Options

Help with poster valuation on Maxx242 Soundagarden print

BezzaBezza Posts: 203
edited February 2013 in Lost Dogs
Hi there

I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere where you can get indications of the value of concert prints.

The print I have is a Soundgarden Sydney/Melbourne 2012 print by Maxx242

I went to Expresso Beans but the version I have is not listed. They have on there the "show edition" (numbered out of a print run of 275) and the "artist edition" (numbered out of a print run of 100)

I have an AP edition which I got from Maxx242's website which is numbered out of a print run of 5 (AP 2/5 is how it is signed)

Any help or insights would be great
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CappoCappo Posts: 71
    Hi,
    I cant really help with the valuation but I know a little about this poster.
    I was at the show and the only way to get the poster was if you had the V.I.P. tickets. They are the same as the poster pictured on expressobeans except are a different colour. There is a picture of it on his blog from a while back.
    http://f4dstudios.com/blog/red-colorway-screen-print-sold-at-show/
    I saw a few of these sell on ebay for $200+, I cant remember exactly how much.
    The poster that is shown on expressobeans is the artist edition with a run of 100 as you know.

I have not heard of an AP edition. Is it the same colours as the artist edition or the show edition or something different?
    You could try emailing F4DStudios to see what info you can get from them. They have always been very helpful the few times I had some queries.
    Good luck on getting your info.
  • Options
    BezzaBezza Posts: 203
    Thanks for the help
    Cappo wrote:
    I have not heard of an AP edition. Is it the same colours as the artist edition or the show edition or something different?
    The AP edition is the same colour as the show edition print in that it is red and orange not purple and pink like the artist edition
    Cappo wrote:
    You could try emailing F4DStudios to see what info you can get from them.
    They sent me an email when I got the poster because I originally ordered the Artist edition, but when they sent it to me they sent the wrong ones. By the time I had returned them, the Artist edition was sold out. They then sent me an email saying that they were sorry about the mix up and said they could give me one from Maxx242's personal collection of Artist prints which was out of an edition of 5 Artist prints.

I'm guessing it's definately worth more than the normal prints, i'd just like to try and get a ballpark figure on the posters value.
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Posters are worth what someone is willing to pay... Sounds generic, but it is the same with like say collecting baseball cards... If a Derek Jeter rookie is book value of $50.00 are you going to pay $50.00? Probably not. But if it is RARE and hardly seen and desired then you might pay $100.00 for something that books $50.00. I have been after a specific item for a while.... I played plenty more than the highest price previously paid on ebeans. This was because I wanted the item, and I rarely if ever see it for sale... I am glad I bought it, some people would say I would have never paid that!! So I guess I am saying it is all relative...

I say this: What is it worth to you? If you went to the show, I must assume since it is an AP 1 of 5 from Maxx's Personal Collection you have that sucker at the frame shop getting it framed up with all archival mattes and backboards with Conservation glass if not Museum Glass... Which will cost $300 at least at a nice shop who does the job right... Do not take it to a National Chain framer like Michaels.. They will ruin the poster by gluing it to a foam core backboard, which will eventually turn it yellow in 15 years...

If you are wanting to sell it ask for $250.00 and be done with it... IF someone went to the show and wants it, they will pay that... My 2 cents worth anyway..

Godd Luck :)