Poor friend of mine.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:
    my condolances to him.
    Sunday, I go to visit my folks.
    My dad announces he has to undergo some type of heart procedure.
    The doctor has informed my dad to make sure he has his WILL updated, and all his finances taken care of.

:|:|:|:|:|

My dad is a nervous wreck.

It is only Wednesday.
    And I have had enough of this fucking week.

Oh boy....what a week indeed. I'm so sorry to hear that all these things are going on, my prayers go out to your dad and your friend. One day at a time!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    WTF makes MR. Doctor think that my mom, the lady who worked 33 years at a financial institution, who when the institution closed (actually changed hands, and my mom was forced out becasue she made too much money), was Assistant Vice President.
    The same woman then turned around, and worked for the States Attorneys Office for 10 years.

What makes Mr. Doctor think, that THAT WOMAN doesnt have her, and her husbands finances in order?

I am pretty sure my parents have never bounced any check that Mr. Doctor has cashed over the last few years.

:lol:
    Mr. Fucking Doctor should worry about his own finances.

I'm sure the doctor meant no offense, just standard practice.

That said, it's very frustrating and almost insulting to be told such fundamental facts.
    Not to mention sobering. I hear ya.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    WTF makes MR. Doctor think that my mom, the lady who worked 33 years at a financial institution, who when the institution closed (actually changed hands, and my mom was forced out becasue she made too much money), was Assistant Vice President.
    The same woman then turned around, and worked for the States Attorneys Office for 10 years.

What makes Mr. Doctor think, that THAT WOMAN doesnt have her, and her husbands finances in order?

I am pretty sure my parents have never bounced any check that Mr. Doctor has cashed over the last few years.

:lol:
    Mr. Fucking Doctor should worry about his own finances.

That said, it's very frustrating and almost insulting to be told such fundamental facts.
    Fundamental facts, that Mr. Doctor should have thought about for a second or 2.
    He need not discuss finances with my parents. My parents who have BOTH undergone MAJOR surgeries over the last few years. Mr. Doctor should have instantly realized, that there is a good chance that these 2 people, dont need to be given the "Finance Speech".

But by giving my dad the "Finance Speech", my dad hasnt slept for 2 days.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Sorry to hear of your dad's health troubles. I agree that the "finance speech" probably was just the standard blurb he gives to all patients going into surgery. However I also know that many doctors, especially surgeons, lack sensitivity when it comes to the emotional side of the patient's and family's response to such a speech. I remember having similar worries with my own father and his heart problems/procedures. It's hard to see this person who has been a source of strength become vulnerable. Sounds like he is fortunate to have you for support and to help calm him and de-stress the situation. My best wishes for a simple and quick procedure and recovery.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

Fundamental facts, that Mr. Doctor should have thought about for a second or 2.
    He need not discuss finances with my parents. My parents who have BOTH undergone MAJOR surgeries over the last few years. Mr. Doctor should have instantly realized, that there is a good chance that these 2 people, dont need to be given the "Finance Speech".

But by giving my dad the "Finance Speech", my dad hasnt slept for 2 days.[/quote]

To say that the doctor should have been a bit more discretionary and used more tact is an understatement.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    81 wrote:
    my condolances to him.
    Sunday, I go to visit my folks.
    My dad announces he has to undergo some type of heart procedure.
    The doctor has informed my dad to make sure he has his WILL updated, and all his finances taken care of.

:|:|:|:|:|

My dad is a nervous wreck.

It is only Wednesday.
    And I have had enough of this fucking week.

Tell your Dad they "always" say that stuff.
    They want you to have an advanced directive (living will) is probably what Doc was talking about.
    so just in case some emergency occurs, they know if you would like heroic measures taken..or not.

sorry about your friend. When it rains it pours. That really sux.

Wish words could mean more
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Everyone should have a living will, it really helps your loved ones.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    pandora wrote:
    Everyone should have a living will, it really helps your loved ones.

can take a huge weight off of their shoulders if and when it comes to decision time, for sure.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Ah, man. That sounds rough. :| Best wishes to your dad, and condolences to your buddy.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    sorry to hear about all the bad news.

did the doctor actually say to your dad, "you should get a will" or did they just hand him the paperwork?
    I was given the "booklets" and had to sign a paper when i went in for a simple endoscopy last year.
    EDIT: And I'm sure this bit about the Will and Finances were in connection to the Health Proxy which is ULTRA critical to have whenever you go into surgery. There may be something they find while he's under that they can't do anything about if they don't have a health proxy.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    If you want the name of an excellent cardiologist to get a second opinion from let me know.
    I hope everything goes well for your Dad. I'm praying for him.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Speedy, I'm sorry about your friend. That's a heavy load to bear. You're a good friend, thinking of him when you have so much on your mind.

I will pray for your dad. I've noticed in the past how important your family is to you. It must be a big support to your parents that you're such a caring son.

I predict you will be fixing a big Easter dinner for your parents in a few weeks. :)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Mike,so sorry of your friend..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    When sorrows come, they come not single spies
    But in battalions.

I think old Will Shakespeare was onto something, because it's always the way.

I'm no Shakespeare so words often fail me, but I hope that your friend finds solace in their memories and comfort in his loved ones.

And, Speedy, if your dad has as much heart as you've got, he'll be just fine. Try to keep his mind occupied with doing things he loves with people he loves.

Many positive thoughts sent your (and your family's) way, fella.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    6 months ago his brother passed away.
    Yesterday his mom passed away.

Good Grief!

I'm sorry for your friend - :(

I had a similer situation with a friend of mine back in December... then 2 weeks after attending ( 2 ) funerals her dog had to be put to sleep.... She was about to have a nervous breakdown that month.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Wtf, shit sorry to hear speedy. We DO give a rats ass about your pops! Hang in there buddy.