Options

Mike confirms 2013 release for new PJ album

FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
edited February 2013 in The Porch
Some details of the new album, definitely to be released this year.

http://www.nme.com/news/pearl-jam/68861
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Mike McCready said that the follow-up to 'Backspacer' is influenced by Pink Floyd and punk rock

:cry: :roll:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Mike McCready said that the follow-up to 'Backspacer' is influenced by Pink Floyd and punk rock

Ole!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    BeerBaron wrote:

Ole!
    Generally not my cup of team, but I will admit that some of the "punk rock" songs can be kinda fun live.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    I like the sound of this, looking forward to hearing the finished product just hope they dont rush it now to get it finished. 2014 world tour everybody
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    Pink Floyd! I dig it.
  • Options
    Sounds amazing. I cant wait for the next Gaslight Anthem album too. If they make their No Code, I will be very happy. :D
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    That Brian Fallon quote is old. He was referring to Handwritten when he said that.
    6/03/06 Continental Airlines II East Rutherford, NJ
    6/25/08 MSG II New York, NY
    9/02/2012 Made in America Philly, PA
    10/21/13 Wells Fargo Center I GA Philly, PA
    10/22/13 Wells Fargo Center II GA Philly, PA
  • Options
    CanNotStay wrote:
    That Brian Fallon quote is old. He was referring to Handwritten when he said that.

Really? That sucks
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Somebody needs to tell Eddie he's almost 50 years old and putting out garbage like Supersonic and Ole is embarrassing. He doesn't have he voice for it anymore. I am fine with the Pink Floyd vibe, seeing as the one true time they did play around with that we got Nothing As It Seems.
    -PUSH ME AND I WILL RESIST!
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,327
    Cool, I can't wait to hear what the band will release later this year
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    HailRoad24 wrote:
    Somebody needs to tell Eddie he's almost 50 years old and putting out garbage like Supersonic and Ole is embarrassing. He doesn't have he voice for it anymore. I am fine with the Pink Floyd vibe, seeing as the one true time they did play around with that we got Nothing As It Seems.

I am not so big on the song ole...But, I think supersonic rocks..

jeremy
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    Can't wit! My theory all along has been this: Pearl Jam members are about the same age Neil Young was when he came out with "Ragged Glory", "Weld" and "Mirror Ball"- some of his strongest, most impassioned work ever. I predict this years PJ album will follow a similar path.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Can't wit! My theory all along has been this: Pearl Jam members are about the same age Neil Young was when he came out with "Ragged Glory", "Weld" and "Mirror Ball"- some of his strongest, most impassioned work ever. I predict this years PJ album will follow a similar path.

Hope so! But I don't really like their "punk rock" self. It use to be hard charging, aggressive. Now it's turned into this softer, poppier stuff that really isn't passionate at all. Just kind of there.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    brianlux wrote:

Hope so! But I don't really like their "punk rock" self. It use to be hard charging, aggressive. Now it's turned into this softer, poppier stuff that really isn't passionate at all. Just kind of there.

Look at it this way- the Pink Floyd influence will help round out the punk. Like a little Kahlua in your coffee! :P
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HailRoad24 wrote:
    I am fine with the Pink Floyd vibe, seeing as the one true time they did play around with that we got Nothing As It Seems.
    exactly my thought..and im more than fine with it..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
  • Options
    i think i remember this....all 3 times they play it that night
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    i think i remember this....all 3 times they play it that night
    I am always good with some Pink Floyd, I wish they would play Wish You Were Here one time
This discussion has been closed.