Options

Tickets

spiderlovespiderlove Posts: 30
edited January 2013 in The Porch
Newbie that has put in for ticket drawing would like to know how it actually works. Allready went through the process and gave my card number. NOT giving the tickets up as this will be my ONE chance to see them. Someone please tell me If I will end up sitting in the parking lot or if I am good to go on the tickets. thank you. All of you have been SO helpful to me so far and I just love all of you. (Except for the one who told me to canel my tickets...LOL)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    You just have to wait and see if you get them. None of us have a clue... we don't know how many 10c tix are available. Unless you get GA, you will have the worst 10c seats in the section you win, since seat selection is by seniority. But you won't know your exact seat selection until you pick up you tickets the day of the show. We don't know which seats will be 10c and which won't. But it's a big stadium. I will be surprised if anyone who put in for all of the three sections doesn't get a pair of tickets. I think the real.competition lays with the GA tix.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ignorance shwing here. what is GA? Gods Above?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    spiderlove wrote:

General Admission (no seats; first come first served for proximity to the stage)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    general admission
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Was/is this the best way to go or would I have a better chance through the evil ticketmaster?
  • Options
    I am legally blind pretty much. does this mean I could be in the far back of the stadium. I did put in for "lower bowl". Please do not get frustrated with me. I am just learning about all of this.
  • Options
    Am I also right to assume to GA tix would mean campling out at the gates for three or four days? Because I will.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    spiderlove wrote:
    Am I also right to assume to GA tix would mean campling out at the gates for three or four days? Because I will.

You wont need to do that unless you absolutely positively have to be on the rail
    there will be a limited number of people in the G.A. area (maybe 2,000?)
    so no need to get all worked up 6 months before the show
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    spiderlove wrote:
    If you have to be on the rail, then you'd probably want to get in line early in the morning on the day the show (with someone who can hold your spot in line when you go and pick up your tickets from will call). I would guess that a few die hards would get there in the wee hours or maybe the night before, and some others at maybe 8am or something (you would camp out for 3 or 4 days?!?? Seriously??). Not worth it to me personally because i want to enjoy the whole day and go to a pre-party. The closer the better, but really GA in general is a blast. If you're gentle and don't mind going it alone, you can probably get within 12 deep of the stage if you really want to. Don't think I'd personally show up more than half an hour before the doors open. But anyway, no one can answer a lot of your questions. You're asking us to read the future. In the end, people will line up when they line up. Who knows what some people might decide to do. Maybe n Chicago there are hundreds of people crazy enough to line up for two days. Impossible to say. Best thing to do would be to just keep your eye on Wrigley field the day and night before the show and see what happens, and then act accordingly.

For some reference, the first people in the GA line in Missoula got there at 2 am but I think anyone who got there before noon probably got the rail. But Chicago is a different show, with way more people coming, so it could be way different. For the stadium concert for U2 in Vancouver a small number camped overnight for GA, so it's likely you'll.see the same for this kind of PJ show
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    spiderlove wrote:
    I am legally blind pretty much. does this mean I could be in the far back of the stadium. I did put in for "lower bowl". Please do not get frustrated with me. I am just learning about all of this.
    No one can tell you that. We do 't know where the 10c seats are.
    But if you're legally blind (like, actually, not pretty much), you might want to contact t 10c and see if you qualify for disabled seating. I have no idea if blind people would qualify or not - it's generally meant for people with mobility issues, I.e. wheelchairs or crutches. But maybe for the legally blind as well, who knows. I would think a disability is a disability, and doubt they discriminate. If you are legally blind I don't think I would recommend GA. Pretty hard to stay safe in a GA pit when you can't see.
  • Options
    I am not asking anyone to read my future. I have just never done tickets like this before and i am going to do this I want it to be great. I do not know if what I put in for was GA or not. I put in for "bowl" $168.00 bucks. Oh well. Have no idea what that means but it is done. May could watch on TV from NC but I WILL se them live before I die and this may be my only on this coast. Thanks. anyway I can go back and "see" what I put in for? You folks are really a great deal of help and I do not know how I would do this without you. Long story that no one here really needs to know. Lets just say...........I don't get out much so this is a BIG DEAL for me.
  • Options
    spiderlove wrote:
    I am not asking anyone to read my future. I have just never done tickets like this before and i am going to do this I want it to be great. I do not know if what I put in for was GA or not. I put in for "bowl" $168.00 bucks. Oh well. Have no idea what that means but it is done. May could watch on TV from NC but I WILL se them live before I die and this may be my only on this coast. Thanks. anyway I can go back and "see" what I put in for? You folks are really a great deal of help and I do not know how I would do this without you. Long story that no one here really needs to know. Lets just say...........I don't get out much so this is a BIG DEAL for me.
    Yes, I think I can speak for everyone and say we all know that it's a big deal. I think every show is a big deal to pretty much everyone. ;) The bowl is the lower bowl, not GA. Same price, but seats. You can see your choices by going to Your Account and just click on the tickets section. You can also cancel your choice and pick again if you want, or add a choice to the one you already picked. Have you read the instructions for the new ticket system? Or watched the instructional video? 10c links to it from the home page or news page or somewhere. It explains everything.
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    spiderlove wrote:

For some reference, the first people in the GA line in Missoula got there at 2 am but I think anyone who got there before noon probably got the rail. But Chicago is a different show, with way more people coming, so it could be way different. For the stadium concert for U2 in Vancouver a small number camped overnight for GA, so it's likely you'll.see the same for this kind of PJ show

I was there by 9am with my brother and we were about three people deep...
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    Carey wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    spiderlove wrote:

Oh, Really? I know someone who was 3 deep and got there 3 minutes before doors opened. I was 6 deep and got there maybe 20 minutes before doors... :think: So I guess what that means is that the difference between waiting all day long and not waiting all day long can be negligible!
  • Options
    spiderlove wrote:

Roughly translated, GA means "survival of the fittest" because the norm at shows that have GA means the bigger
    the asshole you are the closer you get to the stage. You can show up 10 seconds before the show starts and you feel you are entitled to bull rush your way past many people who have been waiting all day.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Carey wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Oh, Really? I know someone who was 3 deep and got there 3 minutes before doors opened. I was 6 deep and got there maybe 20 minutes before doors... :think: So I guess what that means is that the difference between waiting all day long and not waiting all day long can be negligible!

There def was some shady business with people trying to jump the line. Also, there was a delay in opening the door on the 10club side of the building, so the non-10 club ga people were filtering in before the 15 minute delay. I am not a very pushy person but I suppose if I wanted to I could have gotten a piece of rail somewhere??
  • Options
    spiderlove wrote:

Roughly translated, GA means "survival of the fittest" because the norm at shows that have GA means the bigger
    the asshole you are the closer you get to the stage. You can show up 10 seconds before the show starts and you feel you are entitled to bull rush your way past many people who have been waiting all day.

This! Those people suck :cry:
  • Options
    Don't want to be an asshole and I am fairly tiny so bull rushing is out of the question.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    spiderlove wrote:
    I have just never done tickets like this before and i am going to do this I want it to be great.
    None of us have, this is the first time they've done it this way. Trust me, this is better than the old way, much less stressful and time consuming.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,339
    If you put in for all 3 sections your pretty much guaranteed tickets somewhere. Also if they do a somewhat exstensive tour in the fall in support of a new album I'd think you would have a good chance of getting a show somewhere in NC. Good luck!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    So is there a chance I will not get tickets at all with this system? I put in for lower bowl and then others said I shoulds put in for more sections but it is not giving me at option without cancelling what I already put in for. Will some kind sould help this moron out? I feel like an idiout being so excited and then freaking out on how to get there and now people are telling me I probably will not even GET tickets.
  • Options
    spiderlove wrote:
    So is there a chance I will not get tickets at all with this system? I put in for lower bowl and then others said I shoulds put in for more sections but it is not giving me at option without cancelling what I already put in for. Will some kind sould help this moron out? I feel like an idiout being so excited and then freaking out on how to get there and now people are telling me I probably will not even GET tickets.
    Just cancel your entire order, and do it again. Choose all three seating options this time. The chances that you won't get a ticket somewhere in the building after choosing all three options are slim to none for this big venue I bet, but no one knows for sure. There is ALWAYS a chance that you won't get tickets, with this system or any other ... But even then, do not freak out. :lol: There are other ways to get tickets if you don't win the lottery. So go ahead and make your travel plans, and calm down. ;):lol:
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    You'll know if you got tickets or not before the public sale date, so don't get too worked up about it.
  • Options
    With the public sale date is there still a chane of getting GA. May just have to leave this in the hand of the ROCKGODS:-)
  • Options
    spiderlove wrote:
    With the public sale date is there still a chane of getting GA. May just have to leave this in the hand of the ROCKGODS:-)
    There is no way there will be tix in the public sale for GA. It's 10C members only.
  • Options
    Just cancelled and entered for both GA and lower bowl. DEAR ROCKGODS....PLEASE???????