Options

Poor friend of mine.

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,793
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
6 months ago his brother passed away.
Yesterday his mom passed away.

Good Grief!
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    my condolances to him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    my condolances to him.
    Sunday, I go to visit my folks.
    My dad announces he has to undergo some type of heart procedure.
    The doctor has informed my dad to make sure he has his WILL updated, and all his finances taken care of.

:|:|:|:|:|

My dad is a nervous wreck.

It is only Wednesday.
    And I have had enough of this fucking week.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    my condolances to him.
    The doctor has informed my dad to make sure he has his WILL updated, and all his finances taken care of.

It is only Wednesday.

sounds fun....best wishes to your pops.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    81 wrote:
    my condolances to him.

It is only Wednesday.

Oh hell! Your and your family are in my prayers. Hugs to you dear
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    'mortality becomes much easier to take after living through it'

Hope your Dad's procedure goes well... speedy recovery ... no pun intended
    wishing you all well
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Sorry to hear about your Dad. :(

Hope all goes well.
    #FHP
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    my condolances to him.

It is only Wednesday.

I walked in to my folks house Sunday.
    And I instantly knew something was wrong.
    VERY WRONG.
    My mom says it is basically a simple procedure, and he will be out of the hospital in 3 days.
    (Mom has triple bypass last year)
    My father is just a nervous wreck.
    The BIG MOUTHED ASSHOLE DOCTOR tells my dad to get his WILL together and make sure his finaces are in order? What the fuck is that all about? Like the guy isnt nervous enough?

I havent done any homework on the procedure yet.
    I need to get in touch with my sister, the sister with the Masters in nursing.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    edited March 2013
    Best of thoughts for your Dad, and much sympathy to your poor friend.

Devasting.
    Post edited by QuarterToTen on
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    Sorry to hear about your Dad. :(

Hope all goes well.
    Thanks my friend.

It never ends.
    It never fucking ends.
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    :(

My sympathies to your friend. Keeping your dad in my thoughts and prayers.
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Best thoughts and prayers to your dad... If my cardiologist ever said that... Id punch him.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    is your dad's doctor dr kevorkian? :fp:

i'm sure your dad's surgery will be fine...always keep positive thoughts :)
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    that's rough, hope dad is ok
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited March 2013
    81 wrote:

It is only Wednesday.

I walked in to my folks house Sunday.
    And I instantly knew something was wrong.
    VERY WRONG.
    My mom says it is basically a simple procedure, and he will be out of the hospital in 3 days.
    (Mom has triple bypass last year)
    My father is just a nervous wreck.
    The BIG MOUTHED ASSHOLE DOCTOR tells my dad to get his WILL together and make sure his finaces are in order? What the fuck is that all about? Like the guy isnt nervous enough?

I havent done any homework on the procedure yet.
    I need to get in touch with my sister, the sister with the Masters in nursing.

Good luck to your Dad, but don't take your anguish out on the Doc. Sounds like he's a good one. If he is, my guess is he just asked your Dad if that stuff is in order. The fact is once you have assets, it should be. But, most folks neglect it for whatever reason.

Sure, it sucks that the 2 are connected and it makes a nervous person rightfully more nervous. But, would you rather the doc just ingored the very real, however remote possibility? Was he a bad doc for letting him know there's a .1% (or whatever it is) chance that something could go wrong?

Good advice, like the truth are sometimes hard to hear. Hopefully, you can help your Dad put this very well intended (And good) advice in the proper perspective.

EDIT: And I'm sure this bit about the Will and Finances were in connection to the Health Proxy which is ULTRA critical to have whenever you go into surgery. There may be something they find while he's under that they can't do anything about if they don't have a health proxy.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Thoughts are with you and your friend Speedy
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    Hope everything goes will with your dad, although the doctor could have been less douchy about it, they have to make sure of stuff like that before any procedure. I recently got the old snippity snip and they asked if I had a living will!
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    Best thoughts and prayers to your dad... If my cardiologist ever said that... Id punch him.
    Oh, trust me.
    I CANT WAIT to see Mr. Doctor.

A few years back, my dad had another doctor who mis-diagnosed him for 3 years. The doctor NEVER ordered an MRI on my fathers head/neck. Therefore for 3 years the doctor NEVER saw the tumor on my fathers neck/spine. For 3 years the doctor told my father all his pain was mental. He told my dad it was just depression.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Hopefully the Doc's like House, ya know a dick, but a talented one!

Good Luck Speedy
  • Options
    Actually I am pretty sure this is a SIMPLE procedure. Going up through the leg, to the heart, with a camera. Check out the situation, and if need be, fix any problems. But dad is 74, and has had 2 major surgeries in the last few years. During one of the surgeries, his heart actually stopped beating, and they brought him back. (What a day that was!!!!)
  • Options
    Oh, trust me.
    I CANT WAIT to see Mr. Doctor.

A few years back, my dad had another doctor who mis-diagnosed him for 3 years. The doctor NEVER ordered an MRI on my fathers head/neck. Therefore for 3 years the doctor NEVER saw the tumor on my fathers neck/spine. For 3 years the doctor told my father all his pain was mental. He told my dad it was just depression.
    Yeah I've had my share... I had a misdiagnosis across 6 doctors 2 years ... one thought I had syphilis :shock: :fp:
    Turns out I had a hole in my inner ear... :lol: No syphillis :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Actually I am pretty sure this is a SIMPLE procedure. Going up through the leg, to the heart, with a camera. Check out the situation, and if need be, fix any problems. But dad is 74, and has had 2 major surgeries in the last few years. During one of the surgeries, his heart actually stopped beating, and they brought him back. (What a day that was!!!!)
    Having a cath? Oh that's easy peasy ... had my 4th last Thursday... I didn't even fall asleep :shock: :lol: :fp:
    Yeah for his age it most likely its a bit tougher
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Having a cath? Oh that's easy peasy ... had my 4th last Thursday... I didn't even fall asleep :shock: :lol: :fp:
    From what little I have just read, yeah, its somewhat a simple procedure. I just need to calm my father down a little. He is a wreck. Last Sunday he was talking as if we only have a few more weeks together. Bullshit! My dad is going to be here another 20 years or so, just to really make me and mom NUTS!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Thoughts are with you and your friend Speedy
    Thank you.

AND THANKS EVERYONE.
    I truly appreciate the kind words, from everyone here.
  • Options
    It sounds like what you are describing is a cardiac catheterization.
    Not necessarily a simple procedure, but a fairly routine procedure and an invaluable diagnostic tool.

Your father's doctor would not have scheduled him for it had he not thought he was an
    appropriate candidate, which is a good indication of your Dad's overall health.

He'll do just fine.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Not necessarily a simple procedure, but a fairly routine procedure and an invaluable diagnostic tool.

Your father's doctor would not have scheduled him for it had he not thought he was an

He'll do just fine.
    Doctor: You are an appropriate candidate for this type of procedure.
    Dad: Really?
    Doctor: Well on second thought, I will give you a week, to go to the bank and get your finances in order.
    Dad: :shock:

My Dad's overall health is a disaster.
  • Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Hey Speedy...I'm really sorry to hear about all of this rough news. My condolences to your friend. That sucks donkey balls.

I hope your father makes it through the procedure with flying colors. I understand your frustrations and anger towards the Doc. Please make sure all of your Dad's affairs are in order. As you may remember, I just lost my girlfriend a month or so ago. We had agreed verbally to what we wanted for the other in terms of the future. None of that matters, and my life is in financial peril. I lost the love of my life, and because we did not take care of business, the life she wanted me to have is lost as well. I know it sucks, but trust me...The alternative is much worse.

Cheers and best wishes to you and your family,
    BS
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    barger395 wrote:
    Hey Speedy...I'm really sorry to hear about all of this rough news. My condolences to your friend. That sucks donkey balls.

I hope your father makes it through the procedure with flying colors. I understand your frustrations and anger towards the Doc. Please make sure all of your Dad's affairs are in order. As you may remember, I just lost my girlfriend a month or so ago. We had agreed verbally to what we wanted for the other in terms of the future. None of that matters, and my life is in financial peril. I lost the love of my life, and because we did not take care of business, the life she wanted me to have is lost as well. I know it sucks, but trust me...The alternative is much worse.

Cheers and best wishes to you and your family,
    BS
    I am truly sorry for your loss.
    I cant imagine.
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    From what little I have just read, yeah, its somewhat a simple procedure. I just need to calm my father down a little. He is a wreck. Last Sunday he was talking as if we only have a few more weeks together. Bullshit! My dad is going to be here another 20 years or so, just to really make me and mom NUTS!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    My prayers are with you, your family & your friend.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options

He'll do just fine.
    Doctor: You are an appropriate candidate for this type of procedure.
    Dad: Really?
    Doctor: Well on second thought, I will give you a week, to go to the bank and get your finances in order.
    Dad: :shock:

My Dad's overall health is a disaster.

With any type of heart procedure, those unfortunate words have to be spoken. My 45 year old brother had to undergo a cardioversion for an arrythmia and was basically given the same speech.

And it freaks you the fuck out, no other way to put it. As if the stress of the procedure isn't
    enough as it is.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

With any type of heart procedure, those unfortunate words have to be spoken. My 45 year old brother had to undergo a cardioversion for an arrythmia and was basically given the same speech.

And it freaks you the fuck out, no other way to put it. As if the stress of the procedure isn't
    enough as it is.
    WTF makes MR. Doctor think that my mom, the lady who worked 33 years at a financial institution, who when the institution closed (actually changed hands, and my mom was forced out because she made too much money), was Assistant Vice President.
    The same woman then turned around, and worked for the States Attorneys Office for 10 years.

What makes Mr. Doctor think, that THAT WOMAN doesnt have her, and her husbands finances in order?

I am pretty sure my parents have never bounced any check that Mr. Doctor has cashed over the last few years.

:lol:
    Mr. Fucking Doctor should worry about his own finances.
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on