Boston's "Snowpocalypse 2013"

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    81 wrote:
    just did the driveway and sidewalks. that is heart attack snow for sure.

btw....never clogged once. always go high HP on a snow blower. :mrgreen:
    Looks like I will be out there shoveling every hour to lighten the workload.

Great.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    the other day I used the leaf blower to clear the snow from the driveway.
    How did that work
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    just did the driveway and sidewalks. that is heart attack snow for sure.

btw....never clogged once. always go high HP on a snow blower. :mrgreen:
    Looks like I will be out there shoveling every hour to lighten the workload.

Great.
    Maybe ch will swing by to lend a hand
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    the other day I used the leaf blower to clear the snow from the driveway.
    How did that work

excellent. luckily it was less than an inch and a dry snow, blew right off. won't work with what is forecast for tomorrow - rain followed by heavy wet snow - going to need to get out the heavy equipment for that - my sons
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    - going to need to get out the heavy equipment for that - my sons
    I'm waiting for the day when my kid is old enough to do the shoveling so I can sit inside and then come out and criticize his work at the end like my Dad used to do when I was a teenager. :mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Massachusetts governor has ordered a driving ban.

Starting at 4 p.m. If you're nonessential (e.g. public safety, snow removal, utility, hospital worker) you can be fined and/or arrested if you're caught on the roads.

Shit's gettin' real.

:shock:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Rygar wrote:
    :lol:

I was just gonna post that.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

I was just gonna post that.
    :)
    It's true!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    One thing I dearly miss about Boston ... a huge winter storm, snow piling up, hanging with friends and/or family with nothing to do but stay in and drink ... blasting tunes and laughing as the snow falls all night ... the look of all that untouched snow in the streetlights ... ahhhh, memories.

One thing I don't miss about Boston ... the absolute clusterfuck said storm creates for the following two weeks.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    got nothing here
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    got nothing here

That's what she said.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    got nothing here

That's what she said.

crap. :cry:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,425
    take heart new england. In my brief time(about 90 min.) on I-71S in Ohio today I saw about 100 or so utility trucks(bucket and auger) headed north on I-71. assuming they will take I-76 east til it turns into I-80 east on through pennsylvania. I also noticed at least one Flat bed tractor trailer loaded with approx 50 electrical transformers on it. Help is getting staged !!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    take heart new england. In my brief time(about 90 min.) on I-71S in Ohio today I saw about 100 or so utility trucks(bucket and auger) headed north on I-71. assuming they will take I-76 east til it turns into I-80 east on through pennsylvania. I also noticed at least one Flat bed tractor trailer loaded with approx 50 electrical transformers on it. Help is getting staged !!!!

What we need is beer.
    What we need is beer.

just walk to the bar......

wait....does your town have a bar?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    bit of advice:

don't eat the yellow snow
    mickeyrat wrote:

What we need is beer.
    better call Sam Adams then. How will you keep the beer cold? Huh Huh Huh?

Oh thats right, you could put outside in the snow.

Do they even still sell beer? Havent bought one in so long. Coming up on 6yr 10 mth in 10 days.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    81 wrote:
    What we need is beer.

There is 1 bar, and it is within walking distance...

I could just go to the store and when the power goes out, put the 12 pack in the ghetto fridge. (back deck)
    81 wrote:
    What we need is beer.

I could just go to the store and when the power goes out, put the 12 pack in the ghetto fridge. (back deck)
    watch out for the drunken looters. Thats the first place we look. :P

mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

watch out for the drunken looters. Thats the first place we look. :P

:D
    The local weatherman spouts that the snow is going to be a light, fluffy type snow except over on the Cape".

So, I go outside for preliminary shoveling evaluations, and the godamn snow is wet, thick and heavy.
    A snowball fight participants dream. Unreal.
  • youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    It's getting pretty crazy out there now. The T is completely shut down and it is illegal to drive. Non-essential personnel driving face a $500 fine.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    you can't make the W in wARNING a capital letter. :fp:

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/r9AeO ... iginal.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Holy Christ this snow is HEAVY!

snow-thrower-1.jpg

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

snow-thrower-1.jpg

:P
    This storm is the perfect advertisement for me to buy one...even one of the smaller models.
    once you throw, you'll never go back....

i have this one...works like a champ.

Snowblower-CraftsmanSingleStage21in.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    once you throw, you'll never go back....

i have this one...works like a champ.

Snowblower-CraftsmanSingleStage21in.jpg
    Whats the retail on that one? I'd even settle for a smaller model.