Options

Article about new LP in Rolling Stone

Savage TongueSavage Tongue Posts: 580
edited October 2012 in The Porch
Just a quick blurb, nothing extremely new but I figured I'd do my due diligence and post it here.

photo1.jpg
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
"Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Nice
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    Just looking forward to some new music, "out there" or not.
  • Options
    Can't wait. I'm always interested when bands try something new.
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Looks like we'll get another No Code or Riot Act. Rad! Hope "Of The Earth" is on it!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,472
    Goatboy wrote:
    Just looking forward to some new music, "out there" or not.

+1
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Ty wrote:
    Looks like we'll get another No Code or Riot Act. Rad! Hope "Of The Earth" is on it!

Fingers crossed for "Of the Earth"! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Out there is definitely a great move.
    Backspacer got some heavy rotation when I first got it but it's always the last record I think of to listen to these days. I will only play a few tracks from it which is a shame as it's not a bad album per se.

Gping down the out there No Code/Riot Act route get a massive thumbs up from me
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I definitely like the sound of this !
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    odds of ole making the new album- high...bc if anything, that song is really 'out there'
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    odds of ole making the new album- high...bc if anything, that song is really 'out there'

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

YUP WAAAAAY OUT THERE
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Definitely pumped for the new album, but doesn't it seem like every band says stuff like Jeff said there when making a new album??
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    I worry Brendan will take what ever they do and make it all shiny and clean like Backspacer.... not that I dont like that album. Don't let em Jeff and Ed! :). Just ready for the "unpolished" Pearl Jam to come back. Another No Code/Binaural is what I hope for.... Off the Earth is a great sign though.
  • Options
    i hope jeff has a heavy hand in this record

he seems to be the one most willing to take chances musically these days

matt too, but matt isn't as invested in pearl jam as jeff is
    (nothing against matt, i fucking love him)
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Happy to be getting a new album next year hopefully, but even happier to hear that they are taking some chances to make this album more "out there". I have been saying all along that I would love the new album to have a combination of the sound and concept of No Code, Binaural, and Riot Act all rolled into one.

Thanks for the post!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options

+1

I'm totally digging 'While My Heart Beats'!!!!

Please give creative control to Jeff and Stone.
  • Options

+1

I'm totally digging 'While My Heart Beats'!!!!

Please give creative control to Jeff and Stone.

this guy knows

ed needs to lose the guitar
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Definitely pumped for the new album, but doesn't it seem like every band says stuff like Jeff said there when making a new album??

It's just like when they used to ask Shaquiile Oneal in a post game interview why the Lakers won the game..."well, we come out, play hard and put points on the board."

duh.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Everyone needs to step away from their current bands and work on what has become their real "side project"....Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    With the amount of time they have had to work on it I hope it's a double length "Quadrophenia-esq" type "out there" album.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    Not sure why people keep on hoping for "Of the Earth"...it's from Avocado sessions, and Eddie has come out and said explicitly that it's not goin to be on album, it's just going to stick around as a live-only track. Read PJ20 guys! Read it!!! :geek:

Nonetheless, I don't remember Jeff saying Backspacer was going to push any boundaries...so...we can only hope! :corn:
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    mtolan514 wrote:
    Not sure why people keep on hoping for "Of the Earth"...it's from Avocado sessions, and Eddie has come out and said explicitly that it's not goin to be on album, it's just going to stick around as a live-only track. Read PJ20 guys! Read it!!! :geek:

Nonetheless, I don't remember Jeff saying Backspacer was going to push any boundaries...so...we can only hope! :corn:

Yeah, pretty sure the only chance we'll have at a studio version of this will be on a new Lost Dogs or something 10 years in the future. :( :lol:
  • Options
    mtolan514 wrote:

He never "explicitly" said it wouldn't be on there. He said they had recorded a version of it, but wasn't sure if it was going to go on the album, or have it just stay as a live song.
    -PUSH ME AND I WILL RESIST!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    My prediction: Dubstep
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    Happy to be getting a new album next year hopefully, but even happier to hear that they are taking some chances to make this album more "out there". I have been saying all along that I would love the new album to have a combination of the sound and concept of No Code, Binaural, and Riot Act all rolled into one.

Thanks for the post!

Agree, but I have very low expectations as I feel the band is starting to hit the downward slope. Not knocking them, as they have been around for 20+ years. I just have a really hard time listening to Ed warble through live shows these days and struggle so much.
    -PUSH ME AND I WILL RESIST!
  • Options
    Please give us a 90 minutes long double album :)
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    "ambitious sounds" that are "way outside our comfort level"........BRING ON, BRING ON :D !!!!!
    Excellent insight on where they're heading.....can't wait for this one to see the light of day.
  • Options
    Ty wrote:
    Outside their comfort zone would not be replicating albums they've already done..

They want to change their sound up a bit like they did when those albums came out, so it will sound nothing like what they've done.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Jason P wrote:
    My prediction: Dubstep

Hahaha that popped into my head too.

Maybe that or Stone adding a hip-hop flavor

Go 'out there' all you want guys - I'm for it. New and unexpected is fun.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    HailRoad24 wrote:

Agree, but I have very low expectations as I feel the band is starting to hit the downward slope. Not knocking them, as they have been around for 20+ years. I just have a really hard time listening to Ed warble through live shows these days and struggle so much.

u didn't absolutely love avocado?
    really??
    hmmmmm :?

wow