counts to me as it keeps me going, too.

Thanks PJ, so much!
    and please:
    viva Pearl Jam.

and p.s. They came in Peace and showed that Peace is the WAY!
    BEAUTIFUL words... I'm glad you had such a great time! :) Did you meet any of the travelling crew?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    hosenbislerhosenbisler Posts: 349
    I liked those "Crazy Mary" balloons. Nice idea, but unfortunately they didn´t play it. I guess they were from that "birthday-girl". By the way, Eddie was a bit rude to her ("we´re not gonna play that song").
    Hey, could you stand another drink,
    Better when I don't think,
    It seems to get me through.
  • Options
    Mine wrote:
    Did anybody catch Love rein O're me from the soundcheck. I've missed it

I came to the venue when they just started to play "Inside Job".
    So yes, I hear Love rein O're me and it was just perfectly performed (although you could not see the band, but the doors where open for this song, so you just could listen to it straight and clear on... fantastic!)

and Helen;
    heya, nice to seeya and thanks for coming back to me:
    unfortunately it was so busy at work and I was pretty sick with a flu the last weeks, so I had no chance to get in contact with fellow fans again.
    So I just met with one real friend and my cousin there. But it was still just great cause all people around seemed so nice...
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    I came to the venue when they just started to play "Inside Job".
    So yes, I hear Love rein O're me and it was just perfectly performed (although you could not see the band, but the doors where open for this song, so you just could listen to it straight and clear on... fantastic!)

and Helen;
    heya, nice to seeya and thanks for coming back to me:
    unfortunately it was so busy at work and I was pretty sick with a flu the last weeks, so I had no chance to get in contact with fellow fans again.
    So I just met with one real friend and my cousin there. But it was still just great cause all people around seemed so nice...
    That's a shame, sorry to hear you were sick... I'm sure you had a great time either way though :)

Nice to see ya too, been a while!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life