Should he get in trouble?

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
This happened right down the street from me:
http://www.freep.com/article/20130305/N ... CFRONTPAGE

basically, airman at the local air force base walks into his old high school wearing his uniform (camo, flak jacket, holster with no gun in it) looking for a recommendation of some sort. Just his appearance causes a chain of events that shuts down the school and causes the cops to look for him..

should the airman be punished?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    No, not his fault fear rules the day
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    unless his goal was to induce panic...then no.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I'm guessing he didn't get the letter of recommendation?
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    place a phone call to the school asking for a meeting to be set up. That would have been my first thought.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Are kids allowed to wear camo to school?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • I don't know that he should get into any shit for it , but I definitely wouldn't be giving him any letter of recommendation. He doesn't seem like someone I would want for any position that called for rational thinking.
    John Roach
  • jasonjason Posts: 468
    Naw, over reaction. If you were in Green Bay this would happen every time someone walks in the building
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Caveeze wrote:
    Are kids allowed to wear camo to school?

This little boy certainly did. I think you actually had to in Florida!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    jason wrote:
    Naw, over reaction. If you were in Green Bay this would happen every time someone walks in the building

I agree with you.. But what if he had been a school shooter? no reaction would have started a shit storm..

So, people are in a position where they must react.. which, in this situation seems like an over reaction..

kind of a crazy world we live in
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mental note....next time you are out at the mall, or getting dinner or at the theater....and you see some army people in camo.....call the cops.

got it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mental note....next time you are out at the mall, or getting dinner or at the theater....and you see some army people in camo.....call the cops.

got it.

I would :D

then, school shooter type people would quit wearing camo (as to not draw attention). thus, making it perfectly fine to wear camo into a school again :D
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Are there rules and regulations for service people regarding wearing their uniforms out in public? Thought I heard 'field gear' was not allowed to be worn in public because it may cause 'a disturbance' or whatever.

As Empty Glass mentioned, wouldn't a phone call be easier? Now I'm thinking he did it to get his name in the media which he probably hopes would help him get a job or whatever it is that he wants. :think:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Are there rules and regulations for service people regarding wearing their uniforms out in public? Thought I heard 'field gear' was not allowed to be worn in public because it may cause 'a disturbance' or whatever.

As Empty Glass mentioned, wouldn't a phone call be easier? Now I'm thinking he did it to get his name in the media which he probably hopes would help him get a job or whatever it is that he wants. :think:

Hey, you wear those State Police boots all the time, and no one seems to make a scene...
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    :lol:

No

We had so many Air Force, Navy, Army, and Marine recruiters in our high school on any given day you'd swear we were under martial law.

Oh and all the ROTC kids and the officers walking around the college alarm me so much. :roll:
    But why was he wearing a flak jacket? :fp:
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    How could they see him? :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

Protection. Look it up.

;)
  • 50 push-ups and detention

Protection. Look it up.

;)

You take so much flak whilst walking in a school :lol:

Well, maybe from a group of dipshit kids

I found my dad's flak jacket from when he was in the Air Force... I was bringing it to my truck to bring back to my place

"What you got there?"

:|

"Put that back inside, buster."

Protection. Look it up.

;)

You take so much flak whilst walking in a school :lol:

Well, maybe from a group of dipshit kids

I found my dad's flak jacket from when he was in the Air Force... I was bringing it to my truck to bring back to my place

"What you got there?"

"Put that back inside, buster."

That's serious when you get the "buster".

That's serious when you get the "buster".

He was probably afraid of me walking around town with a flak jacket on. I might have made the news.
  • No. Maybe he should have called first but it's too bad it has to be this way now.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Caveeze wrote:
    This happened right down the street from me:
    http://www.freep.com/article/20130305/N ... CFRONTPAGE

basically, airman at the local air force base walks into his old high school wearing his uniform (camo, flak jacket, holster with no gun in it) looking for a recommendation of some sort. Just his appearance causes a chain of events that shuts down the school and causes the cops to look for him..

should the airman be punished?
    My brother was fire chief at selfridge a few years ago. In fact I'll be delivering tonight at waterside mall at 4 am.

If dude was seeking a recommendation to be a paperweight then he shouldnt get in trouble and he should get the recommendation.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Hey, you wear those State Police boots all the time, and no one seems to make a scene...

:nono:
    I don't wear them all the time! and when was the last time you saw a cop wearing a PJ shirt?

No

We had so many Air Force, Navy, Army, and Marine recruiters in our high school on any given day you'd swear we were under martial law.

Oh and all the ROTC kids and the officers walking around the college alarm me so much. :roll:

those people are 'working' so they wear their camo/uniform.

I did look up the regulations regarding wearing military camo in public, rules are governed by the base they are stationed at, but in general unless they are on duty/working, wearing camo in public is a no-no...but not like anybody is gonna enforce the rule.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Yeah, he had to know he was gonna cause a scene. Camo alone without the holster and flak jacket, no big deal. He should be punished for being a dipshit, if nothing else. I'm sure my facebook wall is gonna be spammed with articles about this.
  • I've seen plenty of soldiers wearing their fatigues in public. Restaurants, stores etc.. I don't see anything wrong with that...
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    No, not his fault fear rules the day

Best answer here imo.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    DewieCox wrote:
    Yeah, he had to know he was gonna cause a scene. Camo alone without the holster and flak jacket, no big deal. He should be punished for being a dipshit, if nothing else. I'm sure my facebook wall is gonna be spammed with articles about this.

Yeah! Fucking holster and flak jacket. What the fuck? :fp: :lol:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    oh boy
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Dude is nuts for showing up at 6am without an appointment, and the article even states the only person he talked to was a janitor and then a school councilor in the parking lot.

How it went from that, to shutting the school down.....I think the school district is the stupid one here, no kids were even present.