Stock Market

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    my butt hurts

:wave:
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    woof...

+3.26% today overall.

picking up Lowes last week is looking smart.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    woof...

+3.26% today overall.

picking up Lowes last week is looking smart.
    Had buy order on Apple at 500 :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Liking it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Liking it
    Ya got damned right!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    higher than when mitt lost.....

i like it.

couple more dollars and it will be an all time high.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i like it.

NOK is finally starting to show some life. hopefully the Lumina 920 sells well. checked one out a demo model last week. i liked it, and wouldn't mind checking out a working model.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Lumina sales were well above expectations in Q4. NOK is tearing it up today. +19.73% right now. this purchase may still pay off. :lol: guessing there is a bit of short covering going on today. :D

thinking of picking up some AIN
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I subscribe to the Motley Fool Rule Breaker service...they've had some great results, but also a few dogs (Mako Surgical, Chipotle).

My ship came in last week when Zipcar went up 50% in one day!

I sold-off most everything in December, but am slowly getting back into the mix. ETFs look like a nice choice at the moment.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I subscribe to the Motley Fool Rule Breaker service...they've had some great results, but also a few dogs (Mako Surgical, Chipotle).

My ship came in last week when Zipcar went up 50% in one day!

I sold-off most everything in December, but am slowly getting back into the mix. ETFs look like a nice choice at the moment.

i hate motley fool. they talk out of their ass so often it makes me sick. i prefer to read the WSJ, forbes/money/forture magazines

i saw that zip thing. good lord....seems like hertz(?) over paid.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    81 wrote:
    i like it.

NOK is finally starting to show some life. hopefully the Lumina 920 sells well. checked one out a demo model last week. i liked it, and wouldn't mind checking out a working model.

NOK would be doing better if it had not dumped its MeeGO OS, nevertheless I got rid of my NOK stocks,

I'm in RIMM now,
    Idris wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i like it.

NOK would be doing better if it had not dumped its MeeGO OS, nevertheless I got rid of my NOK stocks,

I'm in RIMM now,

i checked out the 920. i liked the hardware, but i wasn't a big fan of the windows platform. only played with it for a few minutes tho. maybe if i used it more, i would like it. i've heard they working on an android version. i would be totally down with that.

we'll see. i'm still holding for now.

on the upside, i bought BAC, P&G and LOW after i bought NOK, and those three are all doing well. NOK was always a long term spec play.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i checked out the 920. i liked the hardware, but i wasn't a big fan of the windows platform. only played with it for a few minutes tho. maybe if i used it more, i would like it. i've heard they working on an android version. i would be totally down with that.

we'll see. i'm still holding for now.

on the upside, i bought BAC, P&G and LOW after i bought NOK, and those three are all doing well. NOK was always a long term spec play.

Yep NOK was a long term stock, I just think RIMM is going to do better at a quicker rate and that's what i'm currently looking for.

Yea the Nokia Hardware is great, Nokia builds a great phone. I did hear about an android version, but like it's Meego OS which could run native android apps anyway (due to the Linux, open source), its crazy that now Nokia wants to move towards and/or build an android device.

I bet Nokia trys to buy Jolla if Jolla takes off well. (Jolla was Nokias Meego until it dumped the OS for Windows)

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/29/hands-on-with-jollas-sailfish-os-video/

Nokia also has a tablet coming up later this year, that could be something.
    heard that tablet thing as well. if they build it as well as the phones, and price it right, that could have some serious legs as people upgrade pc's from windows 7 to 8.

i like the android phone idea. marry up the most popular phone operating system with some of the best hardware out there. i would defiantly buy it.

it'll be interesting to see what develops in the china market over the coming year. i see that being a potential big win for them.

time will tell, but i'm not ready to bail on it just yet. seems like there is so much more upside than downside.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    it'll be interesting to see what develops in the china market over the coming year. i see that being a potential big win for them.

time will tell, but i'm not ready to bail on it just yet. seems like there is so much more upside than downside.

Calling China: How Mobile Startup Jolla Will Sell An Android Alternative
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2013/01/24/calling-china-how-mobile-startup-jolla-will-sell-an-android-alternative/
    at a high level, is anyone else getting nervous that this thing is going to topple over any day now?

i'm sure i'm putting the jinx in now, but damn....january was crazy. just about every day was up. i'm gonna keep riding the wave....but i can't help to think we are going to get kicked in the nuts
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Nokia to launch iPad rival in February?

(also)

Apart from this tablet, a smartphone with 'true' PureView camera technology is also expected to be showcased at the event. Earlier, The Verge reported that the company is working on a new Windows Phone-powered smartphone - codenamed EOS - that will have true PureView technology. This phone is rumoured to have aluminium body and launch this year.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/hardware/Nokia-to-launch-iPad-rival-in-February/articleshow/18306530.cms

and

http://mashable.com/2013/02/02/graphene-nokia/

Computing's next big thing could be on its way. Nokia has received a $1.35 billion grant from the EU to develop graphene, the strongest material the world has ever seen. At one atom thick, it's 300 times stronger than steel, Tom's Hardware notes. Nokia says it started working with the material in 2006, but believes "the greatest innovations have yet to be discovered."
    81 wrote:
    at a high level, is anyone else getting nervous that this thing is going to topple over any day now?

i'm sure i'm putting the jinx in now, but damn....january was crazy. just about every day was up. i'm gonna keep riding the wave....but i can't help to think we are going to get kicked in the nuts

I am thinking of taking the gains, but letting the losses ride.
    Idris wrote:
    Nokia to launch iPad rival in February?

(also)

Apart from this tablet, a smartphone with 'true' PureView camera technology is also expected to be showcased at the event. Earlier, The Verge reported that the company is working on a new Windows Phone-powered smartphone - codenamed EOS - that will have true PureView technology. This phone is rumoured to have aluminium body and launch this year.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/hardware/Nokia-to-launch-iPad-rival-in-February/articleshow/18306530.cms

and

http://mashable.com/2013/02/02/graphene-nokia/

Computing's next big thing could be on its way. Nokia has received a $1.35 billion grant from the EU to develop graphene, the strongest material the world has ever seen. At one atom thick, it's 300 times stronger than steel, Tom's Hardware notes. Nokia says it started working with the material in 2006, but believes "the greatest innovations have yet to be discovered."

that's interesting.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I picked up some Sony and bought back Nokia,

PS4 for may be coming out this year and Sony has something going down during E3 (june 11-13) probably showing the new PS off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Entertainment_Expo
  • Anybody watching Herbalife after hours :shock:

Rule #1 - Don't screw with Karl Icahn... Ackman and Pershing Square down 180 MM on their short...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    I've taken most of my gains from the recent rally, so now, I am messing about with options/selling short on options (hedged, of course!).

I get too caught up in the "It's too late to buy" syndrome, so I am staying on the sidelines in terms of equities.
    Anybody watching Herbalife after hours :shock:

Rule #1 - Don't screw with Karl Icahn... Ackman and Pershing Square down 180 MM on their short...

just started watching it after this post. :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I've taken most of my gains from the recent rally, so now, I am messing about with options/selling short on options (hedged, of course!).

I get too caught up in the "It's too late to buy" syndrome, so I am staying on the sidelines in terms of equities.

i'm still in. long term. i do need to make a few changes tho. :fp:

i hate market holiday's. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

i'm still in. long term. i do need to make a few changes tho. :fp:

i hate market holiday's. :x

I don't! I get a day off! :D
    PJ-VA Beach 6/17/08
    PJ-Philly 10/30-31/09
    PJ-NYC 5/20-21/10
    PJ20-East Troy 9/3-4/11
    EV-Washington, DC 8/17/08
    EV-Baltimore 6/15/09
    EV-Philly 6/25/11
    EV-Orlando 11/27-28/12
    PJ-Wrigley 7/19/13
    PJ-Brooklyn 10/18-19/2013
    PJ-Charlottesville 10/29/2013
    been a fun week. :lol:

pretty much back to break even for the week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    just because i couldn't resist an 11% yield, i picked up TICC today....just in time to qualify for the payment in 11 days.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg