Getting older

167891012»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux wrote:
    The other day, my wife looked at the tray of supplements we take and wanted to hide them in a cupboard. She said, "They make us look old". :lol:

I don't know what she's talking about- just a few... glucosamine sulfate/ MSN for arthritis, ginger for vertigo, milk thistle, vitamins B50 and C for immune system, vitamins D3 for osteoporosis, papaya enzymes for digestion, uva ursi and cranberry tablets for her, magnesium glycinate and B3 for my migraines, gabapentin for tinnitus and neuritis.

Old? Nah! :lol:

:shock: Do you pour milk over that and eat it like cereal? ;)

:lol: hmmm... :lol:

No, actually I throw them all in my mouth with a slug of juice, shake my head back and forth to get them all coated with liquid and down the hatch they go all at once. Just about every morning, my wife shakes her head too (but more out of disgust) and then tells me, "One of these days you're going to choke on those." So if I ever stop posting here, you'll know why. :lol: No, just kidding- I've got it down to a fine art.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    brianlux wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    The other day, my wife looked at the tray of supplements we take and wanted to hide them in a cupboard. She said, "They make us look old". :lol:

I don't know what she's talking about- just a few... glucosamine sulfate/ MSN for arthritis, ginger for vertigo, milk thistle, vitamins B50 and C for immune system, vitamins D3 for osteoporosis, papaya enzymes for digestion, uva ursi and cranberry tablets for her, magnesium glycinate and B3 for my migraines, gabapentin for tinnitus and neuritis.

Old? Nah! :lol:

:shock: Do you pour milk over that and eat it like cereal? ;)

:lol: hmmm... :lol:

No, actually I throw them all in my mouth with a slug of juice, shake my head back and forth to get them all coated with liquid and down the hatch they go all at once. Just about every morning, my wife shakes her head too (but more out of disgust) and then tells me, "One of these days you're going to choke on those." So if I ever stop posting here, you'll know why. :lol: No, just kidding- I've got it down to a fine art.

8-) That would be the worst case of IRONY. be careful buddy..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Groan
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Groan

Indeed :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Groan

My old california bones don't do so well in the cold
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I need a quick nap.
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    Groan

Why are you in Wisconsin if you're from California??
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    Not bad
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Groan

Wuss!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    And California cold is a wet cold. Alaskan's don't even like Calif. cold
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Wuss!!!

:roll:
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    rolled my ankle good about 5 years ago. most of the time it's fine, but it's been aching like a mofo lately :x

:x :x :x :x

what the fuck...

wonder if i tore something in there. :think:

how much is an MRI. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rolled my ankle good about 5 years ago. most of the time it's fine, but it's been aching like a mofo lately :x

what the fuck...

Man i did this about year back, walking home drunk in the rain. I don't think it will ever be the same.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

what the fuck...

Man i did this about year back, walking home drunk in the rain. I don't think it will ever be the same.

it works fine. and really hasn't been a real issue, but over the last month, their has been like a constant ache with a little of tolerable pain. more annoying then anything.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Wearing shorts and black argyle socks (at home only)

Classy
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

what the fuck...

Did you ever go to the doctor or do any PT for your ankle?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

what the fuck...

Did the same thing almost 3 years ago - all the way to my toes was black and blue and swollen. After a year it was still hurting so I had the MRI and it was freaking expensive. Fortunately I had good insurance. Then I went to the physical therapist. After a lot of therapy and some good OTC shoe inserts (Good Feet) that she recommended, my ankle doesn't hurt anymore. Even the one that has bothered me most of my adult life has improved. I highly recommend p.t.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

what the fuck...

Did you ever go to the doctor or do any PT for your ankle?

nope...i've rolled ankles several times. no biggie, just tape it up and wear a boot for a week.

swelling and pain mostly went away, but now it's back. 5 bucks says a tendon is partially torn.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

nope...i've rolled ankles several times. no biggie, just tape it up and wear a boot for a week.

swelling and pain mostly went away, but now it's back. 5 bucks says a tendon is partially torn.

ocean is correct, if you don't do PT for the ankle, the ligaments heal loosely, so it's easier for you to roll again, and to a more severe degree. Easier to actually do more damage later on down the road.

My ankle swelled up to the same size as my calf, I had a huge black and blue cankle, even the bottom of my foot was all black and blue. Pain meds were awesome.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I don't know what the problem is, but my hip has been sore on and off for a couple of weeks now. :shock: :?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Aches seem to shift. It's as if they take turns punishing me.
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Beside phyical therapy, acupuncturists are wonderful people to know for aches and pains.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788

Getting older?

When instead of telling condescending fools exactly what I think of them?

I just keep my mouth shut and just realize they are nothing but condescending fools.

I must admit though, I had much for fun, back in the day, when I told people exactly what I thought of them.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    What a difference six or seven years makes :cry:

Still, re-reading this thread made me smile.  Many users I haven't seen around these parts in a long time...hope they're (aging, and living) well.
    Getting older is an exponential curve.  This is what I looked like last year:

This is what I look like this year:

Scary!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Looks like you still got a nice head of hair, lucky! Lol.
    You’re a good dude Brianlux.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    Thanks, Hi! 

I'm lucky- I got my mom's hair.  My father was all but bald by his mid twenties! 

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    Thanks, Hi! 

I'm lucky- I got my mom's hair.  My father was all but bald by his mid twenties! 
    I’m 38 and I’ve been balding since about mid twenties. It’s pretty bad now, I pretty much just shave it down. It’s like my hair ran away from my head and onto my back and decided to stay there, lol. God damn genetics.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    Thanks, Hi! 

I’m 38 and I’ve been balding since about mid twenties. It’s pretty bad now, I pretty much just shave it down. It’s like my hair ran away from my head and onto my back and decided to stay there, lol. God damn genetics.
    Damn, sorry Hi. 

My pop took being bald in stride.  He always joked about it and often talked about how swimming in the Solomon Islands during WWII made him loose his hair.  I think it was just genetics but the Solomons made for a better story.  And man, did he have some stories.

Don't knock yourself, Hi.  You're in good company- Patrick Stewart, Gandhi, Bruce Willis, Ron Howard, you, my pop.  All good!