Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Down by 26.8 and i have Peyton and d Thomas going tonight.
    He has Crabtree and a TE. Gonna be another close week.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    How hard is it to cover Witten??

:mrgreen:

i have witten....i like witten.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    dayum i'm getting crushed in both of my leagues and i have matt ryan (who apparently was the only one of my players who did well this week)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    dayum i'm getting crushed in both of my leagues and i have matt ryan (who apparently was the only one of my players who did well this week)

i'm in run up the score mode in two leagues, and struggle for the win in the 3rd.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I'm down by .86, and I have Colston left to go. I hope he can put up those numbers. :corn:
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Due to numerous teams bye-weeks this week, I am officially screwed. Have Vernon Davis tomorrow and Pierre Thomas and Lance Moore tonight. Opponent has Demarius Thomas and Jimmy Graham. :fp:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    I'm picking up John Skelton to start this week :fp: i will also be starting danial thomas and a RB to be named later. :fp:

good thing i'm 7-1 in that leage with a 4 game lead over the non playoff teams with 5 games to go :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I'm 2-6 in my main league. Still waiting for oen of those weeks where I have 2-3 guys have huge games. My kicker was my high scoring player last week :fp: :fp:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    81 wrote:
    I'm picking up John Skelton to start this week :fp:
    It's not a good sign that I would to have done a Google search to find out who John Skelton is before last nights game.
    I'm 2-6 in my main league. Still waiting for oen of those weeks where I have 2-3 guys have huge games. My kicker was my high scoring player last week :fp: :fp:

ouch. we have a kicked in teh ball prop wager in my one league. team with the highest single week kicker score gets a few bucks. i just took the lead in that catagory with lawrence this week. 19pts.

i'm sitting at
    7-1
    6-2
    5-3

all have a good shot at the playoffs, but my playoff luck thru the years has not been very good. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

ouch. we have a kicked in teh ball prop wager in my one league. team with the highest single week kicker score gets a few bucks. i just took the lead in that catagory with lawrence this week. 19pts.

i'm sitting at
    7-1
    6-2
    5-3

all have a good shot at the playoffs, but my playoff luck thru the years has not been very good. :fp:

Tynes was my kicker as well. I had only 1 TD between all my QB/RB/WR this week. I guess I'll put all my focus on betting point spreads.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Lost because of crabtree last night. Can't be too upset since I'm a niners fan.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    81 wrote:

i'm in run up the score mode in two leagues, and struggle for the win in the 3rd.

wow somehow i wom won of my games by lkike 2 ponts, got crushed in the other :fp:

4-3 in one leage, 3-4 in the other :|
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Jason P wrote:
    81 wrote:
    I'm picking up John Skelton to start this week :fp:
    It's not a good sign that I would to have done a Google search to find out who John Skelton is before last nights game.
    :lol: slim pickens for sure
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    QB dilemma for this weekend. Do I start Rivers tonight vs. the Chiefs or Josh Freeman vs. Oakland. Rivers seems like the easy pick, but he has been awful lately and the Chargers suck. Freeman has had 3 huge games in a row and Oakland isn't very good against the pass. My team sucks...pretty much need to run the table here just to make the playoffs.
    QB dilemma for this weekend. Do I start Rivers tonight vs. the Chiefs or Josh Freeman vs. Oakland. Rivers seems like the easy pick, but he has been awful lately and the Chargers suck. Freeman has had 3 huge games in a row and Oakland isn't very good against the pass. My team sucks...pretty much need to run the table here just to make the playoffs.

:?

i hear john skelton is going to light it up this week. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

:?

i hear john skelton is going to light it up this week. :fp:

Ouch. Damn bye weeks.
    good lord...

this week starters in my office league include
    Skelton at QB
    Danial Thomas at RB
    Ronnie Brown at RB

:fp:

sad thing...still favored 101-88 :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I have to start Cutler this week :x :x :x Nothing pisses me off more than having to root for a Bear :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182

I'm stuck with Rivers tonight as Tom Terrific is on a bye. Personally, I'd go with Freeman as he has been lighting it up lately. Plus, Oakland's D is nothing to writ home about. I was able to get Rivers off the waiver wire or I'd be playing Weeden. I guess that's what I get for only having one QB til now. :nono:
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    CServant wrote:

I'm stuck with Rivers tonight as Tom Terrific is on a bye. Personally, I'd go with Freeman as he has been lighting it up lately. Plus, Oakland's D is nothing to writ home about. I was able to get Rivers off the waiver wire or I'd be playing Weeden. I guess that's what I get for only having one QB til now. :nono:

depending on who the browns play, weeden isn't a bad option. he is my backup in one league.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    CServant wrote:

Still debating what to do tonight. Kinda leaning towards Rivers right now....mostly based on how awful the Chiefs are.

Still debating what to do tonight. Kinda leaning towards Rivers right now....mostly based on how awful the Chiefs are.

Went with Rivers last night. He put up 18 points for me. Not great, but not terrible.

Went with Rivers last night. He put up 18 points for me. Not great, but not terrible.

i'd take that....good call.

he threw it to brown a bunch and got floyd a td. those two put up 25 points for me vs a projection of 15. i'll take it. at the same time, the guy i am playing had mccluster and he put up 2 points vs a projection of 10.

nice start to the week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

he threw it to brown a bunch and got floyd a td. those two put up 25 points for me vs a projection of 15. i'll take it. at the same time, the guy i am playing had mccluster and he put up 2 points vs a projection of 10.

nice start to the week.

Not bad from Brown and Floyd. After that first TD drive, I thought SD was going to put up big points. Turns out I should have picked up their defense for this week.

That was a brutal game to watch. Man, how bad are the Chiefs?? I still can't believe they haven't held a lead in any game this season. Pathetic.
    81 wrote:

nice start to the week.

Not bad from Brown and Floyd. After that first TD drive, I thought SD was going to put up big points. Turns out I should have picked up their defense for this week.

That was a brutal game to watch. Man, how bad are the Chiefs?? I still can't believe they haven't held a lead in any game this season. Pathetic.

more power to you for watching that crap. i flipped it on a couple of times but couldn't stay interested in it for more than one play.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    You want to talk about fantasy football frustrations? I've got a good one for ya...

So I've done fantasy hockey a bunch, been an avid football fan for over a decade, but this is my first FF league... figured we'd give it a whirl...

Anyway to put together the league we had 9 guys, + 1 of the guys girlfriends is all about football, and of course when one girlfriend said she wanted to play, 2 who know nothing about football jumped on the bus... so we wound up with 12.

So last weekend one of the guys who has a girlfriend who knows nothing about football are playing each other. The guy, Matt (who doesn't know that much about football to begin with), is at 5-2 (out of shear dumb luck), the girl, Amy, is at 2-5. Right? no problems. Anyway, Matt has MJD and Jordy Nelson in the lineup and has to go out of town Tuesday, forgetting to update his line-up... Neither guy plays. Amy, who sees that Matt is fucked (despite the fact she knows nothing about football, actively manages her team), doesn't pick up a defense for the week, she has baltimore who is on bye week, and SITS McGahee AND McCoy on her fucking bench for Felix Jones and Deangelo Williams....

Anyway, Matt winds up winning 72 to 62 because Amy basically tossed the game. He's now in a tie for first place, as I managed to pull off an underdog victory over the first place team... When confronted about what she did on Wednesday, Amy pretty much giggles and says "Oops, I forgot!".... Meanwhile, Tuesday morning she already updated her roster to put both McCoy and McGahee back into the line-up... (i know this as I am playing her this week)

anyway, the league commish is buying her story of "forgetting"... while me, and half the people in the league have basically already said "Give me my league fee back because this is bullshit"....

Next year when I do FF again, it will only be with real football fans... :x :x :x
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    My opponent has Chargers D :x
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    shep wrote:
    You want to talk about fantasy football frustrations? I've got a good one for ya...

So I've done fantasy hockey a bunch, been an avid football fan for over a decade, but this is my first FF league... figured we'd give it a whirl...

Anyway to put together the league we had 9 guys, + 1 of the guys girlfriends is all about football, and of course when one girlfriend said she wanted to play, 2 who know nothing about football jumped on the bus... so we wound up with 12.

So last weekend one of the guys who has a girlfriend who knows nothing about football are playing each other. The guy, Matt (who doesn't know that much about football to begin with), is at 5-2 (out of shear dumb luck), the girl, Amy, is at 2-5. Right? no problems. Anyway, Matt has MJD and Jordy Nelson in the lineup and has to go out of town Tuesday, forgetting to update his line-up... Neither guy plays. Amy, who sees that Matt is fucked (despite the fact she knows nothing about football, actively manages her team), doesn't pick up a defense for the week, she has baltimore who is on bye week, and SITS McGahee AND McCoy on her fucking bench for Felix Jones and Deangelo Williams....

Anyway, Matt winds up winning 72 to 62 because Amy basically tossed the game. He's now in a tie for first place, as I managed to pull off an underdog victory over the first place team... When confronted about what she did on Wednesday, Amy pretty much giggles and says "Oops, I forgot!".... Meanwhile, Tuesday morning she already updated her roster to put both McCoy and McGahee back into the line-up... (i know this as I am playing her this week)

anyway, the league commish is buying her story of "forgetting"... while me, and half the people in the league have basically already said "Give me my league fee back because this is bullshit"....

Next year when I do FF again, it will only be with real football fans... :x :x :x

time for a new commish
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg