Getting older

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    so sucks. I have been on a pretty strict diet for the last 2 weeks and I lost one pound. One pound!!! Female hormones are the devil :fp:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    so sucks. I have been on a pretty strict diet for the last 2 weeks and I lost one pound. One pound!!! Female hormones are the devil :fp:

I know... its very aggravating.... :evil:

don't give up !!!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Ouch, my back...
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

Ain't that the truth about those female harmones, ESPECIALLY when one lives with a firey redhead. In those times I want to just runaway, runaway, runaway.

Much easier for men to lose weight as we men get older. I just don't eat as much especially since meat is not part of our diet.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    edited March 2013
    Being older just keeps getting better and better for me. And yes there are more gray (grey?) hairs but L'Oreal helps with that.
    Post edited by iluvcats on
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Getting older means I'm not dead, so I take that as a positive.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    if I live to be as old as my Mother,I've got a good thirty years left. If I live to be as old as my two sisters,I only have 4 to 5 years left. :| Scary Thought!
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rolled my ankle good about 5 years ago. most of the time it's fine, but it's been aching like a mofo lately :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I find it harder to be patient...
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    81 wrote:
    rolled my ankle good about 5 years ago. most of the time it's fine, but it's been aching like a mofo lately :x

arthirtis.... :P
    81 wrote:

In the VS co-ed basketball league?
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Getting older means I'm not dead, so I take that as a positive.

bring_out_your_dead3-400x397.jpg
    I've had Preparation H hand delivered to my house.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211

Well,... you're really old when you've got to have it hand delivered to its final destination. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I lost a microwave and I can't find it
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    The other day, my wife looked at the tray of supplements we take and wanted to hide them in a cupboard. She said, "They make us look old". :lol:

I don't know what she's talking about- just a few... glucosamine sulfate/ MSN for arthritis, ginger for vertigo, milk thistle, vitamins B50 and C for immune system, vitamins D3 for osteoporosis, papaya enzymes for digestion, uva ursi and cranberry tablets for her, magnesium glycinate and B3 for my migraines, gabapentin for tinnitus and neuritis.

Old? Nah! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    Considering getting my forehead Botoxed as a birthday present to myself this year.
    brianlux wrote:
    The other day, my wife looked at the tray of supplements we take and wanted to hide them in a cupboard. She said, "They make us look old". :lol:

I don't know what she's talking about- just a few... glucosamine sulfate/ MSN for arthritis, ginger for vertigo, milk thistle, vitamins B50 and C for immune system, vitamins D3 for osteoporosis, papaya enzymes for digestion, uva ursi and cranberry tablets for her, magnesium glycinate and B3 for my migraines, gabapentin for tinnitus and neuritis.

That's pretty badass. What does milk thistle actually do?

Well,... you're really old when you've got to have it hand delivered to its final destination. :P

It doesn't apply itself, know what I'm sayin'?
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

In the VS co-ed basketball league?

:lol::lol::lol:

i hear that league is physical
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

:lol: I hope we can afford the 'expensive nurses.'
    Otherwise, lets just hope our eyesight is gone and our imaginations are still intact.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

Otherwise, lets just hope our eyesight is gone and our imaginations are still intact.

"any port in a storm" theory?
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    I take my glasses off to see stuff

:geek: :shock:

:lol: :problem: :think: hmm, I dunno. I may just let her go down in the storm.
    the boat.. I mean the boat, people.

Janine-Lindemulder-4.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux wrote:

That's pretty badass. What does milk thistle actually do?

Milk Thistle is good for liver support. It said to help protect and repair liver damage from toxins and medications. One of my first jobs was working with silk screening- rather toxic. I used to use lighter fluid to clean sticker residue off of books- very toxic. Now I use Citri Solv which is fairly non-toxic. I also took anti-depressants for years which are hard on the liver. So when I read about Milk Thistle, it seemed like a good one to add to my regimen! :)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux wrote:

:shock: Do you pour milk over that and eat it like cereal? ;)

Janine-Lindemulder-4.jpg

:shock: :D Will it be OK to have this poster in my bedroom when I'm 82?

Janine-Lindemulder-4.jpg

:shock: :D Will it be OK to have this poster in my bedroom when I'm 82?

Unless the home has some kind of fire codes, then I don't see why not?